Chapter 5

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late update :-( Now enjoy the 4k+ word chapter.

Like a guardian angel, as if it became Chaeyoung’s duty, he calls Mina whenever he can. Making sure she’s safe and sound after what happened. He appreciates that he never senses annoyance in her voice anymore when they talk. Even when she replies late to his messages, he appreciates that she takes time out of her day to text back. Surprisingly, contacting her made him feel better. It gave him some hope he could make up for what he did.

 

But now, he called her for a favor. Admittedly it took him an hour to make up his mind.

 

Chaeyoung was already in Pyeongchang-dong district, walking back and forth the street. He hesitated to call her, but he needed to. It was his only hope to get back on the right path. He put the phone up against his ear, taking a deep breath before she answered.

 

“Yes, Chaeyoung?”


 

“Good evening, sorry to bother you again, but I’m calling for a reason this time.” He muted a bit, messing with strands of his hair. “I kinda need a job, but I can’t find one. Do you think you can help me with that? I promise I will forever be in your debt.”


 

“Sure, I need your CV first. If you have it with you, you can come to my villa.”

 

“Coming.” Chaeyoung smiled happily and rushed to the nearest printer shop. He printed his CV, before riding his bike back to her villa, he felt his chest tighten as he stood in front of the entrance. Every second of the day, he regrets allowing himself to be convinced for a quick buck. He shook off the overwhelming emotions and pressed the doorbell button, waiting nervously. The door opened, and Chaeyoung’s lips parted as his eyes laid on Mina. Her maroon dress that ended before her knees and curled hair sent him into a trance. His eyes traveled down to her lips, it was as if the red lipstick was trying to lure him into a trap.


 

“Wow, you came fast.” She said as she put her earrings in a hurry and invited him in.

 

“I was nearby.” Chaeyoung shrugged it off, still mesmerized by her. He made sure to keep a safe distance between, afraid he’ll make her feel threatened by his presence. “You didn’t close the door.” She pointed out.


 

“I was afraid it would make you uncomfortable if I closed it.” He played with the strands of his hair again, eyes darting to the crime scene. He shut his eyelids, a flashback of that night attacked him. Mina watched him carefully, from his hands clenching and uneven breathing. “Hey, it’s okay. This time I’m sober, I can call the police if something does happen.” She smirked. “Anyways, where is your CV?”


 

It would be a lie if he said that it didn’t hurt to hear her say that. A small part of him had hoped the dynamic between them changed, but he understood he can’t push her to get over the trauma he caused. He handed her to the papers that Mina snatched from his hands, placing them on the counter.


 

“I will call you when I find something,” she said as she fixed her hair on the mirror “right now I have a dinner party. Jimin is now the COO of the company”

 

Chaeyoung frowned upon hearing this “you didn’t break up with him?”

 

Mina sighed angrily and stared at Chaeyoung “I have another plan in my mind and I think it’s none of your business or the purpose of your visit right now”

 

“I am sorry” Chaeyoung bowed his head “I came just to give you the CV. I didn’t include that I went to jail two times and I can work anything. A driver, bodyguard, even a gardener. I just need to make money”

 

Mina hummed and accompanied Chaeyoung to the front door. The latter was having a hard time looking at Mina because of how beautiful she looked “it was raining by the way”

 

Mina hummed and grabbed the umbrella by the door. Chaeyoung gently and humbly opened it up to her. He made sure to walk beside her as he was afraid that a raindrop might ruin her beauty. After making sure she is safely in the car he closed the umbrella and placed it in the trunk not caring about how wet he got. He waved his hand to Mina before he rode his bicycle. Mina watched him leaves with confused eyes, she started the car and drove off.

~~

 

Myoui’s mansion

 

The loud champagne popping sound echoed in the mansion’s dining room. Jimin was the spotlight of the night. The latter was elected to become the Chief Operations Officer of Kitano’s building company.

 

“Congratulations” Mina softly said as she emotionlessly leaned to leave a kiss on his cheek then hug him tight. Jimin was so excited and happy to notice how Mina was coldly staring at him as he was congratulated by her father, their family lawyer, and some of his friends. She examined Sooae’s expressions and touches as she congratulated the younger. Was it her mind-making scenarios or was it obvious that the two had between them?

 

She excused herself and rushed to the nearest bathroom, she put some water on her chest to make her feel better. She looked at herself in the mirror “you have to do this Mina, you must be strong” she cheered for herself before she went back to the dining room.

 

They were enjoying their meals when Jimin leaned to Mina “I miss you so much, let’s spend the night together”

 

Mina knows what Jimin meant but she wasn’t in a mood to do it with him. “I am on my period” she lied “how about Sunday?”

 

Jimin thought for a bit “I have another plan on Sunday” he said sadly.

 

“With who?” she asked.

 

“I am going hiking with a friend of mine,” he stated and Mina hummed.

 

Jimin took a sip of his wine, his eyes darted to SooAe. The latter smirked at him then held Kitano’s hand. The latter kissed her hand while Mina gripped the end of her dress tightly. She wished this party could end already.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Chaeyoung was on his bed, his parents were already sleeping peacefully while he was busy searching for random jobs from the internet. He jumped off his bed when Mina called him.

 

“Mina?”

 

“On Sunday, at six in the morning in front of my villa. I need you to help me with something and I will pay you some money”

 

“S-s-sure” he stuttered before she hung up.

~~

 

Sunday - Morning

 

Chaeyoung was sitting behind the steering wheel, he looked to his right where Mina was wearing sunglasses and had a cap on. Chaeyoung has never seen her in a casual outfit before but right now she looks very funny while lowering herself and looking around like some thief avoiding the police.

 

“Mina, the car’s windows are tinted. He won’t see us”

 

“I know but I am very worried, I’ve never done something like this before” she sat back and removed the sunglasses “and I gave you your money so you just have to follow him! Focus on driving only!”

 

“Fine fine” Chaeyoung rolled his eyes. The two froze when they saw Jimin leaving his house. He put a bag in the trunk and looked around before he got in the car and drove off. Chaeyoung started the car and followed him.

 

The ride was so long, Chaeyoung was an expert driver, and Mina can sense it. He made sure to not make Jimin notice as he keeps enough space between the two cars. Chaeyoung was waiting by the red light silently when he saw Mina sleeping. He took his jacket from the backseat and made sure to cover her. He smiled sadly at her, he can’t forgive himself for what he's done to her.

 

After driving for more than four hours they finally arrived at Sun cruise resort. Chaeyoung’s jaw almost dropped as he looked at the cruise shaped resort. It was January, the weather was so cold and snow-covered the whole land. Mina was busy watching Jimin entering the resort.

 

Chaeyoung’s groans brought her back to reality, he was stretching as he stood beside the car “now what boss?” he joked.

 

“We wait a bit because I don’t want him to see me”

 

“Great, can we wait inside because one I am freezing and secondly I need to pee so bad” he whispered the last part. Mina glared at him while he flashed her a cute smile showing her his deep dimple “please?”

 

Instead of replying, Mina walked to the resort but it looks like Jimin already went to his room. Chaeyoung headed to the restroom as Mina waited in the lobby. She made sure to wear the cap and the scarf, hiding her identity as much as she can.

 

“I want to reserve a twin-bedded room for one ni-” Mina was about to pull out her credit card when Chaeyoung showed and stood next to her.

 

“May I ask if room 365 is reserved?” he asked the front desk receptionist.

 

“What are you doing?” Mina whispered to him.

 

“Just wait and see” he smiled and waited for the receptionist.

 

“No sir it is not, it’s twin-bedded too”

 

“Wonderful~” he bowed his head “we will book it for one night”

 

Mina didn’t know why she followed his words. As if she was bewitched by him she paid and they headed to the room.

 

“I am waiting for an explanation!” Mina whined as they stood in front of room 365.

 

“This is our room” he pointed at his right “and this is Jimin’s room” he pointed at the room facing theirs.

 

“How come?” Mina asked confusingly.

 

“Let’s go in before we get caught” he opened the bedroom door and they stepped in “after I left the restroom I saw two housekeepers gossiping. So I eavesdropped on them, their manager came and told them to take food to Jimin’s room which is 364. So I searched for the hotel’s map they keep on the walls and” he looked around “you reserved the room facing his so we can watch him”

 

“Clever” that what Mina said “so you know how to use your brain sometimes”

 

Chaeyoung’s proud smile disappeared as he watched Mina head to the window after her cold behavior towards him. She watched the angry waves of the sea while he sat on his bed and stared at Mina blankly.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Jimin and SooAe were cuddling in the king-sized bed. Their bodies warmed each other as he played with her hair.

 

“Do you think your plan will work?” he asked.

 

“Trus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter