1st Kingdom - Strategy

Healer

  

 

When I woke up, it must have been late in the afternoon. In the back of my head there was noises, flash backs from what I thought were memoreis of my parents hidden in the back if my head. Her laughter ... my mom and a quick sight of her long golden hair.

I flattered by eyes open, realising my surroundings, it was like I was hit with sleep paralysis, I couldn't move but I could see Xion sitting on a chair on my right side. I was in my room tightly covered under the thickest blanket ever existed. The younger boy was looking somewhere else, probably lost in his own thoughts, his fingers playing along the embroidery of his sleeves and his hair ... glowing almost illuminating as the sunlight hit his face ... so cute.

When he finally picked his head up and looked at me, he jumped off his seat realising that I was awake. He came closer to me "My Lady are you awake?"

and I nodded

"Are you hurt?"

... "No" 

I slowly sat on the bed and I can feel his eyes all over me "I'm fine Xion" I said trying to reassure the younger "What happened?" I asked him because I'm still trying to link all the events togethers. He smiled "You did it" he said with the most genouine voice "You found your magic, you used your powers" 

My eyes widened and my breaths hitched as I remembered the bright light illuminating from my hands, I stared down at my hands, I didn't know how I felt about it, cofused or relieved or ... What did I do exactly? I looked up at him "Keonhee?" I asked

His eyes fell to the ground "We are still waiting for him to wake up ... we don't know exactly if it worked or not or what kind of effect your powers had on him but ... he'll be okay I guess" 

Hearing that, I couldn't help myself to think of the worst "Did I hurt him?" 

"No, nothing of the sort my Lady, he's just ... sleeping" ... "Ravn is with him, he said that -"

But before he could say anything else I pushed myself up, I needed to make sure that Keonhee was okay, I can't let Ravn pay for what I have done, not again. I knew that Ravn had to save Keonhee before and I prayed that I won't make him go through the same thing again.

I felt like I was going crazy trying to find myself out of the room "My Lady?" Xion trailing behind me, trying to stop me or maybe slow me down but I didn't give him much attention at the time.

I just pushed through the doors to where I thought Keonhee's room was, not that I went there before, but the moment I opened the door, he was there laying motionless on the king sized bed.
The room looking almost like mine but darker. Being half Vampire and half Were Wolf, I don't think Keonhee liked the sunshine that much. The red velvet colour screaming like everywhere else inside the castle and Ravn was stitting on a wooden chair right by his side.

I stopped at the enterance, breathing in deeply, there was so many thoughts inside of my head ... What did I do to him? 

I took slow steps towards them, Ravn immediately giving up his chair and motioning to Xion to shut the door behind me and to leave us alone but my eyes were fixed on the one on the bed and as if I knew exactly what I was doing, I stood by his side scanning his face, Ravn didn't utter a word, he just stared at me causiously as I tried to touch Keonhee's face and again my hands ... they lit up

But this time, I wasn't afraid 

This time, I knew exactly what to do with them

I ran my fingers across Keonhee's forehead and closed my eyes

At first, it felt weird 

My hands were like an X-ray machine, scanning every inch of his body and telling me where or what exactly was wrong 

I opened my eyes 

"He'll be okay" I said, I sighed ... I laughed at my own words, so relieved and tunred to face Ravn "He'll be okay" I repeated. 

Ravn was looking at me fondly "I Know" he muttered "You did it"

After some time, Ravn offered me a seat, I was still shaken up looking down at my palms but Ravn he was wondering in his own thoughts, his eyes still fixed on Keonhee not saying a word. He knew already that the other will be okay but why so silent?

"Thank you" he finally said "I don't know what I could have done if something bad happened to him"

"I basiacally didn't do anything" I really wasn't sure of what I did or if it even worked

"Keonhee's Kingdom was the closest one to mine, we grew up together, he's the closest thing I ever had to a younger brother" ... "After what happened, seeing him turn into something we have never imagined to exist and suffer his thirst for blood was the hardest thing I had to live through" 

I got nothing to say, his words, the choke in his voice made my heart twist 

"But we need to be more careful now" He suddenly sounded alarmed "Since we brought you here, we limited our contact with the outside, we didn't go anywhere beyond the 7th Kingdom and that's probably why She sent those monsters to sniff around our boarders and see what we are up to" ... "Keonhee got hurt while fighting them"

I looked up at his direction "Who?"

"Hwasa" 

I have never heard this name before ... Hwasa?

"I don't think anyone has told you this yet, because her name is forbidden in this place" ... "The Queen of Dark Magic, the one who unleashed the darkness and killed our world"

It was a ... She?

"She was an apprantice in my Kingdom, she was young but with a talent way more older than her, she mastered every potion, every spell and she even created her own, she had passion for reading ancient books and revealing old secrets she was ... gifted"

"My father admired her gifts and soon enough she was leading her way through magic and helped us over thousands times until one day ... her sister, Solar, fell ill with a sickness that Hwasa couldn't identify in a short time and for a while Solar was believed to be dead"

"Shortly after her death, Hwasa claimed that she could revive her sister using old dark magic that was banned in all Kingdoms ... she begged my Father and the other Kings to get her hands on it but they all stood againt her will saying that death should never be played with ... dark magic should be put away forever"

"It was too late for Solar but Hwasa ... she turned against us, she felt like we took the only thing she had dear after her parents drawned in the sea few years back and she used her gifts to seek revenge"

"She built an army of weird looking creatures, dark spells she managed to get from the ancient witches whom we burnt and killed, turned people into vampires and were wolves and made them feed on each other, released diseases, posioned the water and fields and burt everything in between"

... Silence 

My hands clutching my dress

Why does the stories get scarier day by day?

"I'm sure she knows that something is up" ... "We were followed to your world by few of her creatures but we killed all of them there, she has no idea you're here but our silence is probably making her wonder what we are up to, we need to be careful from now on"

...

Tapping her fingers against the armchair, she looked around her ice cold Throne room.

Hair long and black as night, lips as red as blood

The looks in her eyes are deadly as death itself 

She sat there with her crown on top of her head, in the place she claimed as her own, the fallen 1st Kingdom, Ravn's Kingdom was now under her spell, her curse in every street, everything living and dead, the air so dim, misty and poisonous, the fog surrounding the castle so thick, the ocean water hitting the old castle walls on one side while the other side, showed a dead forest, burnt houses, shady hallows and monsters hiding in the dark.

"Bring him to me" she muttered, he voice so deep, so low, she didn't have to raise her voice to be heard, she was the only one talking

And in few moments the doors opened.