Chapter One

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the official storyline from now on as the prologue has now finished and now you will witness adult Chaennie and what has happened in the past six years and what will happen to massively shape the future of them both. 

 

 

I hope you guys enjoy it! 

 

 

Please make sure to upvote and comment and let me know what you guys think. will mean a lot! 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter One: 

 

 

 

 

[2020]

 

 

Seoul, South Korea - 

 

 

The weather on this fine day was atrocious. The view from the office window was the definition of complete despair. Winter was closing in and the weather was changing drastically. Jennie always hated the shift in the atmosphere – it affected her mood drastically. Reality wise, the woman was always more of a summer person. She loved the feeling of being in the sun and enjoying the cool breeze of the air swooping by without any worry in the world. Winter felt like the complete opposite and she hated it beyond belief.

 

2020 was a year that tested her gears. With the Coronavirus pandemic affecting everything here and there, all the ambiguous plans which she had in stall for ‘the year to end the decade’ were completely set back. Luckily towards the back end of such a torturous year – the woman was finally able to set ahead with what she had in mind.

 

She sat back on her large Windsor cream office chair and let out a sigh. Even if she got her driver to pick her up, she would need to leave the building in the torrential rain and risk damaging her perfectly styled hair.

 

Yes, Jennie Kim was always a perfectionist. 

 

Tapping her slender fingers on the glass desk, she closed her eyes. It had been such a stressful day.

 

After much delay – her company ‘Jentle Home’ fashion was finally set to launch in the next couple of days. Jennie was completely bombarded with the stress and pressure of making sure that her staff and organization team was on top of everything… giving the final touches to what was to become ‘Korea’s Next Chanel’ in her eyes.

 

The girls' phone on the left of her exquisite marble glass desk table started to vibrate. Jennie sighed and left her slump, picking up the device with her lazy arm.

 

‘Kim Jisoo’

 

Once she entered university to complete her final degrees before her father could pass down her well-earned status – she met the beautiful Kim Jisoo. The girl was a second-year and a total heartthrob. It was easy to say that the woman was near enough the most popular girl on campus. That is why as soon as Jennie Kim enrolled at the most prestigious university in Seoul – they clicked almost instantly. Together they ruled the halls of that place. Jennie certainly was not as easygoing as she was back in Australia… she was almost like a completely different person.

 

Jennie became timid and cold.

 

What was the point in opening up to people who you will just only be seeing for a set amount of time? None.

 

Not that she ‘missed’ her friends back in Australia… it was more of a case of never wanting to see any of them ever again.

 

Especially her. 

 

 

“Yah, Jennie Kim!”

 

“How is the business preparation going? Do I get my deluxe ‘Jentle Home’ handbag? Dior is getting dry this season…”

 

“It’s going well,” the woman sighed. “I had to almost fire one of my leaders this morning because she was nearly sending the project sideways… but other than that we are looking to launch on the launch date as planned.”

 

“Sounds like we have some celebrating to do… just some girly time, you know?” the enthusiasm in Jisoo’s voice was off the roof. There must have been other stuff on the beauty queens’ mind for her to be so outgoing especially on such a rainy day like that afternoon.

 

“And you’re saying…?” Jennie raised her eyebrow – curious about what her best friend was going to propose.

 

“Let’s go for food. I have something to tell you anyway – it can be on me.”

 

“Ehhh?!” Jennie exclaimed. “Like… right now?”

 

“Well the working day has finished, hasn’t it? It’s approximately… 5:34 PM”

 

“And where do you have in mind?”

 

“There is this restaurant in central Seoul where I used to eat when I was younger… it specializes in their Kimchi dishes. I don’t know about you but I am craving some warm food.”

 

Jennie sighed internally. The girl sat back on the chair and looked out of the large windows. “Send me the address, I will be there in 40 minutes max.”

 

“Miss Chanel would never turn down her best friend~” Jisoo teased.

 

“Yah Kim Jis-”

 

“Calm down calm down!” the elder chuckled down the phone line. “I will send it to you – see you there, Jen.”

 

...and by that, the line was cut.

 

 

 

 

The two girls have been best friends for four-five years. Jennie would never admit it but Jisoo was a person to who she could trust the whole world and everything beyond it too. Jisoo isn’t much of a judgemental person in any shape or form – especially when it comes to Jennie. Yet, there are some deep and dark secrets which she would never let escape her lips… not in a million years. Not even to Jisoo.

 

Finally, after leaving her office building and ordering for her driver – she made her way to the destination in central Seoul. She put on her face mask and sunglasses and headed inside the fairly sized restaurant. In the corner of the room on a table next to the rear window she saw a familiar figure sat there with a bucket hat and face mask on; trying to hide her identity from the public. 

 

Jisoo was an upcoming actress. The girl had finally landed her first extreme role in the upcoming drama which was set to become a nationwide hit throughout the whole of Asia. Jisoo’s face was already known enough especially given the fact she was the face of Dior and played some minor roles in other projects… but this role was going to become her starting point in the acting industry. Without a doubt, the girl was ready to pave her way to the top and become as famous as Park Shin Hye.

 

“Hey, Mandu.” Jisoo waved. “How was the traffic?”

 

“Not bad,” Jennie sat down at her chair and took off her sunglasses, placing her Chanel purse on the table. “Especially giving the fact it is peak hour traffic.”

 

“What are you looking to order then? We should order pretty quick, this place gets packed pretty easily after 5 pm.”

 

The brunette nodded and opened her menu – feeling her stomach growl as she read through each dish description. On the bottom left corner of the menu, there was a certain part that caught her eye more than anything in the world. It was highlighted as the restaurants' specialty;

 

 

“KIMCHI STEW DELUXE SPECIAL” 

 

 

-

 

FLASHBACK

 

[Melbourne, 2014]

 

“Jennie….” Chaeyoung whined, grabbing her girls’ palms with her own. “I know we only just ate a couple of hours back but I promise you that this dish is literally ‘to die’ for… plus it is Korean too! I’m sure you will be proud of my persistence to get you to come with me.”

 

Jennie bit her lip, trying to hold back a smile from Chaeyoung’s complete eagerness. “What is in for it with me, though? My belly is pretty full. A girl like me does not have maximum capacity like you,” she teased, playfully grabbing the chipmunk-like cheeks. 

 

“I can share with you! And F.Y.I the more food you eat… the taller you get and the stronger your bones are!” 

 

In all honestly; Jennie was not hungry. Yet the only thing that had her agreeing to go was the enthusiasm from her girlfriend.

 

Letting out a sigh of defeat there was no way she could say no when Chaeyoung was beaming like that towards her right before her eyes. “Alright. Let's go then.”

 

Chaeyoung pounced on the elder, wrapping her arms around her girl and placed kisses all over her face. 

 

“I thank god every day for giving me the chance to have a girlfriend as amazing as you,” she whispered into the dumpling's ear. 

 

Jennie felt her heartbeat at a frightening pace. Yes, she has had endless compliments from those around her since she was just a young baby but words have never affected her just like they have when they are from the very mouth of Park Chaeyoung. 

 

Is this love? 

 

She had no idea.

 

The feelings were frightening. 

 

Jennie didn’t know how to handle them. 

 

It felt like she was falling into a void which would be possible to escape. 

 

Everything Chaeyoung does is so genuine. She is full of care and compassion and her beauty radiates onto everything around her. Jennie was shocked. She didn’t expect a girl to come into her life and change it and make her feel genuine feelings that she has never felt before in her entire life, but here she is…and it completely astonished her to every proximity possible. 

 

Chaeyoung grabbed her hand and led her to the streets of Melbourne. 

 

They could not be too obvious due to Jennie’s status but they could be clingy enough where it is brushed off as a friendship. Jennie loved the breeze of Melbourne – especially when she was around Chaeyoung. 

 

She felt somewhat… free.

 

Free from the reality of life which lied ahead of her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter