22 Daffodil

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - Yumi - Star (Byul)

"Jaehyun... What if tomorrow is my last day? What do you want to do with me?" you asked. 

His immediate reaction was not what you'd expected. It was like seeing his heart dropped. He was staring at you blankly when earlier he was smiling warmly at how you ate the food he made. He didn't looked pleased. It was as if he knew somehow this day will come and you would leave as promised just like his nightmare today. 

"What if it's true? How am I going to live without you?" he replied in a serious tone. As much as you didn't expect this kind of reply, you didn't really expect to see him being all serious, knowing Jaehyun was always playful around you.

"We..." you sighed and then you continued, "we all are learning to live and sometimes we learn to let things go too" you told him while forcing a smile. Just then, the present box that you were supposed to give him the other day caught your eyes. It was on the coffee table infront of the TV. The pill was still inside the box. You sighed and turned to him.

"Let's list it down, what you wanted to do with me" 

"No.1 Stargazing, Oh, no.2 Eating ice cream" you were trying to lift the mood up, your eyes averted from typing your notes in your phone to his face but he didn't show any expression. 

"No.3 Have with me" he commented with his straight face that you scowled. This boy... He didn't even try to make you feel better. Tomorrow is really your last day though. He stood from his seat and went to wash dishes. 

Does he care that you are leaving? Does he even know what situation you are in? You couldn't blame him any further, he shouldn't know about this. But one thing you were sure of, he loves you and it's genuine.

"You are not leaving, if you leave, take me with you" he said while washing the plates. 

Those words... those words he just uttered. This boy could say that so easily. But somehow when he said it, it felt like needle poking into your heart. Those words seemed illogical yet meaningful in a strange way. It was as if he became mature in that moment. It felt so painful that brought tears to your eyes. You were sitting on the chair at the dining table while he was washing dishes at the sink in the kitchen. Jaehyun's shoulder was full of burden. His family was already an issue, here right now and even in the past. When Yoonoh died lonely, Jaehyun had to live a lonely life too, exactly two lifetime because of the red thread that connected the both of you. It seemed to you that you were just a burden to him, adding more and more to his shoulder. Jaehyun didn't deserve this kind of treatment. He deserved something better.

You approached him from the back, poking him lightly.

"Are you angry?"

"Aniyo" he replied, focusing on the dishes. 

"Let's-"

"Get ready, we are going out later" he said, turning to face you. 

 

 

Jaehyun said he wanted to bring you to somewhere quite far from here so you told Jaehyun to stop by your house. You wanted to get some clothes and perhaps see Baekhyun for the very last time before you leave.

You got into the house but it was empty. You switched on the lights and took off your shoes. You quickly changed into a new set of clothes, just a simple plain white t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans. You took some extra clothes in case and put it into your school bag. You also brought along the scissors given by the deity.

This would be your last time being here. To be honest, it would be awkward to meet Baekhyun again but no matter what he took good care of you all these years. In a way, you didn't think he would be able to redeem himself. You were reluctant to forgive him. He killed someone you loved and he lied all this while. You had decided not to forgive him... 

You pasted a note on the dining table along with a plant for him. You bought Daffodil in a pot earlier on the way here. It symbolised as 'a new beginning'. Instead of living a life like this, Baekhyun should change and lead to a new life without you. Those years were too long, you might not be able to forgive him but you would try and thus he should try forgetting you too. When you were about to leave, the door was clicked open, revealing Baekhyun in his working suit. 

His eyes were widened when he saw you. A few days without you worried him to death but he didn't dare to call nor text you, knowing that you met the Love Deity meant you knew about the past. He wasn't allowed to tell you any details on this. 

He strode towards you and hugged you tightly that you gasped. He sighed in relief, you were finally back home. He really thought you would leave him in the end... 

"I missed you" he said and released you while checking your face. You were just forcing a smile, not accustomed to his touch. The smile on his face reminded you of the King, your husband that you resented. 

"Are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter