5th Kingdom: Magic

Healer

   

 

Listening to Ravn, I finally understood where all this darkness was coming from. Everything went silent for a while, I didn't say anything as I watched Ravn moved to stand next to the windows, they were covered with thick curtains blocking the light

"He can't stand the light that much" he said tightly closing the fabric "Ever since he changed, he had a hard time adjusting" 

He didn't have to explain or say much, I can see it quite well. Keonhee was a Hero, a Leader, a Kalvarie and suddenly he tunred into a monster and refused his fate to be one. He killed his own people to protect them from themselves. What he went through, would have changed anyone from inside out even if he hadn't tunred into a half vampire half werewolf he probably would have ended up worse.

It has been a couple of hours, Ravn didn't move from his spot standing next to the window like a guard, his sword to his side and I was sitting on the hard wooden chair. Keonhee suddenly moved in his sleep and then his eyes fluttered open. He took few seconds before his eyes were wide open and he sat up violently, Ravn rushing to his side and I ... froze. Standing up from my seat, I just stood there watching the two

Ravn got closer "Hey" he called for his childhood friend "How are you feeling?" Trying to calm him down

Keonhee looked around blinking a few times, probably remembering what happened "Thirsty" he said with a ruspy voice making Ravn's expression drop "Sure" Ravn said moving his hand a bit away to the table close by and grabbing a glass. A glass that I didn't pay much attention to when I first arrived, it was just there on the table, at first look, it seemed empty but inside, there was some red liquid ... blood.

Of course I thought to myself.

Ravn brought the glass close to Keonhee, the younger eyeing the glass for sometime before shifting his eyes to Ravn 

"Not that" he said 

"Water please"

Something inside of us lit up, I could see Ravn scoff a "What?" he asked not believing the words coming out of Keonhee's mouth 

"W-water please" Keonhee said again now putting a hand around his throat "I'm thirsty"

I have never seen Ravn's face lit up the way it did when Keonhee asked for water instead of blood ... for a second, I didn't know what to think, did it work? did I undo the curse? was Keonhee normal again?

No

He wasn't

Ravn came back few seconds later with the water, behind him came the others, one by one piling up inside the room and I felt like I didn't belong ... I stood a bit far away by the door frame. His eyes were still red, his complexion still ... weird but he didn't want blood anymore. 

They were talking and I lost track of what they were asking him, so many questions, they were worried but suddenly eyes were on me. I looked around to see everyone staring at me ... Smiling though, I tried to look around me ... nope there was no one else around 

"W-what?" I asked already feeling my cheeks blushing 

"Why are you standing there you should come closer" Seoho said with that sweet voice of his and I blushed harder "Your charms don't work on me anymore" but I took few steps closer anyways, glacing up at Ravn and standing right between Xion and Leedo. 

"Thank you" Keonhee said "I didn't have much faith in you at first and I know I made you feel uncomfortable in so many ways but ... "

"I haven't done much though" I mumbled "You're still ... " 

I shouldn't have said that, what am I doing?

"True" he said "But now without the blood part ... I can think of it as a gift, now I can use it to fight, it doesn't have to be messy anymore" 

I looked down at my hands "My gifts and your gift might be very different from each other but we both need time to fully understand how they work" I said "I'll try again when I have them figured out" 

After some time, I decided to leave the six Valkyrie and head out to the courtyard, something about Xion saying "You should see what did you do to that field you two lit up earlier" had me going back to the same spot where my powers came alive and check the mess I made.

I reached there and I could see so many people crowding the place. At first, I thought maybe there was something going on there so I took careful steps and when they noticed me among them they started cheering loudly and opening the way for me to pass. I had no idea what was happening to be honest I felt a bit uncomfortable until I felt someone tagging behind me, I looked around and it was Hwanwoong. 

He reached his hand to me and without hesitation, I took it, the boy guided me through the crowd "They can't believe their eyes" he said "They haven't seen magic in so long" ... "Some has never seen it at all" 

"Are they here because of me?"

"No" ... "But because of what you did"

Walking to the small field where I met Keonhee earlier this morning I could see it ... all green. The plants the people have planted all flourishing, fresh fruits and vegtables already ripe and ready to be harvasted while the dead old tree I rested on earlier stood there as big as a mountain, leafs so green and big red apples hanging out its sides. The whole place was ... alive with grass and flowers growing up at the edges. 

I stood there speechless "I did this?"

The look on Hwanwoong's face ... he was so proud "You did this" he said still holding my hand looking at me straight in the eyes "I need to show you something else" he suddenly announced "Hold on tight to my arm" 

Teleported 

I just blinked and we were somewhere else 

I looked up, Hwanwoong's eyes still closed, he seemed to be having a hard time opening them, wincing at himself "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded immediately flattering his eyes open.

I looked around, we were inside of a ... Library ? 

I was confused, books and more books, shelves everywhere ... not much though, only few raws it seemed 

"I'm sorry" his words caught my attention immediately looking at his direction "I didn't approach you sooner, I honestly had nothing to say" at this point his tone and expressions were extremely sad and I realised ... he's still holding my hand. I kind of had an idea about what he was going to say, his Kingdom is where my parents came from and that makes me a member of the 5th Kingdom.

"I had nothing to offer you" he trailed "No information, no concelation, I don't even know who your parents were but I know that I'll be forever in their dept, we all are"

With my head down I tried to avoid his apologetic eyes, I could see his tears about to fall "They killed all of us ... everyone" ... "We had the magic in our blood and they just ... killed it" 

"Our castle, it was White because well ... it was magical. It was the highest, the view from the top was breathtaking, I still like to go up the roof but it's not the same, it never is" ... "Surrounded by pink trees"

"Cotton candy trees ?" I gasped remembering my love for the colour and the flash back memories I had in the back of my head ever since my hands lit up

He gave me the saddest smile ever  "Yes, Cotton candy trees" ... "There isn't a day that passes by that I don't mourn for the souls we have lost, our people, their faces, their gifts, our existence" ... "My gift is nothing compared to what others had, and I can't even do it right" 

His confession hit me hard ... Why can't he do it right?

"We are around 10 minutes away from the castle" he said looking around "This is a small chapel and here, we have kept everything we could save about magic and our ways of life" ... "You'll find some old books and new ones, some maybe hard to understand others are weird and some are even hand written" he tried to explain "It's all what has been left" ... "Maybe they will help you understand your powers, they helped me some time ago to get you here ... my Telportation is not that strong anymore you see"

I had to ask, maybe I could help? 

"Why?"

"Because I'm far away from the only place that gave me these powers in the first place ... away from home" ... "I hardly can keep myself steady while going from one place to another specially if that place is a bit far away it drains me out completly" 

"Is there's a way to fix it?" I ask again

"Maybe"

We looked around the old books hoping for an answer, meanwhile, beyond the spooky forest, the thick fog and the angry sea waves hitting the old walls of the fallen 1st Kingdom, Hwasa leaned away from the man in front of here ... breathless, she smirkes down at him while he's motionless, he lets her do whatever she wants good and bad, the price he's paying with his own body and soul ... will it ever be enough? Will it set them free?