16 The past

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - Spica - Tonight

"Love Deity?" you bowed to her instantly. She was way above your rank as a cupid.

"Don't worry Seol, you don't need to be all formal with me. I am different."

"Shall we begin?" with just a snap of her finger, both of you were teleported into a cafe. Your eyes were widened. Her power indeed was powerful. You were sitting across her now, she was sipping her watermelon juice with her longs legs crossing at her knees.

​​​​​​"Are you ready to know about your past?" 

"Ne"

 

 

There was a prince named Byun Baekhyun. He was a diligent prince, waiting to be throned. Living everyday like a prince was not difficult, he could handle himself well, skillful at everything that you could name it, sports, academic, speech and even at war. People respected Baekhyun to be the next King and already accepted him as one. 

However, there was one thing that piqued his interest lately. The King's Medical Minister's daughter visited the palace during a formal meeting. She came to bring a news to her father directly without any help from the middleman. She did not interrupt the meeting but waited outside of the palace with her followers. The sullen look on hers already showed that it was going to be a bad news. Baekhyun was somehow interested in her by how she looked and the way she presented herself to her father with respect. In addition, her voice sounded like music to his ears. 

She came again the next day but this time, a smile escaped her lips when she reached the palace to deliver a good news to her father. Since the formal meeting between different ministers from different departments would take up to a few days, the daughter was worried because her mother was sick at home without the presence of the father hence she felt the responsibility to deliver what the father should know immediately.

After meeting her father, she decided to leave but bumped into the prince. She had no idea how the prince looked like so she just simply apologized, thought that she was the same age as him. He didn't appeared to look like one, wearing the normal korean jacket and slacks and not some flashy ones the prince would wear on daily basis. On the other hand, she was wearing a proper hanbok with floral patterns and a norigae that showed she was from a higher rank family. 

"I'm sorry" just flashing her smile would make him flustered. He didn't know how to respond so he stretched his arm to prevent her from walking further. Two of her followers were confused by this man infront of her. 

"Name?" Baekhyun asked

"Don't you know her? She is the-" one of her followers replied when she stopped them for being rude to a lower rank people. 

"Han Seol. My name is Han Seol" upon hearing her name, the corner of Baekhyun lips lifted into a smile. There's this thing in his stomach, he didn't know how to explain. For the first time in his life, his stomach churned when a girl talked to him. Han Seol excused herself after that. 

Since that day onwards, Baekhyun waited and expected her presence but Han Seol no longer step into the palace. 

Han Seol was born and ranked as a higher status because her father worked for the King. Being the Medical Minister was a gifted and honourable position from her grandfather to her father. To describe Han Seol, she was just a normal human being. She was diligent and hardworking but she couldn't do much as female still strongly discriminated by the nation. Sometimes, she sneaked out and went to study from people offering free education or disguised as a boy just to attend classes. She wanted to study instead of staying at home, learn to sew clothes and paint. She was not interested in any of that. 

One day, she disguised as a boy again to attend an English class. Ever since the American came as traders, many Americans were found in the land of Korea so they started to offer free classes for students to learn. However, priorities were given to male so Seol had no choice but to disguise as one. And this time, she was bold to go alone without her followers. 

She sneaked into the class from the back and managed to get a place. A few moments later, a boy joined her last minute, sharing a table with him. He nudged her so she would scoot a little to the left because she took all the space right behind the table. She scooted closer to the left and turned to look at him. That boy's expression was monotonous and she couldn't read him but both stared at one another for quite some time. The girl started to doubt if the sideburns she pasted fell from her face or he realised she wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter