15 Red thread

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - The Rose - She's in the rain

"You spent a day with a human?" one of Baekhyun's brows was lifted. The question was directed to you but Baekhyun's eyes fixated on Jaehyun. He looked displeased. 

"How could you..." Baekhyun said as if you betrayed him. 

"Who is he?" Jaehyun turned to you. Of course you wanted to say Baekhyun was just a friend but Baekhyun intervened. 

"What do you think? We live under the same roof" Baekhyun stated as if you were his girlfriend. Jaehyun was still staring at you, he wanted to get the answer from you and not from Baekhyun. He didn't want to believe Baekhyun but his gut said otherwise.

"He is just a friend. Jaehyun, you should leave now" you told him, eyes pleading him to leave before Baekhyun does something. 

"Friend?" Baekhyun questioned you and walked his way to Jaehyun, grabbed his collar forcefully. His jaw was clenching. 

"Have you taken the pill? Do you know Seol will die if you don't take it?" Baekhyun was fuming. You gasped and stopped Baekhyun instantly. You were grasping his sleeve now. "Seol is not a human" 

"Why are you telling this to him?" you said, almost shouting and your brows were knitted. You didn't expect Baekhyun would disclose such information to a human. At least not to Jaehyun. You didn't want him to know. 

"Is it true?" Jaehyun turned to you. His expression turned into a worried one. That was why you cried when you gave him the pill? 

"No. You should leave now, Jaehyun" you denied and tugged on Baekhyun's shirt to stop him from hurting Jaehyun or confusing him. 

It was still drizzling, the three of you were soaked, remained in that position. Baekhyun was still grabbing Jaehyun's collar. At that moment, Baekhyun wanted to kill Jaehyun. He just wouldn't get it. Even in this life, in the end, you chose Jaehyun over himself. 

"Your feelings. They are not real" Baekhyun turned to you after that. If he couldn't hurt Jaehyun, at least he should break your heart. "It's fake. You were the one who shot it. It wouldn't make sense if he really likes you. It was just the effect of the arrow of love" Baekhyun told you, blunt that a tear rolled down your cheek.

Yes, in a way, that might be true. You were not Jaehyun's first love to begin with. You knew that when you met the Matchmaker Deity. He was supposed to remain single in this life and just because of the mistake you made, he was in love with you. No matter what, right now, you refused to learn about that fact.

"What do you mean?" Jaehyun was bewildered. He didn't understand the slightest of your conversation with Baekhyun.

"So what" you retorted, fuming at Baekhyun. You were angry when he said that to you and the fact that he was grabbing Jaehyun's collar. You didn't like it although Baekhyun was your friend. Moreover, he was disclosing the secret as cupid to Jaehyun was surprising to you. This was not the Baekhyun you used to know. You were somehow certain and convinced that maybe the past had something to do with Baekhyun and Jaehyun. That explained why Baekhyun was this angry.

"Let go of Jaehyun" your tone turned stern, infuriating. You tried to pry Baekhyun's hands away from Jaehyun's collar but he flung your hand away, maybe a little too hard because the ring around his ring finger acidentally grazed against your cheek. You lost balance because the rain was getting more heavy that you slipped and fell on your . You looked up at Baekhyun, felt a little disappointed by how he treated you. Jaehyun pushed Baekhyun away to reach you.

"Seol, your cheek is bleeding" Jaehyun told you and you brought your hand up, forefinger touching your skin. 

"It's okay, I'm fine. Jaehyun, can you go now?" you asked Jaehyun, eyes were sincerely pleading him to leave so that you could settle this problem with Baekhyun alone. He was hesitant at first. This guy is behaving like this towards Seol. He didn't like it at all especially when he mentioned you stayed at the same house with him, but now he was somehow convinced you were not his girlfriend or anything. He preferred to believe what you said, just a friend and no more.

Jaehyun stood and sauntered towards his car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter