Chapter 17

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung faced Mina who was standing unpleasingly with folded arms “why are you here? What do you want?” she asks with frowned eyebrows.

“Answers,” he says calmly “why did you leave that day?”

Mina yelps and steps back this wasn’t the question she expected. She thought he will ask about Maria or anything else but from the beginning, Chaeyoung’s attention and care was only for Mina “I realized we can’t be together”

“You realized that alone?” he muted a bit “After everything we’ve been through?”

Mina yelped, she swore all she wanted to do is hug him and tells him how much she misses him but flashbacks of Jimin’s threats came to her mind. She can’t see Chaeyoung in danger because of her. She turned around and took a deep breath before she faced him “Chaeyoung I wish this won’t change anything. I don’t want to stay in your life and I don’t want you in mine. So please leave”

“You don’t love me anymore?” he asked. Earning and silent answer from her. “Or forget about me, what about the company? Your career?”

“I am fine here, raising my daughter away from everyone and she is mentally very healthy and that’s all I am asking for”

He frowns and shook his head in disappointment “I don’t understand you and your intentions but I am sure I will figure out everything soon” he warns before he leaves instantly.

Mina, on the other hand, collapsed on the floor. She wanted to scream, she clenched her fists and prayed that nothing bad will happen to Chaeyoung because she knows how evil Jimin became in the last few years.

She stood up and took a deep breath she wiped her tears and looked at her messy self in the mirror. She has to be strong for her daughter. She entered Maria’s room, the latter was sitting on the bed while pouting. Mina’s scolding always affects the younger, Mina couldn’t help but smile and sit next to her daughter.

“I am sorry for yelling at you” Mina soft-spoken and that was more than enough for Maria’s anger to fade “but next time don’t interrupt adult people and ask for my permission before doing anything, hm?”

“I just love this guy”

Mina smiled “you do?”

Maria innocently nodded.

“Tomorrow is Sunday, shall we go out me and you?” Mina asked as she pinched the younger’s nose earning a tight hug.

“Sleep next to me tonight, please” Maria grinned.

“Sure let’s brush our teeth and sleep”

~~

Sunday – Morning

To say that Maria was excited was an understatement. The latter woke up early followed by her mom who was now tying her shoes.

“Let’s go, mom!!” Maria chuckled and opened the front door just to see Chaeyoung about to knock.

“Good morning” he smiled at Maria. The latter looked back at her mother who is in a state of shock.

“Mom, can I hug him?”

Mina nodded as she closed the door not forgetting to mention the glare Chaeyoung’s earned. He carried Maria and smiled at Mina “so, you two are having a family day?”

“Yes,” Mina replied shortly.

“Can I join?”

Mina swore she wanted to kick Chaeyoung but she has to be collected in front of her daughter “yes mommy please~” Maria pouted, her arms were around Chaeyoung’s neck and Mina swore she never saw Maria staring at someone with those loving eyes of hers.

“Sure” Mina was about to pull out her keys but she got prevented by Chaeyoung “let’s go with my car,” he said already walking to his Chrysler.

After making sure Maria is safe in the backseat, Chaeyoung opened the door for Mina “ma’am” he smiled warmly at her but Mina wasn’t as happy as he was as she was anxious and looking around.

The three arrived at a restaurant, they had their eyes at Maria who was playing in the playground as they drank their morning coffee. Mina was doing her best to avoid Chaeyoung’s stares but she failed.

“Where is her father?” Chaeyoung asked the question she didn’t want to hear.

“I don’t know him”

Chaeyoung leaned in with a shocked expression “what do you mean?”

“I had a one-night stand with a stranger and I got pregnant. I couldn’t find him since then” she lied as she took a sip of her coffee.

Chaeyoung sat back with his disappointing gaze “you are lying, this is not you. You would never do it”

“What you are trying to say?” she stared at him with her usual confident eyes “Maria is not your daughter”

Chaeyoung clenched his jaw and stared at the latter who ran to her mother to drink som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter