That memory

She’s back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was about time that Taehyung left for work in the morning but Jisoo was still sleeping soundly.

 

He looked at her and realized it was the first time he ever went to work leaving her behind.

Jisoo had always been a hardworking person. 

She was the first one to arrive at the company and last one to leave.

 

Before she got into that accident,  by the time he got up every morning, she would have already showered. She hated wasting time.

If she could do something at that moment, she wouldn’t even hesitate or think twice, she would do it right away.

It was good. Taehyung loved that about her but because of her stiff character, they weren’t able to be very close to each other.

 

Jisoo opened her eyes slightly and saw him standing before her.

 

She got up abruptly.

 

“You should have woken me up” said Jisoo. “I wanted to cook you something.. you have a long day ahead..”

 

Jisoo had never once cooked him a meal. He didn’t even know if she knew how to cook or she just didn’t have time.

 

Taehyung caressed her face.

 

“Next time” he said. “Go back to sleep now.. you still have to get better..”

 

Jisoo smiled as she waved her hands to him.

 

“Make sure to eat at work..” said Jisoo. “It might rain today so make sure not to get wet, okay?”

 

Taehyung unconsciously smiled at her.

He was moved again. He felt like he really did get married.

Jisoo was never sweet with her words before. 

 

When Taehyung arrived at the company, he was greeted by his secretary.

 

“You came early today Sir..” Irene said. “I have just started organizing the files you requested and I..”

 

“Just put them on my table when you have finished organizing them..” said Taehyung coldly. “I don’t need to know the process.. just finish it as fast as you can..”

 

He walked past her and opened the door to his office.

 

He looked at the picture on his table. It was his wedding picture.

He was always wondering why that picture came out like that.

The two of them weren’t smiling like thay had planned it.

He thought it probably depicted what his marriage life was going to be.

They rarely had a sweet moment in the six months of them living together. Even if they worked in the same building, Jisoo hardly went out of her office.

And he was very competitive too. He didn’t want to disappoint Jisoo so he worked as hard as he could.

 

He started working as the vice president of the company three years ago before he got married to her.

He sincerely looked up at her as a role model. He admired her success and accomplishments.

 

Taehyung was busy finishing the paperwork piled up on his table because of his leave the day before.

Everyone went to have lunch apart from him.

 

He rubbed his eyes as he yawned. Then he received a call from Jisoo.

His heart almost dropped.

The last time he received a call from her number was six months ago.

It was a call from the police who had informed him about the accident.

 

“Hello?” he said softly. “Is there something?”

 

“Uhmm.. I called just because..” she sounded uncertain and hesitant. “I just wanted to know if you have eaten already..”

 

His lips curled up.

 

“I haven’t eaten yet..” said Taehyung. “But I will eat soon don’t worry.. what about you? Did you have lunch already?”

 

“I ate already.. but I’m about to get hungry again..” said Jisoo in a bright voice. “I think sleeping for six months turned me into a glutton..”

 

Taehyung found her remark cute. It was refreshing to see that side of her.

Jisoo had a strict diet before. She only ate one meal a day and was really conscious of her figure.

Hearing her say she was always hungry was completely new to him.

 

“Do you want me to buy you something?” asked Taehyung. “There’s a french bakery, a sushi restaurant and a pizza corner around here..”

 

“Then buy me some french macaroons” she said without hesitation. “I think I’m craving sweets..”

 

Taehyung couldn’t believe his ears. Jisoo had just asked for something sweet. She used to hate eating anything that would make her fat. 

 

“Alright.. I’ll buy them before going home” he replied. “Anything else you want?”

 

“Nothing else.. just come home early..” said Jisoo. “I feel bored..”

 

Taehyung smiled again. He thought it was how it felt to have someone waiting for you at home.

They mostly stayed at work and never had the chance to wait for each other before.

 

“I’ll hang up now..” said Jisoo. “If I continue talking, you might not be able to work..”

 

Taehyung felt bad after they hung up.

He liked it. It was the first time they ever got to talk on the phone over something trivial. 

They only called each other in the past for work.. or some favors..

 

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo was just looking around the house making all the maids anxious.

She looked like she was checking if anything was dirty.

Then she called Lisa.

 

“Why?..” asked Lisa without meeting her eyes. “Are you going to fire me? I will clean that part right away..”

 

Jisoo looked confused.

 

“I didn’t mean that..” said Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter