Chapter 18

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what felt like hours, Maria finally fell asleep between Mina’s arms. The latter put her precious daughter into her bed, she kisses her head softly as Chaeyoung silently watches the two by the bedroom door.

 

Chaeyoung and Mina can finally have their adult talk alone. The two were sitting in the living room drinking some tea.

 

“So Jimin gives you money monthly?” Chaeyouns asks.

 

Mina nods as a yes “I don’t spend them. Jimin forced me to leave Seoul, the company, and I sold all my properties”

 

Chaeyoung confusingly asked “why?” he couldn’t understand why Mina succumbed to Jimin’s orders “you are a successful young lawyer. You can manage companies easily. Why did you give up easily?”

 

Mina stared into Chaeyoung’s pleading eyes, she can’t believe that she can finally tell him the truth. She no longer wants to hide “because of you, I wanted to protect you” she soft-spoken before she cupped his face with her hands “he threatened me that he will kill you and I can’t live in a world you don’t existe in it”

 

Chaeyoung frowned before he abruptly got up he rubbed his face and walked back and forth before Mina held him “please calm down”

 

“That son of a ” Chaeyoung cursed, he looked at Mina’s eyes “and Maria is my daughter, right?” Chaeyoung was scared of her answer but he deeply knew the right answer.

 

Mina got teary-eyed as she slowly nodded “when I found out I was pregnant I wanted to contact you and tell you but he stopped me and even beat me so I can abort the child”

 

“Oh god” Chaeyoung sat on the couch as his legs gave up on him, his hands were shaking. He didn’t know the weight of the truth will be this hard and heavy on him. Mina knelt between his legs, she didn’t mind looking weak in front of him. He is the only person that can win over her and she can be vulnerable in front of him. Tears streamed on her cheeks. She held his hands “I am so sorry Chaeyoung, please forgive me” she apologized “I know you hate me and-”

 

“Shush” Chaeyoung smiled, he caressed her cheek “I won’t ever hate you” as much as he tried to hold back his tears he gave up and sobbed in front of her “ever since we met you suffered a lot because of me and I made your life miserable. I hate myself for that.”

 

Mina shook her head “I regret nothing, you are still the most amazing person I’ve ever known and I love you more than anything” she wiped his tears with her thumb “you taught me how to love and the meaning of sacrifices and changes. I love you so much for that”

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and sat back as he made Mina sit beside him “we will move out to my uncle’s house it’s the safest place for you and Maria. We will make Jimin and SooAe homeless. I promise you, you will get what they stole from you, trust me”

 

“I do” Mina replied while caressing his cheek, she leaned in and placed her head on his chest. She dreamed about doing that for a long time. Chaeyoung caressed her head and watched her slowly fall asleep. He carried her to her bed and covered her with the blanket.

 

Chaeyoung headed to Maria’s bedroom, he knelt next to her bed and watched her sleeping peacefully. He held her small hand and smiled “my angel” he said softly and leaned on the wall where he fell asleep.

 

~~

Morning

 

Mina woke up around six, she went to Maria’s room and smiled at the sight in front of her. She squat next to Chayeoung and caressed his cheek. The latter gasped and groaned in pain as his sleeping position was uncomfortable.

 

“Good morning” he said while stretching and leaving Maria’s room along with Mina “you won’t go to work anymore same as Maria. I want to keep you safe, a few men are guarding the house too”

 

Mina peeked out of the kitchen’s window and more than ten armed men were surrounding the house.

 

“And what’s your plan now?” Mina asked as she folded her arms “I am worried I won’t lie to you”

 

Chaeyoung’s held her shoulders and smiled “first I want to bring m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter