The happiest moment

She’s back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“He has already lost so much blood when they brought Taehyung here..” said the doctor. “We need to transfuse him blood as soon as we can..”

 

It was the same doctor who had treated Jisoo five years ago.

He felt sorry to see them only when something bad happened.

 

Jisoo was already feeling dizzy.

Lisa grabbed her arms tight.

 

“Unnie, take a seat” said Lisa. “Calm down first..”

 

Lisa left Mino and Leo at the birthday party. She couldn’t leave Jisoo alone like that.

 

“He’ll be fine unnie..” said Lisa trying to console Jisoo. “I’m sure he’ll be okay once the blood transfusion is made”

 

Jisoo held the doctor’s hand.

 

“Please save him..” said Jisoo shedding a tear. “He has to live.. please let him live..”

 

“We are trying our best but..” the doctor hesitated. “His liver was severely damaged as well.. the knife penetrated quite deeper than what we had thought at first..”

 

Jisoo’s legs gave out. She was feeling too weak. 

 

Lisa helped her sit down and fanned her. 

 

“We will do our best..” said the doctor. “But please be prepared for the worst scenario..”

 

Jisoo’s tears fell streaming down on her face. 

She had never imagined it would happen to Taehyung.

 

“I need to go now..” the doctor bid farewell. “I’ll leave you here..”

 

Lisa hugged her tight. She couldn’t even imagine how Jisoo was feeling that time. 

She couldn’t understand why it had to be her who was always suffering.

 

Jisoo lost everyone in her life. Her parents were already dead, she witnessed her sister die, she lost her baby and now.. if something happened to Taehyung, she’d really lose her mind.

 

“Unnie.. you need to be strong” said Lisa still hugging her tight. “Taehyung will be sad to see you crying like this.. he hates it when you cry, you told me, right? So calm yourself unnie.. “

 

A few minutes later, the police arrived at the hospital to talk to Jisoo.

 

“May we talk to you?” asked one of them. “We have a few questions regarding the incident..”

 

Lisa stood up.

 

“Jisoo unnie isn’t feeling very well..” she explained. “Can you just ask me? Maybe I can help..”

 

“I’m sorry but we think this matter involves her” he replied. “We haven’t identified the suspect yet and she might be in danger too..”

 

Jisoo looked at them confusedly. She didn’t know anyone who could have that big of grudge against her and Taehyung.

 

She stood up and patted Lisa’s back.

 

“I’ll go with them..” said Jisoo. “Please stay here and call me if anything happens.. don’t leave Taehyung alone.. I beg you”

 

Jisoo went with them to the police station.

Her mind was in a chaos. She couldn’t stop thinking about Taehyung’s condition.

 

“What is it that you have to ask me?” she asked hurriedly. “Every minute is precious now.. I want to see him as fast as I could..”

 

She shed yet another tear trying to calm herself down.

 

“We don’t know who the suspect is yet but we have asked a few witnesses outside the pastry shop” said the policeman. “They all said they saw a man with a dragon tattoo on his left hand lurking around there”

 

“What tattoo?” asked Jisoo who couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

 

The dragon tattoo on the left hand was the symbol of the loansharks from whom her father borrowed money years ago.

 

Those were the same guys who killed her father, the same people who chased her but ended up killing her twin sister.

 

“But they were sent to prison, weren’t they?” asked Jisoo. “I heard all of them got captured after killing my family.. then how is it possible..”

 

The policeman handed her a picture of her sister’s uncle going inside the building owned by those men.

 

“This was taken about five years ago..” said the police. “We didn’t find anything else from him before but maybe it is connected with this case.. we heard he was forcefully removed from his position as the CEO by you and Taehyung-ssi..

 

Jisoo started connecting the dots.

 

“Do you think he might be behind this?” asked the police. “We aren’t sure of anything for now.. we need to investigate further so for the meantime, you must be very careful..”

 

Jungkook arrived at the police station too.

 

“Jisoo-ssi.. I’ll take care of the papers here..” he said. “You can wait inside the car and I’ll bring you home later so you can rest”

 

As soon as Jungkook finished the paperwork, he went out right away to check on Jisoo.

He found her sitting on the ground in front of the car while just staring blankly into space.

 

He pulled her up and opened the door of the car to let her in.

 

“You should have waited inside the car” he said. “Sir Taehyung told me to care of you.. he will get angry at me if he knows I let you sit on the cold ground”

 

Jisoo covered her face with her hands.

She was blaming herself for what happened to Taehyung.

 

It was her fault once again. It was because of her that those loansharks followed Taehyung.

 

“Where shall I take you?” asked Jungkook looking at her. “Your house or his apartment?”

 

Jisoo sighed. 

 

“Will you take me to my house and wait for me?” she asked in despair. “I want to go back to the hospital as soon as possible.. I want to see him.. I need to see him”

 

“I’ll wait for you” Jungkook replied. “Then we’ll go to the hospital.. I’m sure he’s waiting for you there.. he must want to see you the moment he opens his eyes..”

 

Jisoo smiled at his consolation. She knew he wanted to cheer her up. Everyone was trying to do so but she couldn’t help but get worried for every minute that passed by.

 

When she went back to the hospital, Lisa was already gone and she found Mino waiting instead.

 

“I had to send Lisa home because Leo was crying for her” said Mino. “Don’t worry.. I never left Taehyung alone.. I stayed here when Lisa went home”

 

Jisoo shook her head. She felt sorry to him and Lisa for ruining their son’s birthday party.

 

“I’m sorry.. “ she said. “Leo must have been disappointed.. he wanted a big cake for his birthday but he didn’t get one”

 

Mino patted her back lightly.

 

“I am not hugging you because Taehyung told me not to” said Mino. “He warned me not to even get close to you.. he said he’d be jealous even if I was a married man”

 

Jisoo started crying again. Her emotions were overflowing.

 

“What did he tell people around me?” she smiled while tears fell from her eyes. “He’s always jealous and overprotective of me.. he doesn’t want any man to stay near me.. but he tells everyone to take care of me.”

 

Mino gave her a handkerchief but Jisoo leaned on his shoulders to cry.

 

“Lend me your shoulders for a minute” she whispered. “I don’t think I can handle anything bad that can happen to him.. maybe God let me have that car accident five years ago so I wouldn’t feel the pain  of losing someone.. he must have known I’d feel this hurt if something happened to the person I love..”

 

Mino let her cry on his shoulders. It was the only thing he could do for her at that moment.

As a friend, it was the only way he could help her.. lending her his shoulders for her to cry on..

 

One hour then another one passed before the doctor came out of the operating room.

 

Jisoo didn’t close an eye the whole time.

She stood up the moment she saw the doctor coming to her.

 

“How is he?” asked Jisoo worriedly. “I beg you.. please tell me he’s okay..”

 

The doctor removed his mask.

 

“The operation was done well..” he said without changing his serious facial expression. “But it is up to Taehyung now.. he needs to wake up for us to call it a success..”

 

Jisoo didn’t feel happy nor sad. She knew the doctor did what he had to but she needed him to tell her Taehyung was fine.

 

Then the doctor took something from his pocket and gave it to her.

 

“I found this in the jacket he was wearing” he said. “He must have wanted to keep it from you.. he had it inside his secret pocket”

 

It was a ring box. 

 

Taehyung had been wanting to propose to her for a while. 

 

She started crying again as she held that small box in her hands.

 

She sat down and breathed in. Mino  didn’t know how to comfort her.

He knew that whatever he did or said wouldn’t help at all.

 

The pain she was feeling that moment couldn’t be compared to anything else.

 

“Tomorrow.. will you bring me somewhere?” asked Jisoo to Mino.

“I want to see my sister’s uncle.. if he is related to what happened to Taehyung.. I don’t care if I end up in prison.. I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter