Chapter Nine

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine - 

 

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Jennie jumped out of her trance of deep thoughts. They were currently dining in Seoul’s most exquisite restaurant. The brunette kept her grip firmly on the glass of red wine, denying the waitresses offer of their finest Rosé wine purely because it would remind her of the only thing that is clogging up her mind in the first place. I mean, what the hell was she doing? Going out of her way to find her ex-girlfriend in the dance studio practicing relentlessly for some stupid routine that would never be performed again. Jennie had no idea why she was placed in a classroom full of trainees in the first place. Chaeyoung had a lot more value towards the company to even be considered a trainee. 

 

“I had to cover a dance class today.” she sighed. “Lisa was unable to attend. They had nobody else to do it.”

 

Jongin chuckled. “How did it go? I did not think you were the type to teach dance to a class full of K-POP trainees.” 

 

“It went fine. Certainly something that I will not do again.”

 

The handsome man smiled. “You know… I am glad that you are helping out with everything.”

 

“I think Park Entertainment will be a hit.” he continued. “Chanyeol’s girlfriend has the potential to make it big.”

 

Jennie bit her lip and took another sip of the alcoholic drink. “Do you think?” she asked, acting like she did not have all the faith in the world for the girl to make it big. 

 

“She has a very good voice for her age. She can hit high notes and once Chanyeol has shown me her demos I could not help but help them both out. It’s going to be a massive success.” 

 

Jennie pictured her ex-girlfriend on the stage, putting her heart and soul into her performance. With her blonde locks flowing ever so elegantly and her slender fingers holding onto the microphone as she sang for dear life. The whole arena pausing as if time was on a complete halt and the only thing that mattered in the world was the beauty herself and her angelic voice. Her cheeks burned up at the thought. Maybe it was the alcohol getting to her.

 

Yeah… It was the alcohol. 

 

“She was placed in the trainee class before,” Jennie sighed. “I had to tell off some girls for making fun of her.”

 

“I think you should speak with Chanyeol regarding placing her on 1:1 dance classes. That class is not for her.”

 

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. “I will have a word with him.” 

 

“How are you doing anyway, Jennie?” the man asked. “I have been so busy with work.”

 

Jongin always prioritized work before anything. Some nights he would not come home till early hours in the morning because was too caught up with stock meetings and matching deadline dates. Being the chairman of Korea’s biggest enterprise came with a cost. The worst of it was the fact that the brunette was starting to grow a little touch starved. It was starting to get frustrating beyond belief. 

 

She was a bit of an intense woman in the sheets… we could say. 

 

With Jongin working all of the time; their intimate moments became more and more scarce. 

 

The lack of release was driving Jennie insane. 

 

There was only so much of her own fingers which she could handle. The model was left wanting a lot more. 

 

“I’m good.” she smiled at her husband. “Work is not as stressful lately. I have my team to keep the management intact.”

 

“It is going amazing. I’m so proud of you, baby.” 

 

“I promise once work has calmed down we can spend some time together. I miss you, Jen.”

 

Jennie looked into her husband’s eyes. He looked back with so much love in his eyes. Who knew that she ended up marrying the most handsome man in Korea. “I miss you too, Kai.” she sighed. 

 

“We have a dinner party coming up next Saturday. I have got you a new dress to look amazing in – both of our parents will be attending, alongside with some business partners.”

 

“I’m going to get Taeyeon to cook our finest food. Especially tofu stew for your mom.”

 

The brunette let out a chuckle, yet the only thing that was on her mind was how the look of complete deflation on Chaeyoung’s face got to her. Jennie wanted to beat the living out of those girls who said bad stuff about the girl. Yet; she was not supposed to retaliate like this. Jennie was supposed to hate and avoid the blonde girl at all costs. Seeing her day to day in all of her glory did not help what so ever. 

 

Just how beautiful the woman has become…

 

Jennie almost spat out the food in and started to cough. “Are you okay?” Jongin asked, obviously worried for his wife. 

 

“I’m fine.” she smiled, trying to get herself together. 

 

Chaeyoung needed to leave her mind before she drives herself to complete insanity. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Jisoo and Jennie have been together since their very first day of university. The Manga lover was there for her when she had nobody. Jennie was always a hard person to communicate with; she did not have any intentions of being friends with anybody on campus. That is when Kim Jisoo came into her life… and they have clicked together ever since. Jennie found comfort in Jisoo. For once in her life, she finally felt like she had clicked with a friend who was not bound to leave her like the rest of them. 

 

Jisoo thought that Jennie could trust her with everything, that is what best friends do right? 

 

That is why when she found the pictures of her girlfriend and Jennie together in an old photo book from high school she felt nothing but betrayed. The fact that the most important people in the entire world all kept the same thing from her as if she was not trusted with such fragile information… it got to the poor woman. 

 

She came out to Jennie with guts and pride to tell her best friend she was biual. She was proud to tell her best friend out of all of the people in the whole world, yet it stung knowing that Jennie could not even tell her the truth of her uality. 

 

To the world - Jongin was always Jennie’s first love. They are what you would call ‘childhood sweethearts who married at a young age’. It was adorable. 

 

Jisoo remembered firmly when she’d see them together on a date, looking beyond happy. 

 

The real question was… why was this ‘relationship’ between Jennie and Chaeyoung so secretive? 

 

Even Lisa hesitated to give out any information. 

 

Jisoo was not dumb. She could feel the tension between the two girls’s since the Jentle Home launch party. Something was going on which was never dared to be spoken of. Kim Jisoo wanted to get to the bottom of everything sooner than later. 

 

That was when on a fine Friday afternoon, the woman had finally finished shooting a few scenes for her upcoming drama in the Centre of Seoul. She thanked the camera and production team and waved goodbye. Jisoo then had her driver take her to the Kim Enterprise building to finally get some words out of Jennie.

 

 

“I can’t tell you, Jichu.” Lisa sighed, playing with her food. “It is not my business to tell. If Jennie finds out that this has come out from me… she would kill me.”

 

Jisoo could not believe the words coming from her girlfriend’s mouth. “Jennie would what…?!”

 

“She does not want anybody in the world to find out about her past relationships. I know you are shocked and all… but that is just how Jennie can act at times. She would rather keep things to herself.”

 

“They are working together.” Jisoo protested. “Jennie’s husband is best friends with the man who Chaeyoung will marry.”

 

Lisa pressed her lips together awkwardly and looked at her girlfriend – obviously sad that she could not do anything to help as it was completely out of her hands. “Both of them need to grow up. Whatever has happened… I will find out.”

 

“… and Jennie tries to act threatening, but she would never dare touch you. She acts too big for her boots from time to time.”

 

 

“I am here to see Jennie Kim.” the dark-haired girl smiled at the reception lady. 

 

The middle-aged woman smiled before dialing the number for Jennie’s office. “Hello, Mrs. Kim? There is a woman here to see you… kind of small, with dark brown hair? She said it is urgent.”

 

“Is your name Jisoo?” the woman asked. 

 

Jisoo nodded. 

 

Letting the actress through without hesitation, obviously getting confirmation from Jennie that she was okay to go up to her office. Jisoo let out a sigh of relief and put on her sunglasses before walking to the elevator and clicking the fourth-floor button. Once she finally made it to Jennie’s office, the woman braced herself before giving the large door a loud knock. 

 

“Come in,” Jennie called from the inside. 

 

Jisoo opened the door and was greeted with the sight of Jennie at her desk, her blazer was off and the top two buttons of her shirt were undone. “Hey,” she called out, eyes glued to the laptop screen. 

 

“What brings you here?” 

 

Jisoo sat down on one of the leather chairs which were in front of the large desk and closed the laptop. “I think we need to talk about something serious.”

 

Confused to the attitude, Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. “… and that will be?”

 

“Why did you not tell me that you knew Chaeyoung and Lisa?” 

 

Jennie’s eyes widened in shock at the question. She awkwardly looked around the room as if she was trying to gather some sort of excuse. Her palms started to feel sweaty. “W-What on earth are you talking about? Is Lisa pranking you once more?!” she laughed, trying to clear away the conversation. 

 

Unfortunately for Jendeuk, her best friend was having none of that what so ever. “I’m being serious, Jennie.”

 

“I don’t think it is much of a serious matter.”

 

“It clearly is!” Jisoo argued back. “I have three people in my life keeping one secret away from me.”

 

“There are no secrets to be told,” Jennie said, firmly and confidently. “I guess I knew them back in high school. There is nothing else to it, I don’t know why there is a big deal being made out of something so small.” 

 

The older girl shook her head. “I seriously do not appreciate that you are lying to my face right now, Jennie.” 

 

“I know for a fact that there is a reason why you are so secretive.” 

 

“No reason whatsoever.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Jisoo could not believe the attitude coming from the CEO right now. For a woman who was consistently professional in her daily activities, conquering the business industry, Jennie was acting childish. The complete opposite from professional. “You’re lying, Kim. I can tell by the look on your face.”

 

“Before you blame Lisa… I found photos in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter