Chapter 9

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In one of the fanciest hotels in Seoul, Chaeyoung and Mina walked into the hall holding hands. They weren’t officially together but all the signs and looks indicate that the two are in love. From their smile, eyes, and aura everyone was staring at these two. They caught attention more than the main couple that was busy with each other.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was in awe because of the decoration. Seven round tables were full of food and side dishes. He didn’t even notice Mina’s friends until Rose came to greet them.

“Hi” she flirted as she kissed Chaeyoung’s cheek making the latter shy “you look so handsome”

Mina rolled her eyes and she tightened her hand in Chaeyoung’s “you look pretty too Rose” he said between gritted teeth “now excuse us we will greet Tzuyu and Taehyung”   

Chaeyoung smiled to himself at Mina’s obvious jealousy “congratulations” they said as they shook hands with Taehyung and Tzuyu “I wish you the best” Chaeyoung added.

After they greeted the bridegroom’s parents, they finally got the chance to sit “of the engagement like this, what they would do on their wedding?” he stated making Mina chuckle.

“Tzuyu’s parents are doctors while Taehyung’s parents are engineers” she replied “so it’s expected the party to be this fancy”

Chaeyoung hummed, his eyes stared right into Mina’s “did I ever tell you that your eyes are so captivating and beautiful?”

“Are they?” she asked shyly.

Chaeyoung nodded “They shine and sparkle when I look into them” he smiled “mesmerizing” he softly whispered.

Mina swore she wanted to escape with him to somewhere far so she can too drown in his eyes “thank you, I don’t know what to say” she shyly smiled “I-“

“So how have you been Chaeyoungie?” Rose said as she sat next to him, she caressed his cheek as she forced him to look at her “you didn’t follow me back on Instagram” she pouted “but it’s okay I won’t get mad at you”

Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly at her as she kept talking non-stop until Mina got up and held his hand “I am sorry Rose but today Chaeyoung is my partner now excuse us I love this song” she spat while dragging Chaeyoung away.

Elton John - Can You Feel the Love Tonight was playing in the background.

The two stood in front of each other, Chaeyoung’s hands naturally went to her waist while she wrapped her hands around his neck. Her thumbs caressing his soft skin while she pulled him closer “Thank you for saving me from her” he said putting a strand of Mina’s hair behind her ear “she is a nightmare”

Mina smiled “anytime, Son Chaeyoung”

Chaeyoung for a moment forgot everything, he pulled her closer and inhaled her scent that he adores. He wishes she won’t ever change her addicting perfume.

~~

The night ended faster than they wished. Chaeyoung parked the car in front of Kitano’s mansion. He handed her the keys before rubbing his nape nervously. “it was hilarious when Taehyung got drunk” he said making Mina laugh.

“And how Tzuyu took off her shoes while dancing. They really love each other”

Chaeyoung hummed “sleep well, luckily tomorrow is Sunday and it’s our off-day”

“Yes,” Mina smiled.

“So, good night, I will take a taxi and leave” he bowed before he walked away.

Mina put her hand on her heart and took a deep breath before she walked into the mansion. She was shocked when she saw her father still awake.

“Father, you are still awake?” she said sitting next to him.

The old man was still in his suit too, he looked at his daughter with an intense stare “when were you deciding to tell me that you officially broke up with Jimin?”

Mina yelped “it’s the right decision father. I no longer want to be with him?”

“Why?” he yelled a bit.

Mina closed her eyes and sighed, if she tells him the truth he might break down and collapse. She can’t do this. She put her hand on his “I am very happy without him dad. Please understand me”

“No no, you two meet and fix everything”

“No” Mina replied “I don’t want to”

Kitano was obviously unhappy, he got up and went upstairs before Mina followed him “dad be careful too, we are surrounded by untrustworthy people”

He hummed and went to his bedroom same as Mina who laid on her bed. She quickly changed into comfortable Pajama and called Chaeyoung who was about to sleep.

“Sorry for calling you at this hour, I needed to talk to someone” she apologized.

“No, it’s okay, what’s wrong?”

“My father asked why I broke up with Jimin and I froze, I didn’t say anything” she sighed “I can’t look at Sooae being nice to him. It makes me sick, what should I do?”

Chaeyoung was speechless, he felt the sadness in her voice “he needs to know the truth” he stated “before it’s too late of course”

Mina bit her lower lip “I can’t do this. My father might get a heart attack”

“If you don’t tell him to be careful now he might die later Mina” Chaeyoung sighed and sat back on his bed “I am sorry to be this harsh but I am telling you my sincere opinion”

Mina hummed “I will do it. We need to expose them”

Chaeyoung smiled to himself “glad to hear that Mina, now good night”  

“Good night”

Mina looked at her father’s picture on her phone and sighed “I will do this to protect you father, I am sorry”

~~

Past Midnight

Chaeyoung was in a deep sleep when his phone rang, he faintly answered without looking at the caller’s name.

“Hmm?” he barely spoke.

“Chaeyoung” Sohyun cried “please help me”

“Sohyun? What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung panicked.

“Bobby beat me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter