Prologue Two

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Prologue Two:

 

 

Chaeyoung always believed in the likes of fate. She knew that everything happened for a reason. No matter what came to her in the world – It was what was coming to her anyway. She was passionate and believed in what was right. She had faith in God as her family attended church every weekend. As long as she did well then she'd receive goodness back. Yet on that Monday morning, she knew that something was going to come. Something was going to completely change her life on that day and her aura and energy radiated her complete enthusiasm towards her gut instinct. Her friend Lisa, her sister Alice, and even her classmate Jaemin had pointed out how she was somewhat shining on that very day. 

 

The moment she laid her eyes on Jennie Kim everything come together. It was so cliché, she'd bumped into the girl in the hallway and shared that awkward glance in her chocolate button eyes as they tried to quickly collect the papers on the floor. She found it adorable how Jennie instantly spoke to her in Korean, and how she quickly bent down to help her pick up the sheets of paper. One thing she remembers the most was the scent of the older girl. How one person could smell so good. Weird, right? Chaeyoung didn't mind.

 

She was never really the person to get so excited over another person before. Yet – with this whole gut instinct in her body giving her this energy... it was hard not to. The way Jennie Kim caught her attention right away was saying it all. 

 

"Oh my god..." Chaeyoung walked over to Lisa and Tzuyu who was stood by their locker.

 

"I think I just saw an angel," she said with a shocked look on her face.

 

Lisa looked at her best friend in complete confusion. "Angel? Did you visit heaven or something? " she furrowed her eyebrows.

 

The brown-haired girl gripped onto her folder tightly and took a deep breath in. She just accidentally bumped into this fellow Korean student who turned out to be new... and completely gorgeous. She had long brown hair, tanned skin, beautiful facial features, and this gummy smile. Chaeyoung felt like she was swooning already.

 

"I didn't even get a chance to properly introduce myself because Ashley called out for me..." she cursed, pouting her lips.

 

"Hello...?" Lisa waved her hands in front of the girls' faces.

 

"Earth to Roseanne park?"

 

"You can't just run over here and say that and avoid our questions!"

 

Chaeyoung pressed her lips together and looked at her two best friends. Tzuyu was looking right back with the same look of curiosity beaming in her eyes. "I just bumped into this new student."

 

"We have a new girl starting today?" Tzuyu tilted her head. "Did you get her name?"

 

"No," Chaeyoung shook, completely disappointed in herself for not knowing the name of this model like a human being. "She is Korean and so gorgeous. It's all I know about her."

 

"Care to describe her?" Lisa grinned, obviously teasing the older girl.

 

"Why? You will take first digs if I did!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

 

"She may not be my type – who even knows."

 

Feeling her cheeks turn a light shade of pink, the girl let out a sigh. "Fine."

 

"She is brown-haired, fairly tanned, has really cute brown eyes, a gummy smile when she lets out a chuckle and really distinctive facial features. I'm sure she could be a glamour model if she put herself up to it..."

 

Tzuyu let out a chuckle. "Unnie, you speak of her like you spent days just looking at her."

 

"I think Chaengie has a crush on the new student." Lisa teased, enjoying her best friends' reaction.

 

Chaeyoung puffed. "I do not!"

 

"How can I have a crush on a girl I have just met?"

 

The Thai goddess chuckled and folded her arms. "Who knows? Maybe love at first sight~" before hearing the bell go which indicated that all students must retreat to their destined classrooms. If Lisa had a talent, it would definitely be teasing Park Chaeyoung. She knew what was best for her friend and Lisa's way of delivering it to the girl would be simply teasing her left right and center. Sometimes the stubborn girl would want to bite her head off... but reality wise – she loved her best friend dearly.

 

The three girls walked to their classroom and sat down at their desks. Luckily enough for Chaeyoung – herself, Tzuyu and Lisa and a few of the boys from their friendship group shared a table which made the class a lot more enjoyable.

 

"Good morning guys." Chaeyoung took at her seat next to Jaemin. The group of students sat next to the window which was partially away from the teacher at the front which gives the group more freedom to chatter when they got the chance. The girl never let it get in front of her education, though.

 

"You are looking extra bright today." Jaemin pointed out.

 

Chaeyoung looked at the guy with a look of confusion on her face. That was the third person to say that, and she knew that she didn't even do anything in the first place to even make herself stand out in that way. "You are the third person to say that today," she chimed. "I really do think it is due to my gut instinct."

 

"Gut instinct of what?" the guy asked.

 

"I dunno," she shrugged. "I just have a good feeling that fate will bring me something good today."

 

"Chaeyoung believes in all of that stuff. Fate, Karma, Superstition. I'm Buddhist myself so I can understand why she feels that way at times." Lisa pointed out.

 

"Alright class," Mr. Ho walked into the classroom. "Settle down your conversations and focus to the front – I have an important announcement for you guys today."

 

All students shook silent and watched the teacher in anticipation. "Today we have a new student joining us today. She is an exchange student from all the way over in South Korea," he announced with a look of pride on his face. "Class, please welcome Jennie Kim."

 

and by that, the door waved open and in walked the girl who Chaeyoung bumped into earlier on. The brown-haired cheerleader's jaw almost dropped. It was like the moment she walked in the girl was on some sort of catwalk or something... she walked in with that kind of aura that she brought this powerful atmosphere into the classroom.

 

"Hi, I am Jennie Kim. I'm from South Korea but I can speak English pretty well. Please look after me." Jennie introduced herself, bowing down in front of the indulged class.

 

Chaeyoung looked around – it was not just her. The whole room of students were all looking at this glamour model in complete awe. So she was not going insane? It was okay to gush over this girl, right?

 

After her introduction, Jennie took the seat at the front of the class. Chaeyoung wanted to invite her over to their desk but she didn't want to risk the fact that Lisa would potentially embarrass her.

 

"Is that her?" Lisa whispered, halfway through the lecture that they were getting given on algebra.

 

Chaeyoung nodded. "She is so pretty, right?"

 

"Chaeng, do you know who she is?"

 

The brown-haired girl shook her head, completely oblivious to why Lisa was suddenly so serious.

 

"Her name is Jennie Kim — She is one of South Korea's most famous models, I heard she even models for brands like CHANEL and Prada."

 

"That girl has over a million Instagram followers... I am surprised she is even here."

 

Jennie was famous? Chaeyoung didn't know if she should be surprised or not. The girl was literally a walking model in the first place – she radiated true beauty. Chaeyoung wanted to talk to her again and properly introduce herself without other students calling out for her and ruining her chance... what if she made a bad impression in the first place?

 

Way to go, Roseanne Park...!

 

-

 

Jennie, on the other hand, was enjoying her first day at her new exchange school. All students were extremely welcoming and happy to have her there. Most were astonished that an It Girl like herself was attending their very school. Some even fangirled and asked for a photo with the girl – which come to her surprise. In all honesty, Jennie had 0 ideas that she'd be even known worldwide like that.

 

"So this is the gymnasium," her new friend, Taeyong introduced. "The cheer squad are currently practicing."

 

Jennie scanned the group of girls who were overrunning their routine.

 

"Give me an 'A'!"

"Give me a 'B'!"

 

There lied the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter