Chapter Eight

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

 

 

“This little-”

 

Jennie wanted to bash her head against the wall. Her team was working relentlessly all week to hit a deadline for the fashion showcase which was due to commence in the following couple of days. Global fashion ambassadors from all around the world were due to attend and Jennie being Jennie, she wanted to make sure that everything was pristine. When the woman is stressed – she is a bit more… on the edge. Which makes her a very, very fragile Jendeuk.

 

It certainly did not help that Chaeyoung continued to ignore her demands and blasts her music from the office right besides her own. “I need to get her office moved,” she sighed to herself and looked to the clock on the wall. 3.45 PM. There was still so much to do to meet the deadline and make sure that everything was in place. Being a CEO was beyond hard; especially giving all of the priorities which is thrown in your face, left right and centre.

 

On this very day – Chaeyoung seemed to find it quite amusing to have her music on full blast.

 

Jennie groaned and stormed to the door once more and did not even bother to consider knocking. The Chanel model barged in to the room once more to find the sight of Chaeyoung and Chanyeol on the sofa on the left side of the large studio like office, both sat together with the blonde woman having her usual guitar in hand and Chanyeol going through her freshly composed lyrics.

 

“…” she mumbled to herself, obviously finding herself in the worst situation possible.

 

The engaged couple looked up at the brunette with Chaeyoung’s expression instantly dimming. Chanyeol, who was completely oblivious to the withheld tension between the two women, smiled to Jennie. “Hey, Jennie.” he called out.

 

“H-Hey…” she pressed her lips together awkwardly, looking at everywhere besides Chaeyoung.

 

“What brings you here?” he asked curiously. “Checking out the progress of the album?”

 

No… I am coming to tell your girlfriend to lower her music down….

 

Jennie could not act rude to Chanyeol of all people – especially giving the fact that he is Jongin’s dearest best friend. He could not know anything. “Seeing as your fiancee loves to blast her music on max volume… I come to check out what it was all about.” she remarked sarcastically to the male figure, earning a look of terror from her ex girlfriend.

 

“Come sit down on the sofa here, Rosie was just going through some demos.”

 

“Actually I have to-”

 

“Just one? She is so proud of herself.”

 

“This girl is seriously going to be a mega star when she hits big.” he said with pride, putting his hands on her shoulder.

 

The feel of complete dread dawned upon the brunette. She noticed how Chaeyoung’s eyes beamed up to her fiance at the sudden contact. Jennie was way too stubborn to admit that she hated the sight of such horror. She was too stubborn that she was somewhat envious of the fact that all of the people in the entire world; Chanyeol was the person who was able to do that with her.

 

That was once Jennie.

 

The remorse hit her harder than a million bricks coming at her at the speed of light.

 

Jennie croaked before the couple could end up practically making out right before her own eyes. The two looked up right away and Jennie knew for a fact that she had to leave that very office in the matter of ten seconds. “I will leave you guys to it.” she pressed her lips together once again and smiled awkwardly.

 

She felt Chaeyoung’s eyes linger on her as she quickly left the room.

 

Seeing them together like that hurt a lot more than it should have in the first place.

 

Jennie is a married woman. She should not feel this way when seeing her ex girlfriend now in a happy relationship.

 

She loved Jongin.

 

Chaeyoung was simply the past.

 

Yet – why did her heart ache so much?

 

 

 

-

 

 

As soon as Jennie left the room – Chaeyoung let out a sigh of complete relief. As if things could not get any more awkward. She turned to her fiance, who had a look of confusion written all over his face.

 

“That was a little weird, wasn’t it?” he asked, putting his hand on his chin. “I don’t think I have seen Jennie act so tense.”

 

Chaeyoung leaned back on the chair, pressing her lips together and thought back to the moment when Jennie barged into the office. Why did she barge through in the first place? It is pretty obvious that the two girls do not want to associate with another in the slightest. Jennie should know in the first place that it was just utterly rude to barge in on somebodies private space without giving any notice… or like a very normal person; knocking on the door.

 

Yet – she noticed the look on Jennie’s face.

 

She looked uncomfortable.

 

Maybe Chaeyoung makes her uncomfortable.

 

The blonde gripped her guitar and ran her slender fingers across the fret board. “I dunno,” she spoke up. “I don’t know the woman like you guys do.” she lied through her teeth, putting her fingers to an A# cord and started to strum on the strings.

 

“Have you guys spoken much?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Rosie shook her head. “Nope.”

 

“Maybe that is why then…” the tall figure stretched his arms. “I guess Jennie is a little awkward around new people. Her husband said she can be like that from time to time. It takes a while for her to open up to people,”

 

“I am sure that you are more than capable of becoming closer to her. You have a heart of gold. Besides; Jisoo and Lisa are close with her too, right?”

 

Chaeyoung felt her heart drop. It was the fact that her boyfriend was so oblivious to the hard truth that brought guilt upon the girl like there was no tomorrow. Chanyeol always meant good towards her. He was going to give her the record deal of her life, bringing through endless modelling contractors, even the big move to Korea was purely on his own influence. Since they met another he has offered Chaeyoung the world. She could not be more grateful. This is why having Jennie Kim back in her life was just a disaster in the making. Lying to her own boyfriend’s face purely because he does not know the harsh truth was daunting upon the poor singer. “I don’t think me and Jennie are the type of people to get along…”

 

“Jongin loves you too,” Chanyeol smiled. “He said he has high hopes for your career. He thinks you will be successful.”

 

Chaeyoung bit her lip. Was it bad that she could not care less what he thought? “Really?!”

 

The blonde nodded. “Yeah. I will tell you something out of honesty…”

 

Honesty.

 

Something that Chaeyoung was completely lacking right now. She hated it beyond belief.

 

“Jongin helped sort out your duet with Harry Styles.”

 

Letting out a loud gasp, the girl put her hands on . “You’re being serious?!”

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. “He heard your demos when I first met him after flying back to Korea. It is another reason why he let us open Park Entertainment in the Kim Enterprise building until we hit big. He sees potential in your talent.”

 

“I never knew…” Chaeyoung was gobsmacked. Giving that this was the husband of her ex girlfriend; he surely seemed more generous than she thought.

 

“He used to be in the idol industry himself. We trained together under SM Entertainment. He was so close to debuting, and landing the role as the main dancer... but he had to undergo becoming the chairman of his fathers company due to his underlying health conditions. Not to mention his marriage to Jennie.”

 

“He sees potential in you, Chaeng. I’m sure Jennie does just as much”

 

Did Jennie have faith in her…?

 

That was a hard question to answer.

 

In all truthfulness – it is highly unlikely that she gave two s about the blonde.

 

“I will try and make sure that Jennie opens up to you. Don’t you worry.” he placed a kiss on his fiancee’s forehead before standing up from the white leather couch. “I have to go to a meeting. I’ll see you at home.”

 

“Take care, Chan.” Chaeyoung smiled at her boyfriend. “Thank you so much for all of your help today.”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

[DANCE CLASS WITH LALISA MANOBAN: 2:45]

 

 

If Chaeyoung was to be completely honest; dancing was never her critique. If anything in the world she was up for the next global award of being the worlds most stiffest dancer. Well that is what she thought. Chaeyoung never thought that when coming into the music industry – she would have to undergo intense classes such as dancing until her debut. Even though her fiance owned the company and she was a lead composer… technically she was still a trainee until her debut. This scene of music was just not what she signed herself up for in the first place.

 

Chaeyoung wanted to play her guitar to an audience of ten thousand, not dance to some quirky pop song which was off the charts. It was not her style. Yet, Chanyeol insisted that it would bring her the fame which she deserved more than anything.

 

The blonde girl changed into her gym clothes. She wore a skin tight Adidas shirt, alongside with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter