Like day one

She’s back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo kept having nightmares ever since that memory popped up.

She couldn’t help but ask herself what really happened to her.

 

“You didn’t come home that night..” said Mino. “You would usually call me to pick you up if it was late but that night, you didn’t call at all.. then we were informed you got into that accident because you went over the speed limit..”

 

Jisoo was perplexed.

 

“Was I driving my own car?” asked Jisoo. “Where was I coming from?”

 

“You were driving your own car but what I couldn’t understand was why you were coming from the opposite part of the city..” Mino’s brows furrowed. “I found it strange but no one else would know about it except for you..”

 

Jisoo’s head hurt the more she tried to recall what happened.

She didn’t even know where to start.. she knew nothing about who she was with that night.. 

Why was she driving at that speed in that late night?

Why would she take another route to come home?

She felt her head exploding..

 

“Don’t think hard..” said Mino as he patted her shoulders. “What’s more important is you’re safe now and you are here with us..”

 

“But I...” Jisoo couldn’t even finish speaking.

 

Taehyung grabbed her hand and pulled her to his side.

 

“We will take my car today..” said Taehyung. “You can just stay here Mino..”

 

Taehyung wanted Jisoo to be familiar with the company so he brought her there.

 

“It’s been a long time Mrs. Kim” Irene greeted them. “I’m glad to see you back..”

 

“You are...” she was asking her but Taehyung held her hand and went inside his office.

 

“I wanted to talk with everyone.. it might help me bring back my memories” said Jisoo. “She’s your secretary.. isn’t she? Was I close to her?”

 

Taehyung made her sit next to him.

 

“If there’s anything you want to ask, you can just ask me..” he said looking straight into her eyes. “You can talk to me and stick with me always..”

 

Jisoo’s heart fluttered. She thought she must have loved him a lot. Her heart was racing crazily when he looked at her eyes.

 

“Even if my mind doesn’t remember you.. my heart.. it keeps beating like crazy” said Jisoo. “When you look at me like that.. my heart races..”

 

Taehyung patted her head gently without looking away from her eyes.

 

“I suddenly feel like we are back to day 1..” he said. “It feels like we have just started dating.. you know what I’m saying, right?”

 

Jisoo smiled as she nodded at what he said.

She felt exactly the same.

The two of them were like at the first stage of dating. 

They were like two teenagers in love and in the process of getting to know each other carefully..

 

 

 

While Taehyung was working, Jisoo was just looking around his office.

She was walking back and forth trying hard to remember something even if it was a small thing..

 

She looked at every corner of the room, every angle and every cranny.

 

“If you keep doing that, I don’t think I can work” said Taehyung. “Why don’t you sit still while you wait for me to finish?”

 

Jisoo was embarrassed. She sat in front of him and just looked at him while he was focused on working.

She was so immersed in her own thoughts that she didn’t even realize she had been staring at him for long.

 

“I will melt if you keep staring at me” said Taehyung. “Why don’t you read some of our latest magazines? They are just behind you..”

 

She understood everything on those magazines perfectly. There was no strange feeling at all.

She felt like she had been focused on her work too much in the past.

 

She expected to recall something but still, there was nothing.

She felt disappointed.

 

A few minutes later, she fell asleep on the couch.

Taehyung saw her dozing off.

 

“I wonder what happened to my old wife..” he said to himself as he put a blanket on Jisoo. “You are pretty clumsy these days and I’m not used to it.. but I have to admit I’m liking this side of you..”

 

Jisoo had always seemed graceful and refined to everyone’s eyes. She rarely made mistakes in the past.

But being flawless became her flaw. She was too perfect for everyone, even to her husband.

 

Seeing Jisoo behave clumsily was attracting Taehyung to her.

He suddenly felt like he had to take care of her more.

He had this feeling like he needed to dote on her.

Just like a true husband.

 

 

—————————————————-

 

A few days later, Jisoo went to visit the doctor for her monthly check-up.

 

“How do you feel these days?” asked the doctor. “Were you able to remember anything recently?”

 

“There was only one thing I was able to remember..” said Jisoo. “I don’t know where that was but it was at night.. I saw myself holding a knife.. and I know I was talking with someone but I couldn’t see anyone else”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter