Prologue Four

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue Four:

 

 

Time passed swiftly. It was now coming up to December. Jennie was fully adjusted to her new school and temporary home country. She grew closer and closer with Chaeyoung and her friends, enjoying each and every moment the group spent with another. Lisa and Chaeyoung were the literal definition of two peas in one pod. They were truly best friends.

 

Chaeyoung on the other half shown Jennie the true side of Melbourne. She took Jennie to all of her favorite spots, telling her about short stories where she'd somehow managed to end up in a funny situation. At the end of the day, Jennie was eternally grateful for everything that she'd brought upon her. Welcoming her into her friend group and always being there to assist if Jennie needed anything in the first place. She truly was a kind soul.

 

Jennie was in the gym of her apartment complex before her phone buzzed from the treadmill counter.

 

Mino: Hey, Jen! How are you? Just passing this text message to say I'm throwing a party this Saturday. Parents are away and my condominium is free. Bring anyone who you like, they'll be plenty to eat and drink... looking forward to seeing you. M x

 

Her childhood friend and old crush Song Mino. He moved over to Australia a few years back. Jennie scanned the message, reading over and over it. Did she really want to go?

 

This was the guy who stole her first kiss back when she was fourteen before dropping the bomb shell news that he'd be migrating over to Australia due to his father's promotion through his cooperation.

 

The next day at school, the topic of there being a potential party on the go was brought up at their lunch table.

 

"There is a party at the weekend...?" Lisa asked, almost spitting out her food.

 

"Yeah." Jennie nodded.

 

"Chaengie isn't much of a 'party' kind of girl, but by all means, I'm totally free."

 

Chaeyoung was collecting her lunch and was absent from the table. Does that mean she won't be able to make it? For some reason, Jennie was kind of disappointed by that. "Chaengie isn't what?" the tall girl took her seat next to her, instantly grabbing her knife and fork to dig into her food.

 

"You don't really like the party atmosphere."

 

"I guess so, why though?"

 

"Jennie's friend is throwing one at the weekend."

 

The brown-haired girl's eyes shot up before looking over to Jennie. "I mean, it just a party right? Gotta experience them someday."

 

"I'm totally in," Felix said with a large smile on his face.

 

"Me too," Seulgi chimed. "It's been way too long since I have been to a party."

 

Lisa looked at her best friend with a slight look of concern on her face. "Are you sure you want to go?"

 

"Yeah, Rosie. You don't have to go if you don't want to." Jennie agreed. She didn't want the girl to force herself to go.

 

Chaeyoung shook her head. "No. I want to go."

 

"Lisa, am I good to sleep at your place? I can't tell my parents, they'd go crazy."

 

"That's fine by me."

 

Jennie put her fork down on her tray and took off her blazer as summer was coming in and it was starting to get too hot to wear her full uniform. Leaning back on her chair, she looked at her group of friends with a grin on her face. "First party with Jennie Kim? You guys will have the time of your life."

 

Chaeyoung gulped. She didn't know what to expect from what was going to come

 

 

-

 

[D-2 till the party]

 

"What on earth do I wear?" Chaeyoung pondered, Lisa sat on the edge of her bed. "I want to make a good impression."

 

"Just wear what you will think is best for you, Chae." Lisa watched her best friend walk around in circles.

 

"I've never been to a party, I don't even know what on earth goes on in them."

 

"Calm down..." the taller latter walked over to the wardrobe and ran through Chaeng's many clothes. "What style are you looking for?"

 

"I want to stand out." Chaeyoung had her head in her pillows, sulking on top of her bed.

 

"For Jennie?"

 

"Mhm."

 

"You really like her then?" she asked, scrolling through the endless racks of clothing.

 

"Mhm."

 

Lisa looked over to the latter, noticing how her head was buried in the pillows sighing endlessly with frustration. "Have you give her any hints? Or does she like you back?"

 

"I have tried. She calls me beautiful all of the time when we are hanging out she calls them 'dates' and like she also can be super touchy at times. We have hung out quite a lot since we first met too... I just seriously can't tell any more."

 

Picking a certain outfit out of the wardrobe, Lisa closed the doors to the white wardrobe and put them on the bed. "Wear this."

 

Chaeyoung rolled over so she could see the outfit next to her. There lied a sparkly shirt with long sleeves but looked like it would have her stomach showing and a pair of a white miniskirt. "You will look stunning wearing that," Lisa fangirled before grabbing pieces of jewelry from the bedside table. "Wear this with it too... it would just complete the outfit."

 

"If Jennie doesn't notice you then she is totally missing out."

 

"Should I confess...?" Chaeyoung asked, running her fingers over the outfit. "I mean, what do I have to lose?"

 

"If you are sure you really do like her and have a high feeling she does too, then go for it."  

 

-

 

Chaeyoung spent the rest of the remaining time until the party writing down on what she was going to say to Jennie. Truth be told – she had had feelings for her since the moment they met on that destined day when Jennie first came to the school. Unluckily they barely had the chance to hang out unless it was at school and it was simply driving the girl insane. Chaeyoung had the summer tournaments and Jennie was promoting for her new cosmetic contract which also meant she was also missing from some classes due to her hectic schedule.

 

She picked up her guitar and started to strum each cord. Chaeyoung always expressed her emotions through music.

 

"Wise Men Say, Only fools rush in,"

"But I can't help falling in l-"

 

Quickly stopping the strumming, Chaeyoung looked into the mirror in front of her. Were her feelings real for Jennie?

 

The day of the party finally came – and Jennie was helping her friends set everything up. Which bummed the younger because she wanted Jennie to be the first to see her outfit. Chaeyoung arrived at Lisa's complex with her outfit in her bag in her casual attire to prevent any suspicion with her parents and whatnot.

 

The duo got ready. Chaeyoung put on her outfit and Lisa styled her hair and applied some makeup to her best friends' already perfect. "Holy ..." Lisa blurted out, obviously happy with her outcome.

 

"My best friend is a hottie," she gushed. "I, Lalisa Manoban is beyond proud to call Roseanne park my bestie."

 

Chaeyoung giggled and playfully slapped her shoulder before looking into the mirror.

 

 

Wow

 

She really did look good. The girl was not afraid to deny that. "If Jennie doesn't have heart eyes for you tonight then I bet the whole party will."

 

"I only want Jennie to though...." the elder pouted.

 

Lisa took out her phone and took a selfie with the latter before going into her kitchen and bringing out a bottle of strawberry soju and two shot glasses. "Bottoms up~" she chimed out.

 

Where on earth did Lisa get those drinks in the first place? Chaeyoung was shocked. The girl had barely ever had any form of alcohol pass her lips beside the one time her parents' let her try the wine at the altar during Sunday mass. "L-Lisa I don't know-"

 

"Calm," Lisa put her hands on Chaeyoung's mouth. "Let loose, yah? It's your first party."

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and took the shot in her hand and on cue, the two girls quickly took the alcohol in, letting it all go through them both in one gulp. The brown-haired latter her lips, instantly feeling the tingling sensation get to her head already.

 

"Maybe that was not as bad as I thought..." she let a sigh of relief. "I love the flavor of the strawberry the most."

 

Lisa chuckled, taking the bottle and refilling both of the glasses.

 

One-shot turned to two... then three... then four... 

 

The two girls ended up a laughing mess on the floor of Lisa's apartment. "We should totally get going and meet Seulgi and Felix and co..."

 

Chaeyoung nodded and stood up, almost falling back down on the floor. "Do I look attractive for her?"

 

"Is that even a solid question?" Lisa also stood up, putting on her jacket. "Don't be so self-conscious."  

 

 The duo ended up ordering a taxi to the condominium. Chaeyoung felt her heart go insane. One with nerves due to the fact she'd never been to such an extravagant event in her whole life and two she was finally going to tell Jennie how she really felt about her. How bad could it possibly go? Get embarrassed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter