Prologue Three

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue Three:

 

 

The next day came super quickly. Chaeyoung was so excited to go to school and see Jennie. After the conversation on iMessage the night before, she knew that she had some sort of small crush on Jennie. She knew she liked both boys and girls since she was just younger which was an advantage on herself which meant she can embrace her interests in both genders. Jennie Kim, this famous Instagram model who miraculously stumbled across the grounds of her school and into Chaeyoung's life. Was she delusional for thinking that fate brought Jennie to her? Maybe.

 

Yet – Park Chaeyoung always followed her heart.

 

That morning when she got ready for school she looked at herself in the mirror and looked at her fit for today. Her hair was down as per usual and her uniform was pristine. Yet she felt like she had to do something to get Jennie's attention? Her hands then reached towards her makeup bag and she took out a few items.

"A bit of makeup won't hurt, right?" she mumbled to herself, putting on her favorite lip tint and mascara. It was insane how much a tiny bit of makeup could enhance your confidence by miles.

 

Grabbing her guitar and school bag, Chaeyoung left her home and made her way to school.

 

Her mind was literally just Jennie Jennie Jennie.

 

She'd only known her for literally 24 hours... and she barely knew anything about the girl. Yet she was confident in the gut instinct that kept her motivation going.

 

"Woah... are you wearing makeup?" Lisa instantly noticed the small touches of cosmetic products applied to the girl's already gorgeous face.

 

"C-can you notice it?" Chaeyoung blushed, playing with the tips of her hair.

 

Lisa nodded, "Yeah, but in a good way. You look cute."

 

"Are you trying to impress someone?" she grinned, knowing quite well what game her best friend was playing.

 

"Do you think she'll notice?"

 

"Well, you are pretty beautiful already, Chaeng." Lisa complimented. "The makeup makes you stand out that one inch more."

 

Lisa was such a motivational speaker. Chaeyoung was eternally grateful to have a girl like Lalisa Manoban for her best friend. She could literally count on the young woman for anything in the world. The two shared a very special bond. "Speak of the devil," Lisa pointed out to the black car that just pulled up to the front gates of the school.

 

All students turned their attention to the expensive car as a driver got out of the car and opened the door and out came Jennie. Chaeyoung felt her heartbeat increase out of nerves and happiness. Relived to see Jennie this morning and a sudden feeling of complete random nervousness. Jennie had sunglasses on and all students were buzzed over how a celebrity was attending their school.

 

"Jennie, over here!"

"Wanna hang out before class?"

"Nice bag! Where did you get it from?"

 

Before Chaeyoung could even get a chance to go and say hi to the girl, she was already bombarded by every other student besides her. Jennie was already climbing up the popularity ladder. She was stood with Cassie and Rachel and her y friends. Chaeyoung always hated those girls, they really thought they owned the school. Why did they even want to be friends with Jennie in the first place?

 

"I guess she is already pretty popular," Lisa put her hand on the elders' shoulders. "It's to be expected to be honest, she is practically a celebrity."

 

"I would totally go and talk to her but I don't want to go near Cassie and Rachel and her friends... they are so mean." Chaeyoung pouted.

 

"I'm sure there will be plenty of other chances today," Lisa reassured. "Let's go to meet everyone then?"

 

The brown-haired girl nodded. Taking one more look at Jennie, who seemed to be pretty friendly with that friendship group already. Letting out a huff and puff she and Lisa left the school gates and headed into the school building. She was completely oblivious to the fact that Jennie's eyes were lingering on her every move.  

 

 

 -

 

Jennie found herself sitting on the jock table at lunch. It was alright – it reminded her a lot of when she'd be back in New Zealand. Jennie was just prone to hanging out with the popular kids. The two girls Cassie and Rachel were known to be the princesses' of the school. They looked like models. Cassie having long brunette locks and a tall, slender figure, and Rachel having mid-length strawberry blonde hair. Also on the table were the athlete boys, one being a Korean student, Jeon Jungkook.

 

"I can't believe we have a future Chanel ambassador on our table..." Cassie grinned with her fork mixing in her sloppy salad together. "Do you think you could get discounts?"

 

"I get them anyway." Jennie shrugged her shoulders. "We rarely fuss over the price tags though."  

 

Cassie put her hand over . "That's not expensive for you?"

 

"How rich even are you?"

 

Jennie didn't like to brag about her wealth or fame. She always wanted people to see her as a person rather than her money and status. Yes Jennie comes from one of South Korea's richest households and she held international fame, but the end of the day... she was just a normal person. "My family just runs a few businesses. No biggie though," she opened her can of Diet Coke and took a sip out of the carbonated drink.

 

"Do you earn money from your photoshoots? I heard you also pose for the likes of Versace and Louis Vuitton too." Rachel observed the Korean girl, extremely intrigued by her background.

 

Jennie wanted to roll her eyes, but she knew she couldn't. These girls were just going to continue to bombard her with questions. "Are they annoying you?" Jungkook asked the girl next to him in Korean, knowing quite well that Jennie didn't want to continue to answer the many questions.

 

"Just a little," she whispered back.

 

"What are you two talking about?" Cassie fronted.

 

"I was just asking her what class she had next." Jungkook lied.

 

"Well this is an English speaking table." the brunette haired girl crossed her arms. "If you want to go and sit with Park Chaeyoung and her friends and talk in Korean, then be my guest."

 

Jennie's eyes shot up at the name Park Chaeyoung. Why did Cassie speak her name with so much aggression? "You guys friends?" she asked the brunette, referring to Chaeyoung herself.

 

"Cassie hates her." Rachel stepped in.

 

"Why is that?" Jennie was completely curious.

 

"Chaeyoung took the lead in the cheer team. Cassie was the leader since freshman year, so ever since then she has had the biggest grudge on her possible."

 

Jennie's eyes scanned the canteen and saw the figure of the girl running to her table with her friends with her tray of lunch in her hand. She had this happy energetic smile on her face, similar to the face which Jennie saw yesterday. "She seems like a nice person," she said, continuing to watch Chaeyoung from afar. Her table of friends seemed pretty large.

 

She had a guitar on her back too. Did she play? "She is so obnoxious." one of the popular girls sighed.

 

"Always this loud and annoying girl."

 

The fact that these girls were talking in that way started to get on Jennie's nerves. She knew quite well that they probably had 0 personalities underlying that layer of fakeness. "She is a teacher's pet too. God, remember when we were going to go for a smoke and she caught us?"

 

Jennie played around with the food on her plate. It annoyed her the fact that they were talking so negatively about Chaeyoung and that Cassie would even give that sly remark out regarding the language barrier. Jennie had dealt with es in the past, but this was to the extreme.

 

"We're going to go to the rooftop now for a smoke. You coming, Jennie?" Cassie asked.

 

Jennie took one more look at Chaeyoung's table before shaking her head. "I have a few more student documents I have to deal with. I'll come meet you if I finish in time?"

 

"Yeah yeah, that's fine," the brunette girl smiled. "See you up there."

 

Jennie nodded, as the table of popular students left the canteen. The girl stood up and walked over towards the younger latter and her table full of cheerful friends.

 

"Oh my god, is that Jennie Kim...?" one student gasped out.

 

The conversation shook silent as Chaeyoung looked up with her sandwich in and cheeks full of food. Jennie could only chuckle, she really did resemble that chipmunk. Chaeyoung quickly swallowed her food and placed her pork cutlet sandwich on the tray. "Hey," she waved. "There is a spare seat next to me if you wanna sit down."

 

Jennie smiled and took a seat next to the brown-haired girl. She could tell that all of the students were completely astonished at the fact that she was sitting on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter