19 Back to present

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - Naby - If

The Royal wedding ceremony proceeded after Seol's father was released. She moved to live with the Prince in the palace. From then onwards, she no longer came back to her own residence. 

Seol had changed. From a friendly person to a completely submissive wife to the Prince. She became really quiet, distant and reserved. She regretted her decision and felt guilty for leaving Yoonoh but she had to stay strong and believe that Yoonoh was well without her and he had to be safe no matter what. 

During the first night after the wedding, she was scared. A red veil was draped around her head, sitting on the bed while waiting for the Prince. When the Prince came into the room, she shut her eyes tightly, fidgeting. He approached her and removed the veil. He found her closing her eyes and she was trembling. He lifted her chin up with his thumb and she finally opened her eyes slowly when he didn't do anything but still holding her. He leaned in that she jerked backwards and blinked effortlessly. She was not ready to open her heart to the Prince...

He leaned in, closer to her and planted a soft kiss on her lips that were sealed. She closed her eyes after that, ready to do everything he wanted. He leaned closer now and he went on top of her, pinning her against the bed with both hands grabbed tightly on Seol's wrists. Her face was turned to the side when he was that close. She was scared, body trembling in fear.

The Prince didn't do anything and released her after that. He sat on the side of the bed, sighing. He didn't want to force her. Seol turned her body to the other side so that her back would be facing him. She started crying, it felt like sleeping with a stranger...

"Don't worry, Seol" he murmured, trying to comfort his own wife by patting on her back softly. In a way, he felt like a jerk. He killed Yoonoh but he didn't let her know about it. Shrugging it off, he laid right next to her and turned his body so that his front would be facing Seol's back. The only thing he could do was to comfort her. She was scared.

"I love you" he shifted closer to her and hugged his wife tightly from the back. His warmth was transferred to her body but it wasn't warmth that she was looking for. This one was unusually different and unfamiliar.

 

 

She was there, always there when Baekhyun was throned to be the King. She had been with him for eight years after that, not knowing where Yoonoh had ended up. She didn't dare to look for him because she didn't want to hear any bad news about him. She prayed for only good ones. Her heart still belongs to him and not anyone else.

She couldn't give birth to a new prince not because she was not able to. It was her reluctance to sleep with the King. Even after so many years spending time together, she still couldn't do it. She only managed to view him as a friend who helped her when she needed help.

Due to this, the nation viewed her differently, they were all waiting for a new prince. They didn't welcome her as the Queen. Rumours revolved around her, being a scary woman or the type that controlled her husband. It was surprising because this King was loyal to his one and only wife, Han Seol. He never marry anyone else after that. Seol never really cared any of that because her soul was not here. It was somewhere else, perhaps a place that was far from here. A place she wanted to go with Yoonoh and never come back.

Seol did all her duties as the Queen. She stopped studying and even started painting that she had never done before. 8 years passed just like that, being a person who never enjoy life but trapped in an almost-like dungeon. She cried sometimes in the middle of the night, thinking about her decision. Baekhyun knew about this, it happened when he wanted to enter the room. All he did was comforting his wife. He had to say it wasn't a happy marriage. He got everything he wanted, the woman, the power but he himself wasn't happy at all. 

One day, during an informal meeting among the King and the ministers, somehow the subject about the the death of the previous education minister was brought up. As if it was about time for Seol to know after 8 years, right after she halted infront of the room, the King told the ministers that the entire family was beheaded and he contributed by killing their only son. 

Seol's eyes were widened. Her hands balled into fists. She was not convinced at first, decided to trust Baekhyun but when Yoonoh's name was mentioned, she barged into the room. 

"I-Is it true?" she gasped, asking the King. All ministers turned to the Queen at once. They never really heard the Queen say something. She was on the verge of tears now, she felt betrayed. She submitted herself to the King for 8 years but he didn't keep his promise to let Yoonoh live. 

Seeing the King didn't reply, she expected the answer to be 'yes'. He killed Yoonoh. She turned around and ran to her room in the King's residence. She burst into tears, cried endlessly. Her heart was broken, completely broken now. She was devastated to accept the truth. If only she decided to leave with Yoonoh that day, things wouldn't have come to this.

It was only her cryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter