The Past

She’s back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

That day came in which Jisoo had to face her twin sister’s uncle. 

It was the D-day. She had to turn the tables around.

 

With the real will in her hands, there was no escape.

 

The stockholders were all shocked to see the will presented by the lawyer.

 

Jisoo didn’t even have to say anything.

 

It was over for her sister’s uncle.

 

Suho was also in the room. He was looking at her with regretful eyes.

 

As soon as the general meeting was over, he approached her.

 

He was trying to hold her hand but Jisoo pushed him away immediately. She wouldn’t fall for his tricks anymore.

 

“There is something I must tell you Jisoo..” said Suho. “Will you talk to me?”

 

Jisoo shook her head. 

 

“I have no time to spare for you” she replied. “I will never talk to you again..”

 

She walked past him but Suho stopped her.

 

“I’m sorry..” he said. “I didn’t mean to fool you..”

 

Jisoo pushed his hands away from her and just continued walking out of that room.

 

She was soft hearted. She didn’t want to give him another chance because she knew he’d just try to manipulate her again.

 

As soon as she stepped out of there, her sister’s uncle was waiting for her.

He wasn’t even a real uncle but he was just the nephew of her sister’s adoptive grandfather.

 

“We met.. finally.. I met you.. Mr. Seo” said Jisoo trying to distance herself from him.

 

He felt strange to her. She was angered by his greed of money. She couldn’t hide her disappointment in him. 

 

Mr. Seo shook his head repeatedly as he approached her closer.

 

“It’s been a while..” he said. “I haven’t seen you in a very long time.. that’s what you should have said..”

 

Jisoo stepped back. She was sure not to have seen him before in her whole life.

 

“I used to carry you around in my arms when you were little” he continued. “My lovely niece..”

 

“What do you mean?” asked Jisoo. “Have you met me before?”

 

Mr. Seo smiled at her. 

 

“I can’t believe I’m meeting you like this..” he said. “You were always following me before.. and after a long time, you even followed me here to remove me as the CEO..”

 

The pieces of puzzle inside Jisoo’s head were being completed.

What he said just confirmed the theory she had in her mind.

 

She and her twin were exchanged at some point in their childhood.

 

She wanted to ask him many things but then Taehyung grabbed her arm pulling her away from him.

 

“Let’s go now” said Taehyung. “You said Lisa and Leo were waiting for you at their house”

 

Jisoo followed him outside. 

And when she got inside his car, Taehyung gave him a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Congratulations..” he said to her. “It’s over now..”

 

He kissed her lips quick as he buckled up her seatbelt for her.

 

Jisoo smiled at what he did. She loved every little surprise he did for her.

 

But her smile faded briefly. It wasn’t over yet. Instead, it just started.

 

She still hadn’t figured everything out. There were still a lot of things unclear to her.

 

“Are you thinking about what he said to you before?” asked Taehyung. “You look really bothered..”

 

Jisoo nodded.

She was indeed bothered.

 

“I think I’m missing something important now..” she said. “I know for sure that I was the first one to be adopted.. but I..”

 

Taehyung squeezed her hands.

 

“Then you were supposed to meet me from the start and I would have fallen for you earlier..” he said smiling. “I only want to think of the positive side now.. we have lost a lot of time blaming the past for something we never wanted.. I want us to think of our present..”

 

Jisoo couldn’t agree more. It was true. She had been busy digging about her past that she forgot to live her present.

 

They lost five years and got separated from each other because of something they had no control of.

It was no one’s fault.

 

“Alright.. let’s focus on ourselves” she said as she reached her hand to touch his face. “I’m really grateful to have you.. I really am..”

 

“No.. I am more grateful because of you..” said Taehyung smiling back at her. “Shall we go now? Leo must be jealous of me.. you didn’t see him for a week..”

 

 

Leo ran to Jisoo for a hug. He had been asking to see her since that morning.

 

Lisa shook her head in disbelief.

 

“I’m pretty sure I gave birth to him unnie..” she said. “But he only asks of you.. did you give him something behind my back?”

 

Jisoo laughed at her silly joke.

 

“It’s because I always play with him that he keeps asking for me” said Jisoo Leo’s hair. “His birthday is coming up, right?”

 

“I haven’t decided yet what to do for his birthday unnie..” Lisa replied. “He wants to invite his friends at school but I can’t invite them here at our house..”

 

Leo was giving looks at Taehyung. He still hadn’t gotten over that his pretty aunt was always with him.

 

“Look at him glaring at you..” Jisoo said to Taehyung. “He’s keeping an eye on you.. and you don’t want to lose to him.. the two of you are really funny..”

 

Leo hugged Jisoo and looked at Taehyung’s reaction.

 

“I did more than that..” Taehyung teasingly responded. 

 

Jisoo hit his arms and made Leo sit on her lap.

 

“What do you want to do at your birthday, Leo?” asked Jisoo. “What shall we do with your friends?”

 

Leo took some time into responding.

 

“I want to swim with my friends” he replied. “Swimming and eating barbecue..”

 

“Then I should start looking for a place with a pool..” said Lisa quickly searching on her phone. “Do you have any suggestions, unnie?”

 

Jisoo was thinking hard which place could be cheap but good at the same time.

 

“Why don’t we celebrate his birthday at our house?” said Taehyung carefully while looking at Jisoo. “I mean.. our old house.. there’s a swimming pool and big garden where we could have some barbecue..”

 

That place held a lot of memories to Jisoo. It was where her happy and painful memories were buried.

 

Lisa and Taehyung were waiting eagerly for her response. 

 

“I think that’s the best choice” she replied. “We don’t need to pay for the place and.. I have always wanted to go back there..”

 

Taehyung’s lips curled into a big smile upon hearing her reply. 

Jisoo remembered what he had said before to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter