Day 25

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 26, 2014

"Eungh, my head.." Sitting up, I found myself surrounded in fog. The thick mist enveloped me, rendering me incapable of seeing anything in my path. Pushing myself off of my feet was a struggle; my legs felt like lead. Wobbling, I managed to stand up straight, squinting my eyes to see through the fog. Of course, my efforts were futile, but I moved along, step-by-step. This felt all too familiar, but also far from the familiarity. Whatever the force was pushing me down, it almost felt comforting. My eyes became heavy, the weight pushing me further onto the ground. Before I succumbed to the darkness, I could see Yerin dancing in a flowerbed.

"Good morning, my love." Opening my eyes greeted me to a pile of plushies with a variety of different animals. Groaning, I pushed them away from me until I finally reached the surface. The face that greeted me had that stupidly adorable eye smile plastered all over it.

"Good morning..." my voice croaking, she held a finger to my lips insinuating I shouldn't speak. Rolling my eyes, I her finger so she would pull it away. Instead of pulling her hand away as I expected, she wiped her hand on my robe. Annoyed, I stared at her in which she just smiled innocently. No matter how annoyed I could become, it would all melt away as soon as I came in contact with that eye smile. A small smile tugged on the corner of my lips as she took my hand in hers.

Finally taking the time to look at the plushies that were now strewn about the hospital room, I noticed an assortment of animals, as well as a few Jibang plushies. If only our little pup were hidden within the pile. And then suddenly–as if my wishes were called–there was jostling in the collection. Out came a white fluff ball wagging her tail wildly. 

"Angkko!" I called out, ignoring the pain that followed it. As soon as Yerin had helped Angkko onto my bed, I showered her in kisses. Hugging her tightly, I faced Yerin. 

"You were allowed to bring her in?" I asked softly. She stared at me for a few minutes, and the lack of a response was making me uncomfortable.

"Yeah, they thought it would be good for you to have her visit for a little bit. She can't stay for too long, but I figured you'd still want to see her." The arrival of my favorite pup gave me the energy I had much been needing, and the thoughtfulness of Yerin had made my heart swell. As I was showering Angkko in kisses, a pad of paper and pen were being held out towards me. Looking up curiously, Yerin handed me both utensils with a smile on her face. 

"Use these if you want to talk, you shouldn't force yourself to speak." Far from thrilled, I slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter