Day 16

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 17, 2014

Today would be a day to relax, to sit around and do nothing—in a perfect world. Today was more packed than any other in reality, requiring me to finish recording my latest song. I didn't mind the work since the song held a lot of value to me. SinB, on the other hand, had been assigned to Angkko duties. From what I could tell, her schedules had been more relaxed, but she did work at night, so I wasn't entirely sure when she was actually working.

Yuju would be producing my song while I helped with the lyrics. While recording, SinB would enter my mind occasionally, but never a crippling amount. I loved thinking about SinB because it would always bring a smile to my face, even the silliest of moments. Yuju caught me dozing off every so often, but I would quickly regain my composure each time.

"You think about SinB-ah a lot, huh?" Yuju asked as I was coming out of one of my phases.

"What makes you say that?" She chuckled.

"Definitely not your zoning out. I get it, I think about Umji-yah a lot too." She admitted then turned to face me more directly.

"Speaking of Umji-yah–I need your help, eonnie." 

"With what?" Yuju took a deep breath before speaking again. 

"I'm going to propose to Umji-yah, well, I'm going to try." 

"You what!? How long have you even known her?" Stunned, I couldn't decide whether to be ecstatic or not.

"We've actually been dating for as long as you have been pining after SinB-ah." She winked.

"Oh, so you aren't crazy," I stated nonchalantly.

"I may be wacky, but yeah. I'm not you or SinB-ah." She laughed.

"It's not like I'm proposing to her!" That was when she pointed at the promise ring on my hand. 

"And what pray tell would you say that is?" I covered my hand holding it close to my body, a genuine grin appearing on her face as I did.

"It was a gift from SinB-ah."

"It's a promise ring." 

"I-It was a two weekiversary gift! So what are you planning for the big day?" 

"What do you mean? I plan on proposing." She looked at me, dumbfounded, making me chuckle. 

"I know, but how, when, where?" She leaned back into her chair, fiddling her thumbs. 

"Well...I'm not entirely sure yet...but I know I want to make it perfect. Will you help me look for a ring?"

"Of course I will!" I clapped my hands together. "When did you want to look?"

"After the session." My head dropped, stifling a chuckle.

"A little short notice, but okay."

"I know you probably had something planned with SinB-ah, but I really need your help eonnie!" She clasped her hands together, waving them at me.

"Don't worry about it. It's fine. I'd be more than happy to help you find a ring." I smiled at her as she unclasped her hands.

A few hours had passed and we finally finished our session. The song was turning out great, and I could not wait to share it with SinB. We exited the studio and made our way to a jewelry store nearby. Yuju began looking at different rings, from big diamonds to smaller ones. She ended up settling for a little pink topaz ring that I knew would look great on Umji. As Yuju was paying, I took my time scanning through the selection of stones. My eyes lingered on a ruby ring, with black diamonds on either side. SinB might like it... 

"You're not already looking at a ring for SinB-ah, right?" Not realizing Yuju was hovering, I jumped.

"N-no!" She looked at me, giving me a knowing glance.

"W-What?"

"Your face tells me you were." She grinned sheepishly.

"I wasn't!" I retorted. 

"Sure, and I'm not proposing to Umji-yah." 

"Okay, sure. You have your ring now, let's head home?"

"Actually..." She began looking around, scanning our surroundings, then directed her attention back at me. "I still need help preparing the proposal, where should I do it? At a restaurant? In the spur of the moment?"

"Why don't you just be yourself?" A simple suggestion, but an effective one for my particular group of friends. 

"I can be myself at any of those places!"

"No, I mean: do what your heart tells you." S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter