War is Here

Healer

  

 

What have I done?

I wasn't sure, I just blew myself into this without consideration and now, I'm standing inside a perfect circle that the Valkyrie have made around me, protecting me from the hideous monsters that were surrounding us the second we teleported ourselves here. 

The forest so humid, the fog too thick and everything just seemed ... dead. 

There was no life in this place, not the good kind at least.

Somewhere behind the dead trees, I saw the tips of the castle, standing there so brave having survived all this time and I remembered. This is or was Ravn's home, the 1st Kingdom, the sullen prince must be having conflicted feelings right now but no ... he was fighting his way through, too controlled and too good.

She was sitting on her throne and she was furious. It has only been a few days since Dongmyeong and Yonghoon escaped and she was trying to find them. She sent her ugly monsters sniffing around but there was nothing much found since they both fell into the water and she knew that it was only a matter of time until the two would find a way to revenge her ... little did she know, that it was this soon.

I felt so bad for Ravn, walking through the walls of this Kingdom ... his Kingdom, his Home ... Seeing it like this, dead, dark and, filled with the smell of death and plague. As I followed the boys inside, Ravn knew exactly where to go, where to hide, he knew this place like the back of his hands, sure, it's different now, it's filled with dark magic and poison but it's still the same place he has always knew.

I had no idea what the plan was, I just followed them, staying close to Leedo in particular ... he was a safer choice right now.

I'm sure they had a plan ... right?

Hwangwoon said, "Go in without being noticed, find Hwasa and ... I wasn't sure if the word was "Destroy her" or "Capture her" because at that time, another monster came out of nowhere and they started fighting again. Swords in the air and Xion playing with fire turning them into ashes in a matter of seconds. This young little boy has so much power in him, and I ... Didn't know just how much.

We walked slowly as I kept trailing behind the Valkyrie. Sometimes, I would glance to see what they were fighting but most of the time one of them would shield me away, I know they were protecting me but if it wasn't for my stubborn , they wouldn't have to and I'm grateful that they are protecting me I just hope I would return their favor soon. 

We were inside the castle ... finally.

Ravn guided us inside, taking every step carefully, he knew this place like the back of his own hands and I couldn't imagine the agony he must be going through right now, all the memories, all the images running in the back of his head, one of these abandoned rooms could have some very meaningful memories but he led us in like the leader he is without any hesitations as if he shut down his mind to focus on the only mission he's here for ... find Hwasa and eliminate her. I was afraid of that, afraid of the moment where we actually confront her, and ... then what? will we be able to put her away? 

We just kept quiet and walked our way inside, it was awfully quiet, and unusually calm "Something is wrong" Seoho muttered, and yes something was indeed wrong, she knew we were coming for her, the way was crystal clear as if she was inviting us to come inside. No one blocked our way inside the castle and it was strange, stranger than we expected, we thought that the way to Hwasa's throne was going to be bloodier than this but it wasn't.

Our way to the throne room was completely effortless, we stood there in front of the throne room's door and waited for the right moment to barge in, and there she was ... sitting in her chair with a grin on her face ... just waiting for us to find her.

"Well, well, well" she playfully said tapping her fingers to the armchair "Look who finally made it"

They were all in attack mode with me behind them, they had their swords pointed out at her surrounding her, literally pushing her to the corner as Xion's hands lit up fire ready to attack but then, suddenly, everyone started groaning and falling the ground "You walk inside my Kingdom and you think you can get out alive?"

Her magic, with a snap of a finger she had them all to the ground, what kind of sorcery is this? 

My eyes widened and my heart started beating louder than it can ever be watching them falling to the ground ... but not me?

I hurried my way to Ravn trying to help him get up but he was in so much pain to stand ... all of them were but why not me?

With my shields down, I look up at her in fear to find her looking back at me with a frown "Who the HELL are you?" she asked completely oblivious of my existence and I step back and she comes forward "Well it doesn't matter" she says "You'll die with them too" and there it came her eyes blinked red for a while and I was expecting the same agony the boys were having but ... nothing happened and she seemed confused so she did it again and nothing happened. 

I look back at her now knowing for sure that she can't hurt me "You don't have to do this Hwasa" 

"SHUT UP," she said trying her magic over and over again at me but for some reason, it wasn't working. Her confusion and disoriented self-lost focus on the boys so the second her magic seemed to fade away Ravn jumped on to her throwing her across the room but she doesn't give up. Sure, she was confused but that didn't stop her from gaining a second grip on Ravn and when she noticed Leedo with his big ax behind her, she made him fling across the door and into the hallway from where we first entered the throne room. Xion was trying to lit his fists but all he managed to do was to create a circle of fire around us protecting us from whatever witchcraft she was sent on our way.

"Oh I 've been waiting for this day for far too long" she laughs hysterically"You all die today"

"You Witch" Keonhee screamed from where he was crouching on the floor "You killed everyone, you destroyed everything if there's someone about to die today ... it will be YOU" his long nails and his fangs appear showing his half-vampire half-werewolf nature "Oh silly boy" she laughs again "I raised enough monsters to know you're a farm animal" 

And she starts to mutter things, inaudible things, spells I figured because, with every word, she sent everyone in deep pain, Yonghoon was already on his knees clutching his chest tight not being able to breathe, she was crushing their lungs "STOP" I yelled and her focus is now on me, she couldn't understand why her spells were not working on me ... and to honest, I didn't know too but here I am walking my way through the flames to confront her

"It doesn't have to end like this"

"BACK OFF" she yelled pointing her palm at me and muttering yet more senseless words that had no effect on me "Her death wasn't your fault, think about what your sister would have wanted" I brought up the memories of Solar, her sister, the reason that Hwasa became who she is today and the reason behind what she did "DON'T YOU EVEN DARE TO MENTION HER"

"Do you think she would want you to do this?" ... "Is this is how you honor her memory?" I asked and I wasn't afraid of her anymore, I just wanted to ... touch her maybe I could heal her all I needed was a touch, a simple touch and I was getting closer, her back was to the wall, I cornered her and all her spells didn't work on me but they worked on the others and I had to do this quickly and I was there, I reached my hand to touch her cheek and it lit up, it lit up so bad, it covered the whole room, maybe the whole castle, the whole village.

She was ... She tasted like ... the darkness 

Pure Darkness 

Something inside of her was just too deep in the dark and I couldn't find her, I couldn't heal her.

She was too close but yet too far, and I couldn't reach her, the darkness that she was in was far bigger and far greater than I have ever imagined.

I don't know for how long we were standing there but apparently long enough to make the dark mist vanish, long enough to make the monsters go away and turn back the ones who were turned by monsters to be normal again, enough time to make the trees grow green and the plants to grow big once again ... I simply can't remember but when I woke up, all that I saw around me was the blue sky, fresh air, and 7 heads looking down at me from above. 

"She ... she's gone," Ravn said, I didn't know what I did exactly "Did I kill her?" I didn't want to kill her and I certainly didn't mean to "She just ... became one with your light" 

I didn't know what that meant 

Not until years later ...

I learned that healing is a blade of two ends 

If something can't be healed ... it's better to be destroyed 

I destroyed Hwasa that day, I healed 6 Kingdoms and we restored order again 

But something inside of me wishes that she didn't vanish, that we could ... I could fix her 

But somethings can never be fixed.

It's all over now, I can't believe it but it is. A few days later, Hwanwoong looks up at me and says "If you want to go back to your world I can set up a portal" 

"Oh you silly" I smiled "This IS my world"

This is where I belong, I saw them move on, go back to building their fallen Kingdoms, the 6 Kingdoms united again, memories of those who were lost and gone were engraved on every inch of every Kingdom, memorials were held every year, and I ... well, I joined Hwanwoong, after all, the 5th Kingdom is where I was originally from but I must say that I liked to go in and about to bother the others from time to time.

These dresses though ... I still don't like them.