Flipping pages

She’s back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Can’t I just sleep here?” asked Taehyung. “I don’t want to sleep alone tonight..”

 

Jisoo shook her head as she unlocked the door to her house.

 

“You have to go home..” said Jisoo. “You should focus on the company first.. and also, Lisa sometimes comes here with Leo and Mino unexpectedly and I don’t want them to misunderstand..”

 

Taehyung looked jealous pouting his lips.

 

“You always talk about Lisa, Mino and Leo..” he whispered to himself. “Can’t you talk about me? About us?”

 

Jisoo was startled at his sudden jealousy.

 

“Why would you get sulky about this?” asked Jisoo. “I’m talking about my friends and a kid.. why are you acting like this?”

 

“I’m not sulky..” he replied. “Why would I be? It’s just we just made up..I was just..”

 

Jisoo gave him an angry look.

 

“I’m sorry..” said Taehyung in a low voice. “I don’t want to argue with you.. It’s my fault..”

 

“Do you easily become jealous?” she asked. “I guess we barely know each other just like what they say..”

 

She sounded sad. She realized they had never dated before and they skipped the process of getting to know each other and just jumped into living as a married couple.

 

“I’m only jealous when it comes to you..” said Taehyung. “When you kissed Suho last time.. I thought I’d go crazy.. but I couldn’t tell you anything back then..”

 

Jisoo was flustered. She had forgotten about that kiss. She didn’t even consider it a kiss.

 

“I didn’t kiss him.. I mean he was the one who kissed me” said Jisoo vehemently flapping her hands. “Our lips touched but I kept my mouth closed.. how can I explain it?”

 

She rose to her tiptoes and kissed his lips.

Taehyung immediately became red and bit his lower lip while avoiding her eyes.

 

“It was just like this..” said Jisoo. “It wasn’t a proper kiss so don’t even get jealous about it”

 

“Then how do you do a proper kiss?” asked Taehyung looking at her while wetting his lips. 

 

He gently kissed her lips at first then slowly opened with his tongue until it touched hers.

Jisoo’s legs almost gave out. She was so startled that she had to grab his arms.

Then he pulled out and looked at her.

 

“Like this?” he teasingly asked Jisoo who became bashful after that kiss. “Is that how you do it?”

 

Jisoo punched his chest lightly making him groan.

 

“You always do what you want to do without telling me..” she said. “Go home now.. it’s already late..”

 

Taehyung held her hands and kissed them.

 

“It’s late now... that’s why I should just spend the night here with you..” he said. “I’m too scared to drive home..”

 

Jisoo pushed his hands and stepped inside her house finally.

 

“It’s not appropriate for a man to spend a night at a woman’s place..” said Jisoo pushing him outside. “Just go home now and rest..”

 

“What do you mean it’s not appropriate when we’re at the right age to be sleeping with each other?” said Taehyung in a loud voice. “I want to sleep here.. I want to stay with you.. I want to see you as soon as I open my eyes tomorrow morning..”

 

Jisoo covered his mouth and brought him inside. 

Taehyung had a huge smile on his face although he was trying hard to hide it.

 

“Keep it down.. everyone is sleeping now..” said Jisoo. “Alright.. I’ll let you sleep here but you must sleep on the couch and..”

 

“I will” said Taehyung right away. “Please give me a blanket”

 

He rushed to lie down on the couch.

Jisoo smiled as she watched him behave like a little kid.

 

As soon as she handed him the blanket, Taehyung pulled her hand making her fall on top of him.

 

“I’ll let you go in five minutes” he whispered to her ears. “I need to stay sane while I think of what to do next..”

 

Jisoo lifted herself in one arm and looked at him who was so close to crying.

 

“I want to help you but I can’t do anything..” said Jisoo. “I feel so useless..”

 

Taehyung put his arms around her and pulled her close to him. Their bodies were touching and there was literally no space between them. 

Jisoo could feel his heart beating. And she was certain he could feel hers too.

 

“Stop saying you feel useless..” said Taehyung. “You’re the only one I need so I can go on.. you just need to stay beside me and support me.. then I can handle anything..”

 

Jisoo felt his warmth. That sensation she had been longing for was just brought upon her again by his hug.

She regretted staying far from him for a long time. 

She thought they could have just gone through everything together without separating from each other.

 

Then she closed her eyes slowly. Her head on his chest and his hands on her back.

And they fell asleep.

 

The next morning, Taehyung felt someone poking his face. He thought it was Jisoo who was playing around with him.

He was smiling before even opening his eyes. 

 

“What are you doing?” he asked with his eyes still shut closed. “I want to sleep more..” 

 

But the poking continued.

He opened his eyes and saw Leo glaring at him while poking his cheeks.

He tapped Jisoo’s arm. She was still sleeping soundly.

 

“Jisoo.. get up..” he kept on tapping her arms. “Get up now..”

 

As soon as Jisoo opened her eyes, Leo pulled her arm from Taehyung.

Then Lisa came out from the bathroom.

 

“You are both awake now..” she said. “I have prepared something to eat.. come here..”

 

Taehyung felt embarrassed and hid his face behind the pillow.

Jisoo pulled him to the table together with Leo who hadn’t taken his eyes off of Taehyung.

 

“Aunt.. do you like this uncle?” asked Leo while holding Jisoo’s hand. “Who do you like better? This uncle or Leo?”

 

Jisoo smiled brightly at him.

 

“Of course it’s you..” she said without hesitation. “Leo is my number one..”

 

Taehyung drank the whole glass of water and just frowned.

 

“Since I have already caught the two of you.. tell me the truth now” said Lisa. “Are you back together? How long has it been already? How far have you gone? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

Jisoo was scratching her head while Taehyung was having a staring competition with Leo.

 

“It’s nothing like that” said Jisoo. “We.. we aren’t back together..”

 

Taehyung looked surprised and stood up from his seat.

 

“What do you mean we aren’t back together?” he asked loudly. “We kissed yesterday in the car then in front of your house and we even slept..”

 

Jisoo hit his arms and covered his mouth hurriedly.

 

“What are you saying in front of a kid?” she said gritting her teeth. “Can’t you think of me too?”

 

Lisa chuckled.

 

“Leo and I are going now..” said Lisa. “I only came here to bring some of your clothes I borrowed unnie.. you can enjoy your time now”

 

As soon as Lisa and Leo went out, Taehyung pulled Jisoo’s chair in front of him startling her.

 

“I need to get this clear..” he had a serious expression on his face. “What are we? Last night I told you I love you but you.. you haven’t given me an answer yet”

 

Jisoo looked at his face closely.

 

“You haven’t changed at all..” said Jisoo while his hair. “You didn’t age at all.. you look even better now..”

 

“Are you going to keep avoiding my questions?” asked Taehyung. “Are you not ready yet?”

 

Jisoo flicked his forehead and smiled.

 

“That hurts..” he groaned. “You aren’t even taking me seriously..”

 

“Are you stupid?” asked Jisoo. “Did you ask me anything? Have you asked me out yet?”

 

Taehyung’s lips curled up.

 

“Then will you date me?” he asked her. “Please? Will you go out with me?”

 

Jisoo stood up and pushed his forehead with her index finger.

 

“It depends on how you behave” she said. “You should get going now.. I have a lot of orders to make today..”

 

Taehyung had never felt like the ever since she left him.

 

He liked the feeling of having butterflies in his stomach whenever he looked at her.

 

He loved how she smiled at him, he even adored her teasing him.

 

He wasn’t afraid anymore. He was genuinely happy. 

 

Five years ago, he was scared that Jisoo might regain her memories. He feare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter