2nd Kingdom - Water

Healer

   

 

I can't say that my first night was peaceful, I wasn't obviously used to the place so I just closed my eyes and pretended that I was home in my bed.

My bubble, my Heaven.

There was no single sound, usually, cars would pass by the streets shining their lights into my window. Or, a group of drank people going home after a fun night with their laughters so loud, but nothing of the sort. No TV sounds, no annoying voices from neighbors ... just too quiet for my liking.

I think I woke up after sunrise, the sun is still not fully up in the sky and the morning breez is still cold. I looked outside my window and I saw as few people were walking in and about the courtyard already starting their day.
 

I went through the wooden box for something to wear and I found this blue dress. Giving my last experience with dresses, I decided to leave this one intact, besides, it didn't look so bad, it was pretty and falttery and fit me well.

Again, I tied my hair up, put on a pair of flats and walked out. The castle was empty, like it always has been. I went out from the courtyard and walked for some time. I wanted to go see the port were they kept the boats, it wasn't far away.
 

I was alone and I didn't know if it was a good idea to go by myself but I did anyways. I greeted few people as I walked by. I hardly know any of them but they treated me as if I was one of them. By the time I reached the shore, I glanced over a figure from a far. It looked like Seoho.

The boy was standing there without his armor, dressed in a plain white shirt while his black hair fell on his face, his head lowered to the ground and eyes closed. As I got closer, I noticed that he was bare foot, his feet in the water ... eyes still closed, head still lowered as if he was listening to something but there was nothing other than the sound of the water, the wind and the birds. I took one more step, I didn't want to scare him but obviously I didn't have to

"You shouldn't be here alone" he suddenly said, eyes still closed scaring me instantly.

Fluttering his eyes open, he looked at me giving, me a side smile "Please make sure you're surrounded by people anywhere you go my Lady" he said and I scoffed "Good morning to you too" 

Charming as he was, he flashed me a smile "Good morning my Lady, forgive my attitude it hasn't been a good start of the day for me I'm afraid" he said looking back at the ocean obviously bothered by something "Has something happened?" I asked as I got closer 

"Keonhee", just the mention of his name frightened me

"Ravn, Keonhee and Leedo left to take care of a matter that just came up" he said eyes still focused on the horizon in front of him "He left me, Xion and Hwanwoong in charge" 

"Plus" he trailed "We should be expecting a storm later today, it will be heavy" 

"Huh?" I looked at the sky and the water "What storm?" the sun was shining, the water was so still and there was no clouds in the sky. Amused by my ignorance, he tried to change the subject "Care for some breakfast my Lady?"

Actually yes, I was starving so I nodded shyly as I watched him finally getting his feet out of the water and walking to my direction. Passing by my side to find his boots, he gave me a last glance "You look nice today my Lady" he said making me look down at the dress I picked up this morning "Oh this old thing?" I mumbled holding the flattery fabric in my hand "Thank you" 

I followed him as we left the port but before leaving, Seoho passed by the boats adressing all the men and boys who worked in the harbor "No ships to be sailed today, no boats in the sea, no fishing, get ready for a storm to come, tighten your fore sails and make sure your anchors are in place, no one is to be seen at this area this afternoon, close the harbor"

I still can't see why, there's nothing that indicates a storm coming but I guess Seoho was the weather forecast guy. Maybe he saw things we didn't. Just like that, trusting his words like they were the last thing they'll ever do, everyone started to get to work. I kept quiet ... What do I know? 

I trailed behind him as he walked, we passed by the courtyard, we got into the castle somewhere not so far from the throne room, there was a huge kitchen but it didn't look like anyone was cooking. It was clean and nothing was used or touched but the big long table in the corner was almost full of food. Eggs, bread, fruits and others

"Please have what you fancy, the rest will be taken soon" he flashed that smile again, it's not like I'm growing fond of the guy but he's nice just as nice as Xion who suddenly walked into the kitchen eyes half closed and halfway through wearing his armor when he realised I was there. He gasped looking up "Sorry my Lady" he said quickly buckling the strapes of his armor "We are not used to have ladies around the castle" he said almost blushing. I smiled, the younger was super adorable, how could he be fighting a war?, wearing an armor and holding a sword, spitting fire out of his hand at his age?

"It's okay" ... "Did you eat?" I asked pointing out the food on the table while Seoho was already half through his apple "I'll have some later" he said "I need to go get some chores done", Seoho confidently nodded watching the younger leave.

The silence was awkward for a while "Will Hwanwoong join us?" I asked looking up from the piece of bread and milk I had in my hands. He gave me a sad expression "He's probably at the roof top again" I tilted my head to the side "Huh?" which made Seoho force a laugh that soon disappeared "He likes to watch the sunrise from up there, and no one but him can get up there"

I smiled "Right, he teleports" Seoho nodded putting down his now finished apple on the table

"How was it like? Your Kingdom?"

Silence was followed by a sigh

"We lived by the sea, we lived from the sea, our harbors were the main ports for export and import, we built ships and boats. Sometimes, you could hear mermaids singing in the horizon of the ocean, ever since I was a small kid, I used to play in the shore a lot, I could hear it whisper to me" 

He closed his eyes "Telling me all about the secrets inside, what's coming, who's on the other side" 

"As if it's speaking to you?"

"Yes ... something like that" ... "When my Kingdom fell, I drawned in the sea as flames took over everything I had" ... "I let the tide take me and when I opened my eyes I found Hwanwoong trying to get me to breathe, he was in no shape himself, his Kingdom already fallen, blood and wounds all over his body but yet he managed to get me to breathe" ... "Up until this day, I don't know why the water chose to take me over to him, but I have never encountered a more caring person like him in my life" ... "he still mourns, for every soul we lost, for every drop of blood, for the people with gifts that got brutally killed"

Something inside of me twisted ... my Heart

Seoho looked up at me "I know you are having trouble figuring everything out but if there's anyone to ask about your gifts ... it's Hwanwoong"

As crazy as it may sound but Seoho was right, the 5th Kingdom was the home of amlost all gifted people. Hwanwoong must know more than anyone else about how to get my gifts to function ... that if I had any in the first place. But before I was able to say anything, Xion was back, he didn't seem to have any chores done

"Seoho they are back" he informed before Seoho violently stood up and quickly trailed behind the frantic Xion.