Day 26

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 27. 2014

A light pat to my cheek woke me from my slumber. Opening my eyes lazily, I couldn't discern the source of the tap. After a few seconds of focusing, I made contact with Umji. Realizing who rudely woke me from my slumber, I glared at the girl only a few years younger than me. 

"Good, you're awake!" Rolling my eyes, I sat up slowly to examine the rest of the room. My eyes focused back on Umji when I determined there was no one else there, a small smile rising on my face towards the pleasant visit from one of my closest friends. She returned the smile before clearing .

"Everyone else is here too, well except for Yerin eonnie." Raising an eyebrow, I recalled the only other time where 'everyone else was around, but Yerin' and she schemed a whole scenario that ended with the two of us together. It made me quite skeptical of the situation currently happening. 

"Trust me when I say eonnie isn't planning anything this time." My eyes shot up at Umji, she was pretty perceptive, but I never took her to be someone who could read minds. She laughed as I did.

"It's written on your face, the suspicion. Really, Yuju-yah is getting some snacks from the hospital store, and Eunha eonnie is in the restroom."

"What about Sowon eonnie?" I asked, careful to keep my voice quiet to avoid overuse. Umji immediately made a face of disgust, making me chuckle.

"Eunha eonnie didn't want to go to the restroom alone, so she dragged Sowon eonnie with her." Snickering, I fell back onto the bed. Of course she'd drag Sowon eonnie along. Looking over to the side, I reached for the pad and paper that Yerin had left for me, quickly scribbling.

'Enough about them, when is your wedding?' Umji gasped after reading my message, confusing me ever so slightly.  

"About that..." The cadence in Umji's voice was beginning to bother me, did one of them back down? Before Umji could speak again, Yuju burst in carrying an endless supply of snacks. 

"Hey, babe!" Yuju singsonged, traipsing over to Umji to kiss her cheek while still balancing the bags in her arms. Setting the bags carefully down on the table, she wrapped her arms around her fiance's waist, I, on the other hand, scoffed and turned my head at the sentiment.

"Hey, Yuju-yah, when was our wedding again?" Curiosity won over my wanting to avoid the couple's affection, turning to face them, they were so focused on each other they probably felt like they were the only two people in the room.

"About that..." Yuju tapped her chin as she repeated the words that Umji had said previously. As soon as I would call them out on their weird behaviour, Eunha and Sowon walked in together.

"Did you really need me to come with you?" Sowon whined.

"Of course I did~ Our plan wouldn't work otherwise." Eunha's words had me shooting in her direction.

"What plan?" I spoke loudly and abruptly, as soon as I did, four eyes were on me, and I suddenly felt embarrassed from the attention. 

"Eunha-yah convinced me finally to allow her into my home." Sowon blurted out while Eunha whined.

"Don't make it sound like you hate my company!" Sowon immediately patted the shorter girl's head, in which she only pouted. 

"There is no company that I enjoy more than my galaxy's" Sowon cooed, resulting in a long-lasting cringe from me.

"Where is Yerin-ah?" I breathed out as I turned my head to look out the window. An abrupt shake to my shoulders made me turn my head back to them.

"Yuju!? What the hell!?" Being shocked, I yelled, coughing hard as the girls huddled around me. Eunha handed me a glass of water that I graciously accepted. 

"Sorry, SinB-ah. I needed to get your attention because someone is here to see you." 

"You could have called me or something." Speaking softly, I furrowed my brows. "Who came to visit?" As soon as I asked, a man let himself in, I scowled the moment he did. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter