Day 21

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 22, 2014

The world around me was dark and bleak, trees looming in a dark and shadowy forest. Taking in my surroundings, there was no end in sight. Moving proved useless as every step took the wind out of me. Heaving with every step, the darkness only seemed to consume me more until I was on the ground, curled up in a fetal position.

"SinB."

Though difficult, through brute force, I raised my head to face the voice calling out, but it was still too dark–terrifyingly so. 

"I'm here."

Instantaneously, the world previously covered in darkness melted into something beautiful. Moving was becoming easier as the darkness was lifted, looking through the field of flowers I was now sitting along. The sky was bright, everything was colorful and shining. Through the brilliant light, I could make out a small figure a few yards away. Pulling myself up and on my feet, I slowly and cautiously approached the figure. Upon further inspection, the dancing figure donned in brilliant white revealed herself slowly to me. Picking up my pace, I needed her, to be with her, to find her, and never lose her. Finally, I grabbed tightly onto her hand. The beautiful human turned to face me with a dazzling eye smile. 

"Dance with me?" 

Unable to say no, I happily obliged as she wrapped her arms around my waist, and I, the nape of her neck, as we began to dance. Though no music played, it didn't matter–the love of my life was all the music I needed. She hummed a tune that I couldn't recall as she laid her head on my shoulder. This bliss was something I hoped would last for the rest of time. 

"Are you happy?" 

"What?" Turning to face the owner of the voice, I found nothing.

"Is something wrong, my love?" My concerned companion my cheek as she softly turned it towards her, searching my eyes. Focusing my attention back on her, a wide smile grew on my face, a smile of her own revealing the pleasant eye smiles that I had grown to love. Staring into one another for who knows how long, we began to close the distance between us. 

"You aren't afraid?"

"Who's there!?" Upon turning myself around, once again, I found nothing. 

"Love, you're scaring me. Are you sure you're alright?" The girl I was neglecting asked, concern covering her tone. 

"I'm fine." Reaching for her hand, but nothing was felt. Twisting my body to face her, she was gone. Looking around frantically, I couldn't find her. Lifting my arms to call out for her, the words wouldn't come out.

"Do you even care what you're doing to her?" A sweat broke down my back, the hair on my neck sticking up on its end. Facing the shadowy visitor, beyond its glowing eyes, there was no mistaking who it was—me. The shadow began circling around me, growling viciously like a rabid animal. 

"You're going to destroy her." The shadow howled, keeping its eyes on me as I returned its gaze. Taking a deep breath, I spoke, "She won't let it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter