Chapter Seven

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven:

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was still getting used to her whole new workplace. She spent some time exploring the building and getting to know the different staff members who will be helping her with the company. “Good afternoon, Miss Park!” a semi familiar figure appeared from her left.

 

“My name is Kang Seulgi. I am a music developer, I have heard your demos and I am very happy to work with you.” she bowed down.

 

Chaeyoung smiled – it made her beyond happy to hear such positive words coming from people.

 

It was starting to become the time frame where she was finally starting to get real recognition for her talent.

 

“It is really good to meet you…! I hope that I am able to impress you further with my other work.”

 

The two girls were stood in the main lobby of the building. It was packed with admin employees hectically running around with sheets of paper in their hands. On the left, there was a small restaurant which looked like it served fine cuisine. On the right was a Starbucks with a small bubble tea store right next to it. For a building which was supposed to be purely for business – it sure had the facilities for food. Chaeyoung could get used to this by the blink of an eye.

 

“Yah…!” another tall figure turned up to the two girls. “You are Park Chaeyoung, right?!”

 

Chaeng nodded brightly. “I am Park Sooyoung. You can call me Joy for short though… everybody calls me that.”

 

“Joy?!” Seulgi gasped. “What are you doing here?”

 

The tall girl furrowed her eyebrow. “… maybe because I work here?”

 

“You are working in the entertainment business?” Seulgi asked, confusion evident in the tone of her voice.

 

Joy shook her head. “No no,”

 

“This building is owned by the Kim Enterprise. I am a senior fashion developer for Jennie Kim.”

 

Chaeyoung jumped out of her trance at the mention of her name. “Oh… there she is right now.” Joy pointed to the entrance where the sight of a certain brunette lady walking into the building.

 

It was like time had stopped for the whole building. Everybody forgot what they were doing to suddenly focus on the woman who stormed her way through. Jennie looked expressionless and like she was unbothered. Taking off her designer glasses, she walked through the lobby which earned heart eyes from her fanboys who would ask the girl if she would want a coffee in the morning sent to her office.

 

“She is super intimidating,” Joy whispered to the two girls. “Sometimes... she scares me.”

 

Jennie? Scary?

 

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, taking her eyes away from her ex girlfriend. “She seems like she doesn’t really care for those around her.” she muttered under her breath, noticing how Jennie would just ignore the staff who were approaching the woman from the minute she walked in. She had this cold aura that seemed to attract more and more people towards her.

 

“I heard she fired somebody for such a stupid reason. Just because she was in a bad mood.”

 

“That is horrible…” Seulgi said with shock in her face. “I guess she just has everything at her fingertips. People like her don’t care for those who are below her own class. Rich es like that deserve a slap in the face to give them some sort of sense of reality.”

 

“It does not surprise me.” the blonde remarked.

 

Joy put her hands together with excitement and completely changed the subject regarding Jennie. “Before you become like a… complete megastar, always feel free to drop by my office on the fourth floor. I can help you pick out different fashion ideas for when you shoot your music videos. I love fashion so much… and you seem like you have an ideal fashion sense. I’d seriously love to work with you.”

 

“Joy just loves to promote herself,” Seulgi whispered into Chaeyoung’s ears. “Don’t mind her too much.”

 

The tall playfully slapped Seulgi’s shoulder. “Kang Seulgi… I will kill you one day-”

 

“I will be more than happy to.” Chaeyoung smiled. “I will make sure to visit your office one day… hopefully we can sort out an agreement for having a fashion developer for the company.” she said, looking over at Jennie once more before the woman entered the elevator with her body guards right next to her side.

 

Luckily for Chaeyoung – the moment Jennie’s eyes caught her ex girlfriend looking right at her, the elevator door slammed shut and the woman was nowhere to be seen.

 

Alls the blonde could do was sigh in complete relief.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Today had been death for Jennie.

 

She undergone a conference meeting for Chanel, followed by a photo shoot for Elle Korea, and now she was on her way to another conference meeting for PARK ENTERTAINMENT for a general introduction of herself to all of the staff and what prospects she was going to have in stall for the company.

 

Being experienced in business and having that mindset makes it easy to put together a development plan during your lunch break… maybe there was some sort of advantage of being brought up to have understanding of the marketing world from a very young age.

 

Luckily for herself – she had not bumped into Chaeyoung at this point. She was going strong considering they were somewhat working together.

 

Work was her priority anyway… she was not going to let anything else on her mind affect her overall performance as a professional business woman.

 

[FOUR THIRTY PM] – PARK ENTERTAINMENT MASS CONFERENCE

 

Jennie sat back on her office chair and let out a sigh. “Why do I get myself into these types of situations…” she pouted.

 

The woman gathered her folder which had all of the information that she was going to portray to the staff members to give them an outline at how the company was going to run with different procedures in place. She half wanted to give this job to her secretary but she knew that it would be beneficial to every single intern inside that room if she introduced herself and what she was going to bring.

 

Anything done in the style of Jennie Kim was bound to run smoothly.

 

“Good afternoon everybody.” The brunette walked into the large conference room which caused every single person to look at the woman in complete amazement. “I am Jennie Kim… if you have not already guessed already.”

 

“A friend of mine has reached out to me to help run a company like this… Park Entertainment is going to be purely for talent and charisma. It is up to every single one of you to ensure that we, as a company keep up a high quality status and beat the likes of SM and JYP. I have invited some executive producers such as TEDDY to come along to help.”

 

Jennie then scanned the large room taking a mental note of the faces of the employees. She felt run dry when she found a certain blonde sat on the left on the front row. The woman could feel her heart beat increase. Chaeyoung was sat there, not looking up to the screen on the front with a pad open on her desk doodling away with a pencil.

 

That was not the mindset to have in this industry; specially giving this girl was seriously on the brink of making her debut.“Before we start the intervention… drawing on your notepad during an important conference will not benefit you at all.” she threw the sly remark over to her ex girlfriend, who looked up instantly and rolled her eyes. Jennie then took her focus to on the board which lied behind her.

 

“So the first slide will be about principles and what we will entail as a company…”

 

-

 

“Jennie is so ing hot,” one of the employees next to Chaeyoung fanboyed to the male figure on his left side. “I would totally go for her if she was not married.”

 

“Pfft. Like you could manage to grab a girl like Jennie Kim.”

 

The blonde let out a sigh. She looked down at her doodles on her paper and continued to draw a rose flower on the side of the sheet which was jam packed with information regarding the safety and principle legislations what the company entailed. She did not need to sit through all of these pointless conferences. The girl wanted to write and produce music. How on earth was this achieving what she wanted to do?

 

It felt like she was back at university.

 

To top everything off – the person who was talking at the front of the room was her ex girlfriend.

 

Everything was just an excuse just to leave. Especially giving the fact that Jennie thought it was okay to throw remarks across the room which was obviously against her. Did the woman despise her that much? Who on earth thought it was an idea that Jennie run this place? Why did Jennie agree? Chaeyoung wanted to throw herself from the nearest cliff.

 

Jennie would talk in Korean then the next slide in a bit of English. Chaeyoung forgot what her New Zealand accent sounded like until now and she tried her best to ignore the alluring thoughts that come into her mind when Jennie was present and continue to doodle on her paper.

 

The musician noticed from time to time Jennie would shoot eyes over in her direction.

 

Why was she even doing this in the first place?!

 

Obviously Chanyeol could not find out about their past. That would be too awkward, even for Chaeyoung.

 

As Jennie has clearly put any recollection about the two dating as far away as possible, considering the fact that Jongin and Jisoo and all those around her were c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter