Chapter Ten

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

Chaeyoung was furious.

Scrap that – the girl was livid. In her many years of existence, the blonde has never felt so much anger in her life. That moment when she stormed down the corridor, leaving a very familiar figure behind, she wanted to throw that freshly brewed coffee right at the wall. Who was Jennie to think she could just turn up right before her eyes and call her her given nickname ‘Rosie’ like it was nothing? Right after saying that she did not want anything to do with her?

Jennie was fake.

Walking body of processed plastic in Chaeyoung’s eyes.

Today was supposed to be a productive day with good vibes. Loren was preparing for his debut – yet this was not just any debut, it is the first debut act who PARK ENTERTAINMENT will unleash into the entertainment world. Chaeyoung takes pride in Loren, with him being a good friend of Chanyeol’s for as long as they remember. Initially; the musician herself was supposed to be the first to debut… but to her recommendation, everybody saw it as the better option for Loren’s EP to be released first.

“Chaeng?” a familiar voice called out from the left as she turned a corner.

Nearly tripping over and spilling her coffee, the blonde looked up at the tall figure. “Y-Yes…?”

There stood Chanyeol in all of his glory. Wearing a blue suit and his hair perfectly combed back, looking at his fiancée with a confused look in his eyes. “Everything OK, my love?” he asked ever so softly.

Chanyeol was always one to care, especially for his loved ones. “O-Of course…!” Chaeyoung lied through her teeth. She would never let the shenanigans of Jennie Ruby Jane Kim ever come to knowledge with the man. “Why would I not be?”

“You look… kind of frustrated.” Chanyeol chuckled.

She felt her eyes peer to the left and find the figure of a familiar brunette. The grip on her coffee cup became tighter as Jennie had the audacity to walk up to the both of them with this confident and smug grin on her face – like she knew what she was up to. Dressed from head to toe in Chanel, the brunette passed a smile to her man. “Good morning, Chanyeol.” she greeted in her low tone voice.

“Good morning, Jennie. How are you doing?” he asked.

Could this get any more awkward…?

“I’m doing great thank you. Jongin will be joining us for dinner later on – he told me to come and find you to let you know. Luckily I caught you right away and did not have to send my personal assistant.”

Jennie was looking at anything besides the blonde. Chaeyoung could feel it from a mile off.

How could she just stand there and talk with him like it was nothing…?

“Dinner? Let me just check my schedule…” the tall figure opened up his notepad. “Yeah, I should be free. Where will it be?”

“Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul – the reservation is booked for 8:30 sharp.”

“Perfect. We will be there.”

Chaeyoung mentally rolled her eyes. “I-I have to attend practice with Loren.”

“Can’t that wait? You have not properly met Jongin yet – it will be the perfect opportunity.”

“But-” she tried to protest. “Loren’s debut is important…”

Chanyeol let out a soft chuckle before patting his fiancée on the head. “We have all of the time in the world to prepare for that. Besides, I think you and Jennie could do with spending some time together. You two will be working together quite a lot in the future.”

“Fine. I will come.” she give in to defeat.

If it was not for how lovingly Chanyeol looked into her eyes – no way in hell would she have approved to go and eat dinner with both Jennie and her husband.

Passing one more glare at Jennie, she quickly kissed her man on the cheek before rushing into the office. Chaeyoung could only sigh in relief as she placed her back against the wall. How could Jennie act so casual towards the both of them? How?

Chaeyoung could not even properly look into her eyes. Yet Jennie was so casual.

It did make sense… Jennie was untruthful. The feelings which she claimed to have were non existent.

That is why she can act like nothing happened.

… because in her own little spoilt world; nothing happened.

Chaeyoung just wished that it could be the same for herself.

-

“I think you should debut with ‘Dirty Trash’,” the blonde announced as she stepped down from the table desk which she was sat down on. “It holds power… the anger of a breakup and the emotion in the lyrics. I think it will be a hit for your debut album.”

Loren nodded and picked up his guitar. “So we start the #A cord like this?” he asked before strumming the guitar.

Chaeyoung nodded.

“All the you put me through,

Still what’s left in my head,

Are things that never got emptied out,

Just trash rolling around.”

Chaeyoung watched the long haired figure as he strummed on the guitar and sung the lyrics with such power… enough to feel the emotion and anger within his voice. Loren was always the musician and he had a talent for producing the most exhilarating works. Empty Trash was just perfect for the debut of the rock artist.

Once he finished his piece – the girl looked at him in astonishment. “Wow… I am completely speechless.”

“Like it?” He smiled, placing the guitar down on the table.

“Like it…?! I love it more like.”

Loren could only lean back and take a sip of his iced coffee. “Glad you like it. You think it will be a hit within the charts?”

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows. “Think? I know it will be.”

“The amount of passion you put into those lyrics and developing the track purely by yourself will never go unnoticed. I can’t wait to see you shine.”

“There is not much passion in the lyrics of this song to be brutally honest. It’s more conveying of my emotions. You know – when somebody breaks your heart and you just harbour like a million emotions of anger. That kind of thing.”

Chaeyoung knows alright. She remembers the early days of her heartbreak and finding Jennie’s marriage announcement plastered all over the news headlines.

Looking up at the dim light of the studio, Chaeyoung idly strummed her guitar. “Love can make you feel a lot of negative emotions.” she mumbled.

“Your heart has been broken before?” Loren asked curiously. “I always thought Chanyeol was your first love.”

“Only in high school,” the artist chuckled. “They broke my heart and got married right after. How amazing?”

“Sounds like a total douche.”

“You can tell me that again.”

Before any more form of conversation could erupt between the two – a knock on the door could be heard. Chaeyoung quickly hurried to the large studio door, opening it to find a young woman stood with a dress in her hand. “Miss. Park?”

“Y-Yes…?” Chaeyoung nodded, confused.

“I have been ordered by the KIM Enterprise that you are to come with me immediately. Jennie Kim has requested that you get ready for your event.”

What event…?

Chaeyoung completely forgotten about the scheduled dinner. She got too caught up with helping Loren out with his deb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter