Chapter Five

Coming Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 

 

 

 

Jennie rushed to the party lounge and joined the MC Young on the stage. She looked at the crowd of people who looked at the woman in complete anticipation. Jongin was in the center of the audience looking at this wife with complete and utter pride. Jennie placed her hand on her chest and bowed down with complete gratitude to those who stood right before her eyes.

 

“Miss Kim has finally decided to make an appearance…” the MC playfully announced.

 

“I want to thank you all for coming here tonight to celebrate the launch of Jentle Home. It has been my great pleasure to have every single one of you here with me tonight. Please feel free to help yourselves to the buffet on the left and any drinks upon arrival. Let’s make this the party of 2020 and have fun….!”

 

“Cheers to the lovely Harry Styles for flying all the way from the United States of America to join us tonight. You must be a big fan of me, mustn’t you?” she joked, earning a giggle from the crowd.

 

“Without further ado; I want to surprise you all with a little gift of my own.”

 

“I have had this in the pipeline for a few weeks now… and I am glad that I can finally show you guys…”

 

“First of all – I want to thank my amazing husband Kai for all of the support he has given me the past few months. If it was not for his encouragement I would not be here right now broadcasting my fashion line. It is because I have a husband who believes in me. I could not be more grateful.”

 

The audience cheered for the businessman. Jongin smiled back at his wife who looked at him with the warmest look from the stage. “This is for you… I love you.”

 

The backing track to Frankie Valli’s ‘Can't Take My Eyes Off You’ started to play and Jennie took the mic and started to walk around the stage with her cool aura. The audience started to cheer the woman on happily.

 

“I love you babyyyy,” she sang into the microphone. “… and if it’s quite alrighttt…”

 

“I need you babyyy… to warm this lonely night…”

 

“Let me love you….”

 

“This is one of my favorite songs so do not hesitate to sing along with me~”

 

(A/N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_RxqNcqb-M I used this performance as referance. I can't get over how amazing she sounds when she sings this songgg)

 

-

 

 

 

 

Park Chaeyoung was blessed for life.

 

She had a boyfriend who treated her like an absolute angel. She was about to achieve her dreams in the music industry and has just undergone a gigantic move from Australia to South Korea. From living at home all of her life… she seriously made a big leap into the real world in the blink of an eye.

 

Her boyfriend of two years had recently proposed to her in the most romantic way possible. They were on holiday in Thailand enjoying their time together to celebrate their second anniversary. That was when Chanyeol did the honor and popped down on one knee to propose to his 'future wife'. After all of the heartache her poor heart has undergone in the past... she was finally emotionally happy with another person.... everything felt like it was finally coming into shape. They have moved to Korea to start their new venture in life  and finally set up their own record company. It was Chaeyoung's ambition to help people achieve their dreams just as she was achieving her own. 

 

Chanyeol's world felt somewhat foreign to her still. She was being consistently introduced to rich entrepreneurs who her boyfriend grew up with... not to mention how his family are practically billionares. Meanwhile Chaeng grew up in an average Aussie household. This was a completely different lifestyle to her and it was like trying to adapt to something that you simply just not fit in with. 

 

Lisa was attending the same party so it should be all easy. Chaeyoung was always outgoing anyway so speaking to people around her was never a problem.

 

Chanyeol was caught up in a last-minute meeting which caused the two people to be late to the party. Once they finally parked up at the exquisite venue, the blonde girl looked at the place in astonishment. It was the literal definition of grand. Her boyfriend was not lying when he said that this couple was the richest and influential couple in the whole of Korea.

 

“W-Wait…” Chaeyoung stopped the taller figure before they made an entrance into the building.

 

“You are telling me that Harry Styles… of One Direction is in that very room?”

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

“I am going to faint.”

 

Chanyeol could only giggle at how adorable his fiancee was. “You do know you will be dealing with a lot of people just like him, Chaeng. Just you wait until we hit big.”

 

The music was faint from the main entrance but Chaeyoung could swear that she was hearing the lyrics to one of her favorite songs by Frankie Valli playing from inside. The two finally walked into the main party venue and the blonde looked around in complete awe. This was like grabbing every single rich person in Korea and placing them into one room.

 

Chaeyoung could see producers, fashion line CEOs, inheritors, and even famous K-POP artists.

 

It was like a completely different world in comparison to what she was brought up to.

 

Chanyeol was instantly greeted by some of the guests as he was well known throughout the business industry. The two finally sat down at an empty table that was facing directly to the stage. Chaeyoung was waiting for Lisa to make a grand appearance so the younger did not feel too much out of place. “Hold on tight there – I am just going to get us a drink. You want your usual?” Chanyeol asked; taking off his jacket and putting it on the back of the chair.

 

The blonde nodded.

 

“Whoever is singing has an amazing singing voice… their melodies match well with the rhythm of the song.” she thought to herself.

 

Chaeyoung then looked up to the stage and her eyes widened in complete shock.

 

There stood Jennie Kim on that stage singing the lyrics to one of her favorite songs. THE Jennie Kim who broke her heart into a million pieces. Chaeyoung’s body completely froze. She could not move her eyes from the stage and her whole body was internally hyperventilating. That is when the song comes to an end and the lights come back on for the whole venue. Jennie looked into the crowd one last time – but caught eyes with a very shocked Park Chaeyoung.

 

The two looked at another for what felt like forever. Jennie was out of breath from the performance and was breathing heavily.

 

Chaeyoung could not move properly. This was a moment where her whole body had frozen.

 

Jennie… on that stage.

 

This had to be some sort of nightmare, right?

 

Luckily enough for the both of them; Jennie broke the awkward eye contact by exiting the stage.

 

Chanyeol returned to the table with two drinks. Chaeyoung took her own and drank it as quickly as she possibly could.

 

It was going to be a long night indeed.

 

“There she is… the legendary Roseanne Park.” the voice of Lisa could be heard as two girls sat down at their table. “You look stunning by the way.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her best friend before turning her attention to Jisoo. “Jisoo, right? My name is Chaeyoung… I am Lisa’s long time best friend.”

 

“You can call me Roseanne, Rosé, or even Rosie. Whatever floats your boat.”

 

Jisoo smiled and shook the blonde girl’s hand. “I have heard so much about you… it’s great to finally meet you.”

 

Jisoo then turned her attention to Chanyeol who was once an actor on one of  her past sets. Chaeyoung did not hesitate to stump Lisa’s foot from under the table. The Thai girl jumped up in shock and looked at the younger. “Whydidyounottellmethatjenniewasgoingtobehere?” she said so low and so quick that nobody around her could hear.

 

“I did not know how to break it to you-”

 

“Still?!”

 

“Rosie… this is Jennie’s party.”

 

Chaeyoung put her hands over in shock. She could not believe what she was hearing.

 

Also, she was not entirely shocked as the whole party did read ‘Jennie’ all over it. Yet – this was way too much news to comprehend. She was attending her ex-girlfriend’s party. The girl who broke her heart. None of this added up what so ever and she wanted clear as day answers.

 

1. Why didn’t Lisa tell her?

2. Why has she not run out for her life yet?

3. Why was Harry Styles sat right next to her?

 

“Hello. Rosie, right?” the British superstar smiled. “I have heard all about you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter