Prologue One

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[A/N: The first chapters of this story will be about how Jennie and Chaeyoung fell in love. I think it's a really important segment to this storyline and it would be pretty hard to show how they did through flashbacks ect... so the first part will have taken place in 2014. The second part in 2020/2021. Thanks for reading!] 

 

  

 

Prologue One: 

 

 

 

Love is such a weird thing, right? Like how a person can make the biggest advantage on your life and change you for the better. Even at one point – they will be your entire world. You would want to do everything in order to make them smile. That is love for you. It makes you do stuff you never thought or expected to do in the first place. Yet, it can go from riding on cloud nine and planning your future together to an abrupt stop which tears your world down to pieces. That person can dwell on your mind for the next years to come and the harsh reality of it is the fact that you can not do anything in order to help what has happened. Furthermore – the love that once carried you through life was now nothing but a blur in the past like it didn't even happen in the first place.

 

Jennie Kim was going to give Chaeyoung everything. She fell so in love with the cheerful girl that she was unsure if there was any escape. Her smile, her voice, her personality, and just everything in general. Jennie was sure on one thing – her love was nothing but sincere.

 

The two come from completely different family backgrounds. Jennie comes from an extremely rich family from the heart of South Korea. The girl was a worldwide Instagram model by the age of 17 and had the world at her fingertips. Chaeyoung come from an average family. They run a small family business in the city of Melbourne. Jennie had 0 ideas that the girl would turn her world upside down without even knowing of it.

 

That year that she became an exchange student in Australia changed everything for Jennie Kim.

 

Why did everything have to crumble down? To this day – she still thinks of how life could have turned out if everything didn't change.

 

 

 

 

[SEPTEMBER 2014]

 

 

"Jennie-yah," her mother called out to the brown-haired girl as they waited in the exclusive airport lounge for the youngster's flight. "You will do great in Australia, just view it as a way of exploring the world." 

 

Truth be told – Jennie didn't want to study abroad. Abandoning her life in Korea once more to settle into another culture didn't sound as appetizing as she wanted it to. She'd spent five years in New Zealand when she was younger and had only returned back to Korea for a brief amount of time. Looking up at her mother and taking off her designer glasses, "One year, right?" she sighed.

 

"One year. We have everything planned out for you for when you return back home with your university studies and other future investments. When you arrive in Melbourne your condominium is prepared for you and fully furnished. We even have a car for you." her mother looked at her daughter.

 

Jennie wondered – what would her life be if she didn't have everything scripted out for her?

 

Surely not everybody lived their life like this.

 

"Flight 234 to Melbourne, Australia flying from Seoul International Airport... the gates have opened." the voice announced from the speaker.

 

Jennie took in a deep sigh and looked at her mother. "This is it, then?" she said.

 

"You're going to do great. Students will be wanting to be your friend from left-right-and-center."

 

Jennie chuckled. "Who would not want to be friends with Jennie Kim?"

 

"Your father and I will check up on you regularly. We also have friends over there who will look after you too, don't worry."

 

"Just remember don't drag our image down. You are the next in line to carry on our pride."

 

Pressing her lips together awkwardly, the smallish girl nodded. Sometimes she wondered if her parents cared more for their daughters image and how she is presented as a person over her lively-hood and feelings. "I got it, eomma." she put her thumbs up.

 

"I better get going now," she sighed. "I will call you as soon as the flight is over."

 

Mrs Kim brought her daughter into a tight hug. "You will do very well over in Australia. I promise you."

 

"Have a safe flight, Jennie." she waved. Jennie took her designer hand luggage and bid her final goodbye to her loved one. Turning around and walking into the gates was like stepping into a brand new dimension. This was the brand new chapter of her life. She had no idea what was going to come.

 

 

-

 

"Welcome back to Melbourne." she sighed in bliss as she finally left the upper first-class deck of the airplane. Jennie was used to the long haul flights – but always dreaded the aftermath and jet-lag. She'd visited Australia before with her family for a holiday but this was the first time where she'd get the chance to properly explore the country as a whole.

 

One whole year she will be here. Jennie already knew people who she was going to hang out with so she didn't have to go through all of the awkward 'new girl making new friends' arc. Luckily enough for her – she was known worldwide. One simply just does not know who Jennie Kim is.

 

She already had a person waiting for her at the opening gates who escorted the girl back to her new apartment. Truth be told, she had 0 idea to what it even looked like. Her parents looked their only daughter well enough to know that they'd organize something that would match up to Jennie's taste.

 

"I am Mr. Han," the man spoke up in the car ride, introducing himself. "I will be looking out for you whilst you're here."

 

"Look at me like an uncle role or something," he passed the girl a slight smile through the rear window.

 

"It must take a lot to study abroad at such a young age."

 

After sharing a brief conversation with the man – the two finally arrived at a luxury apartment complex in the heart of Melbourne city center. Jennie got out of the car and embraced the atmosphere. It was so much different from Seoul. The place was bursting with life but in its own unique way. Glancing towards the top right of the long road she spotted a busker, singing music to the people who walked past. To the other side was a large designer shopping outlet with a few bars right next to it.

 

The area was very well tamed and in the more well-off part of the city. "You will be starting school in two days on Monday." Mr. Han announced as he passed the girl the keys to her new home. "Your uniform is in your walk-in wardrobe."

 

Jennie wondered what her uniform looked like in the first place. "Do you have any idea what the name of my new school is?"

 

"It's all in this booklet here," the middle-aged man took the guide book out of his bag. "It will have your schedule in it and what other extracurricular activities you will have to attend."

 

The two walked into the complex and Jennie was immediately greeted by every staff member who roamed the exclusive lobby. "Welcome, Miss. Kim. We have been looking forward to having you with us." The blonde woman at the front smiled brightly. "You are located on the penthouse on the top."

 

"Thank you – I look forward to staying here." Jennie smiled back at the woman and walked towards the elevator.

 

Australia has such a good vibe. Everybody seems very friendly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter