Chapter Six

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six

 

 

 

[JENTLE HOME LAUNCH PARTY]

 

 

Jennie practically ran back into the building with so many emotions running through her brains. She rarely ever smoked. It was such a deep secret of hers – yet she only smoked when something caused her more stress than anything in the world. The party was a grand success. Especially giving the venue had reached the max capacity – her family, friends, business partners, and practically a majority of South Korea’s most famous names. Any party which was hosted by Jennie Kim herself was bound to be a success.

 

Why was she smoking due to stress you may ask?

 

The sight of her ex girlfriend in the flesh – at her own party.

 

That was what caused the night of glamour to come crashing down. Jennie saw her from the stage looking back up with the same expression of shock in her eyes. The brunette wanted to throw herself off from the stage and hopefully pass out so she’d wake up and Park Chaeyoung would be gone and far away. At the end of the day – she was not in the right to kick the girl out and cause a scene and cause confusion amongst the most influential faces in the modern day business industry.

 

Jennie was not risking anything.

 

The party will be over soon, anyway.

 

After fixing her makeup and posture in the private bathroom, the model made her way back into the main lounge.

 

Thoughts running through her mind such as… how the hell did she get in to her party? Why was she there? How was she?

 

Not to mention how she had dyed her hair blonde. Jennie did not expect that ever from the girl.

 

Yet again… it had been six years at that point. People change through time.

 

Jennie stormed into the room and took the first drink what she could get her hands on and downed it straight. Besides, not just one drink was not enough. She needed to erase the image of Chaeyoung right out of her head for the night… just for a few hours. After then; she can ensure herself that she would never come into reach of the girl ever again.

 

“Are you okay?!” the voice of Jisoo popped up from the left.

 

Jennie turned around to find her best friend stood there, completely oblivious to what exactly was going on inside her mind. “Me…?” she asked, starting to feel a little bit dazed out. “I am Jennie Kim.”

 

“Yes you are Jennie Kim.”

 

Jennie took another drink from the table and downed it once more. She was starting to feel a little bit drowsy at the sudden influx of alcohol running through her veins. The vodka was strong. She wanted strong to help clear any sight of thought about Park Chaeyoung in her stupid brain. Jennie hated how she still found the girl beyond ethereal to the point where she could literally look at her for the rest of eternity.

 

“… and you are also drunk.” Jisoo rolled her eyes. “Why are you drinking so much, Jendeuk?”

 

“Because my mind is clogged.” the model replied firmly.

 

“Clogged of what? Alcohol?”

 

“No.” Jennie could feel her head bob forward. “People.”

 

“Jesus christ...” Jisoo took the cup which Jennie had in her hand and smelled the strong scent. “How many of these have you drank…?!”

 

“Maybe four?”

 

“Come on,” she grabbed her best friends hand and made the girl stand up straight. “Your husband is looking for you. This is your party – you need to sober up.”

 

Jennie snapped back to her senses. Jisoo had a point. This was her launch party for her multi million won designer fashion brand. This is her first launch as a titled CEO. Yet she found herself trying to get as drunk as possible to forget the face of her nightmares which will continue to haunt her no matter what. She felt pathetic for being like this. “… where is Jongin?”

 

“He is sat at our table with Chanyeol and Lisa. His girlfriend will also be back soon… you need to meet her.”

 

Jennie nodded.

 

Drinking to forget Chaeyoung’s beauty was never going to help anything. She was a grown woman.

 

 

-

 

[FLASHBACK, 2015]

 

Dear Miss Roseanne Park,


 

I am pleased to announce your placement at Seoul National Institute of Music. We can not wait to have you start as a student with us in the upcoming year. Please do not hesitate to look at the leaflet included in this letter to organise accommodation and campus rules.

Subject Accepted: Music Composition and Production

Placement: Unconditional

Start Date: August 2015


 

Chaeyoung cried when she read the letter. Tears of utter happiness. Not only was she going to study music and endorse all of the beauty that comes within such a subject - she was going to surprise Jennie by moving to Korea to study as a full time student at SIOM. Truthfully; she had dreamt of studying in Korea since she was just younger. She loved the idea of being closer to her heritage and learning more and more as she adapted to the new lifestyle. Yet, meeting Jennie was the cherry on the top to push her towards the limits of achieving her dreams.

 

“Mom…! Dad...! I did it!”

 

It was a Friday evening and the Park family was eating their dinner as usual. Mrs Park had cooked spicy belly pork which made the girl’s night even better.

 

“I am going to study music...!” she put a fist in the air with happiness. “I thank god for blessing me with this chance. I will never miss a session of church ever again.”

 

Her parents were overjoyed. In all honesty they wanted her to study something more on the science and humanity sides as long as their daughter was passionate about what she did... they could not complain.


“Have you told Jennie?” Alice nudged her little sister.

 

Chaeyoung shook her head. “Nope. I plan on surprising her.”

 

She was overjoyed. Jennie would be able to see her girlfriend a lot more frequently instead of their love turning into a long distance relationship.

 

Chaeyoung knew ever since she set her eyes on the brunette that they were just destined to be. Maybe Jennie was her soulmate. You could meet them at the age of 18, right? Because Park Chaeyoung was more than convinced that she had secured hers already... and she simply could not be happier. If she was going to completely change her life for the person who she loved more than anything in the world... she was going to make it happen.

 

Her new life was to be in Korea, studying her passion and spending endless time with her love.

 

The Aussie girl kept the secret on the down low for a good couple of weeks. She wanted to find the right time to tell Jennie. To make the surprise even more special. Time was starting to run out though as the school year was coming to an end. Graduation was right around the corner.

 

“I can not believe it is finally time for graduation...!” Chaeyoung squealed. “Canterbury High School I do not love you... but I will miss you for sure.”

 

The year had passed by in a complete blur. Thank god the girl managed to pass her end of senior year exams. Lisa nearly failed hers because she spent too much time practising her routines for dance instead of studying for biochem... what an idiot! Chaeyoung could only just chuckle as she took a final glimpse of her school grade.

 

Times were seriously about to change…

 

New ventures in life…

 

“I love you.” she whispered quietly to the brunette who was stood next to her.

 

Jennie looked up and smiled brightly. She looked so elegant that it physically dawned on the younger who simply could not get over how lucky she single-handedly was to score such an amazing person. She felt Jennie slowly intertwine their fingers together as they stood there in their graduation gowns, surrounded by crowds of students and family members. The fact that Jennie did that in front of so many people made her heart almost jump out of her chest.

 

“Class of 2015… are you ready?!”

 

“3...2...1”

 

“Happy Graduation!”

 

If Chaeyoung could she would have pulled Jennie into the deepest kiss of her life. She just looked into the younger girl’s eyes with the most loving look that anyone could possibly give. Her love for Jennie was uncontainable. Every day she fell harder and harder for her beyond belief.

 

Instead the two girls ended back at Jennie’s condo and on her large bed.

 

They could not even attend the graduation party at Felix’s house because they longed for another too much.

 

Chaeyoung made love to Jennie all throughout that night.

 

The two could never be more content than being in the arms of one another.

 

She vowed to tell Jennie the good news once they both woke up the next morning. It would have been the most perfect scenario… Jennie in Chaeyoung’s loving arms with the sun shining bright through the window with the birds chirping outside. The girl could not think of anything more romantic.

 

That was up until they were awoken to the noise of an unfamiliar voice echo throughout the condo.

 

“Jennie?”

 

Jennie’s eyes shot open. Chaeyoung will never forget the expression in her face on that very moment.

 

“…” she cursed, getting out of the bed and quickly throwing on a blouse and shorts.

 

“Rosie… please hide in my wardrobe.” she whispered as low as she possibly could. “My mom is here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter