Day 14

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 15, 2014

The car ride to Lotte World was agonizingly long. I was wedged between SinB and her father since they still weren't talking to each other. It took a lot of persuading to even get him to come, so I guess it shouldn't have bothered me. Eunha insisted that Sowon take us, so SinB couldn't wriggle her way out of going. The air was tense– SinB and her father were looking out opposite windows while I sat straight, staring out the front window. To avoid the silence, I tried initiating conversation with Sowon, but she would just shut me down before we'd even start. 

After what felt like a century of a car ride, we finally made it to the park. SinB exited first as I followed with increasing velocity. Sowon came out after that, but SinBs father wasn't exiting the vehicle. After a few minutes, he got out, looking deadpanned. SinB stood a few feet away from all of us as we traversed to the entrance. 

"This won't do." Sowon pushed SinB to her father and me, as Sowon made a quick getaway. We walked without saying a word to each other. Ah, the awkward silence persists.

"So..." I initiated to eliminate–or try at least–the silence. "Let's go on a roller coaster?"

"No." The two said in unison.

"Than a log ride?" They both just ended up glaring at me. I sighed. Is this really going to work? I turned to face SinB.

"SinB-ah, would you please stop sulking?"

"I'm not sulking." She combated.

"Today is supposed to be our special day, isn't it?" She stared at me with a bone-chilling gaze, then directed it at her father.

"Hard to believe with him here." she scoffed, I closed the distance between us to give her a decently hard pat on her back, making her stumble forward. 

"He is your father, SinB-ah. Besides, I thought it would be fun so I could get to know him more!"

"Listen, girl, my daughter doesn't want to be here, and neither do I. I think it's best we leave." Following his eyes, I turned to SinB for support, but she wasn't saying anything. An exacerbated sigh left my lips. 

"Okay, maybe we should just go then." They were right–those girls–but I didn't want my anniversary of all days to be spoiled, not like this. I felt as a hand took mine, looking up to find the owner was SinB. 

"Seeing you so upset–it breaks my heart. Stop breaking my heart, eonnie. It isn't fair how you just come in, make my empty life have meaning, and then let an obstacle as silly as this stop you. And I had you believe I stopped breathing. Come on, you're stronger than this. We're stronger than this" Her earlier demeanor washed away by her chuckling. Searching her eyes, I couldn't tell what her change in heart was all of a sudden. I also couldn't decide whether to kiss her–or slap her.

"You're one to talk, you keep changing your mind and I can't keep up with you. You really live up to that stage name of yours," I jested. "that's what I love about you." The last phrase coming out not above a whisper.

"I guess you just can't resist this mysterious siren's call." She flipped her hair off of her shoulder, leaving me chuckling. SinB was being a dork, and I absolutely loved her when she was, my eyes couldn't stay off her. That was, of course, until my brain caught up with the rest of my body, reminding me of our third party. I turned towards him and smiled shyly. 

"SinB-ah...your father..." She turned towards me then towards her father, as if she'd completely forgotten his presence. 

"Oh, right!" 

"Yerin eonnie is the love of my life." She gagged as I stared at her in disbelief. "this mushy stuff is killing my vibe." Then she turned to me, taking my hands in hers with that lovely half-smile donned on her face, "but I digress. Jung Yerin, you mean enough to me, to confess this to you, in front of my father, who is less than approving." At that moment, she got down on one knee. I couldn't believe it, this was beyond cliche, but also so seemingly SinB. My hands instinctively covered my mouth, trying my hardest to keep the waterworks from going off.

"Jung Yerin, will you make me the happiest person alive and—" she pulled out a small box from out of her back pocket holding it towards me, unable to conceal the tears, I let them fall freely at that moment.

"Take me on the ferris wheel? You know the myth where we stay together forever if we reach the top or something." I stand corrected. This is SinB. Punching her in the shoulder, she started la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter