Chapter 7

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merry Christmas!!! ^_^ 

And surpriiise hehe...

Well, I hope you are all doing fine in this pandemic. I was tested positive three months ago but luckily it wasn't that hard or tiring. 

I am partly back to writing whenever I have free time. Enjoy the long chapter. (Not forgetting to mention that it was edited by A.P) <3

And please UPVOTE <3

______

SooAe watched Jimin light his sixth cigarette. He threw the lighter at the table and took a sip of his whiskey. She back hugged him as she sensually caressed his chest down to his toned abs. “Are you still mad about that guy?” She whispered into his ear “You should be happy. You got rid of her easily”

Jimin scoffed. “Yea, but I want to know who that guy is. He said that I also had a replacement. I’m sure he didn’t say this to spite me. I’m afraid that he knows about us/”

“How?” SooAe asked confusingly.

He turned to face her. “I want you to do something for me.”

“Anything.” She smirked.

A few minutes passed…

Jimin frowned when he looked at Chaeyoung’s picture “it’s him” he said before he threw the whiskey glass to the wall causing it to shatter into pieces “stupid Mina”

SooAe entered Mina’s room. To say that she’s uneasy is an understatement. Even though Mina has been staying at her villas for the past two weeks, she’s afraid that Men might come home suddenly. She searched for the blue file that the woman read countless times.

After what felt like hours of tearing up the room, she finally found it hidden in her closet. She searched for Son Chaeyoung’s picture and quickly took a picture of a mug shot, sending it to Jimin before leaving the room.

~

Chaeyoung parked Mina’s car in front of Seoul’s City Hall and turned off the engine. He leaned back into the driver's seat and sighed, while Mina tried to stifle her giggles. “What?”

“You look so nervous.” She pointed out. The car slightly shook as he bounced his leg and lost count of how many times he had sighed while driving.

“Me? Is that obvious?” Chaeyoung tried playing it cool, but yea, he was nervous. Who wouldn't be, when you’re about to meet people you know nothing about. People who are in a higher class. How would he fit in if he’s the black sheep? “How many people are exactly coming?”

“Ten people.”

He hummed as his eyes darted to a white moto coach bus. A range rover parked next to the bus, followed by another three fancy cars. Their loud engines echoed throughout the air as they parked. Again, a sigh slipped out. He used to drool over these kinds of cars, so why doesn’t he feel any excitement seeing them up close? Instead, embarrassment and nervousness replaced where it should be.

“They’re here. Let’s go greet them.” Mina said excitedly before she left the car.

Chaeyoung faked a cry before stepping out of the car and to the trunk to carry their bags. Luckily, he used to go camping when he was younger, giving him experience out in the woods. He had packed more camping equipment than clothing. Although, Mina said he didn’t need to since the site already had everything they needed. Still, he didn’t want to come unprepared just in case.

He brought a flashlight, extra jackets and blankets, a tactical knife, extra lighters, and hot packs.

The driver sparked a conversation with him as he helped put the luggage in the bus. There was some familiarity with the driver, he didn’t feel out of his comfort zone just by talking to him. Chaeyoung figured it was because they’re both from the lower class. Not that he minded, he was relieved.

Chaeyoung patted his wound. He fully recovered and can now move more comfortably without worrying if he’ll rip his stitches. The doctor told him he healed faster than normal. In which, Chaeyoung proudly credited Mina since she took care of him.

“Son, come here,” Mina called out his name. Just like a puppy being called back to its owner, Chaeyoung immediately walked to her side and bowed with a nervous smile plastered on his face. He examined their appearances. Their outfits only cost more than anything he owns. He compared his old jacket, pants, and beat up shoes to theirs. It made him feel ashamed and below par. Yet, Mina introduced him with a proud smile. “This is Son Chaeyoung, one of my good friends.”

There was no hint of embarrassment in her voice. This was one of the reasons why Chaeyoung admired her, she didn’t care much about classes. If you had a good heart, then it didn’t matter if you were rich or poor in her eyes. He wishes her friends have the same mindset.

“I am Kim Namjoon.” The man had a deep dimple like Chaeyoung. And, a smile that can make anyone feel welcomed.

“Yo.~ I’m Jackson. Nice to meet you, bro.” Chaeyoung bowed, but the sudden hug caught him off guard.

“I’m Tzuyu, but you can call me Chewy. This is my boyfriend, Taehyung.” The tall woman bowed elegantly. She’s the definition of beauty, he can tell that much just by looking. Chaeyoung would’ve fallen on his knees and bowed if he wasn’t brought here by Mina. Taehyung took a glance before going onto the bus with Namjoon and Jackson.

The rest of the group didn’t bother to introduce themselves. It didn’t hurt Chaeyoung’s pride as much as he thought it would. He still feels like an outsider to them all, despite them being welcoming.

“Let's go,” Mina said softly, nodding to the bus. Sat by the window, he took the seat next to her.

Chaeyoung didn’t know why he expected it to be quieter than it is now. Everyone was louder than the engine, they were worse than children (At least Chaeyoung thought so). Namjoon clapped his hands together and stood in the middle of the bus. “Okay, everyone listens up. As you all know, I planned this trip and will be the leader from now on. We’re going to Gyeonggi-do. It will take” He checked his watch. “-around three hours before we arrive at the location. I hope you all will enjoy this trip. If you need anything, just let me know.” He smiled, revealing his dimple yet again.

After the small speech was done, the bus finally drove off. Not so much time passed, but Chaeyoung was already getting bored of just sitting. He didn’t want to bother his mind or anyone else for that matter. As if he had the courage to try and conversate with them. ‘What would I even talk about?’ He settled his head into the palm of his hand and puffed his cheeks.

The two girls, who sat in front of them, peeked over their seats. “Hey, I didn’t have time to introduce myself. I’m Jennie, and this is Rosé.” She had fox-like eyes that scanned him from head to toe. It felt illegal to even breathe the same air as her.

“I’m Chaeyoung. It’s nice to meet both of you.” He smiled.

“Mina!~ It’s been so long since I saw you. What have you been doing?”

They started chatting with Mina about random things that didn’t catch Chaeyoung’s interest. Although, he caught the other woman, stealing glances. He concluded that maybe she doesn’t like him.

As time passed, he watched how they interacted with each other. From their gestures, mannerisms, slang, to their clothing and accessories. It only made him realize how he’s from a very different world from them. That he’s just a peasant in their eyes. But, it also made him realize how narrow-minded they can be. He just hopes this trip will end well and no one will bother him.

Mina nudged him. “Are you okay? How is your wound?”

“Fine” Chaeyoung shrugged. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“I’m happy to hear that.” She smiled warmly.

He returned the same smile and held eye contact with her before she broke it to look out the window. The ride gave Chaeyoung time to rest his mind a little, some time to relax his nerves. As he watched the scenery, he rediscovered how beautiful the country is. It’s been so long since he’s been this far out, he had forgotten how much he loved nature. He jumped as he felt Mina’s weight against his shoulder. He couldn’t help but grin, watching her finally be comfortable with him. It’s a tight rope Mina had to talk to put her trust in him. It wasn’t easy. Why would it be? He had patience waiting on the other side, waiting for her to come. Now that she’s close to reaching his hand, he already made himself a promise that he’ll protect Myoui Mina ‘till his final breath.

The bus arrived at the camping grounds. 

The air crisp and the sky painted shades of light blue with fluffy clouds that looked like cotton candy. It made Chaeyoung’s mouth hanging open, he’s mesmerized by every detail his eyes caught. From the trees that stood tall and green to the blades of the grass. He wished he had his sketchbook.

His admiration was cut off when Taehyung purposely bumped into him causing Chaeyoung’s phone to fall from his grip. “Don’t mind him. Tae is always like that with newcomers.” A short guy held his hand to me. “I’m Ten. This is my friend Lucas.”

“Wow.~ We have two shorties now.~” Lucas bent down, picking the phone up- “Nice, it’s not cracked.” -and handed it Chaeyoung.

“Hey, I’m older than you! Show some respect.” Ten punched the taller’s shoulder.

“Thank you both.” Chaeyoung humbly bowed. “I’m Chaeyoung. It’s nice to meet you.”

Ten already found a liking to the younger. Ready to spark a conversation before it was put to the ground as Namjoon gathered them together in one spot.

“There’s a problem.” Namjoon sighed. “The owner accidentally reserved six tents instead of seven. So, the partition is changed.” He adjusted his glasses while he looked at the chart.

“Tent one: Tzuyu and Taehyung

Tent two: Ten and Lucas

Tent three: Jackson and I

Tent four: Rosé and Jennie

Tent Five: Wonho and Shownu

I’m deeply sorry about this Mina, but you’ll have to share a tent with Mr.Son. I’m willing to trade if you want.”

Chaeyoung sighed, of course, something would go wrong, he thought. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable by forcing her to do something she didn’t have any control over.

“You two are friends so it’s fine. Is it not?” Jennie pointed at them.

“If I was in your shoes, Mina, I would sue the owner for making you sleep the same as that. Don’t worry though, I’m sure it can sleep outside.” Taehyung chuckled. “With that outfit, he’ll freeze to death.” He mocked. Tzuyu’s elbow hit his stomach. “What? I’m only saying what’s on everyone’s mind. Why is he even here?”

Now that hurt Chaeyoung’s pride a tad. Even he didn’t see that coming from a mile away. It felt like a punch in the stomach, being humiliated like that. Everyone knew what Taehyung was low, yet no one spoke up. Mina scoffed. “His name is Chaeyoung and he will sleep in the same tent as me. He won’t sleep anywhere else.” She grabbed his arm. “That was low. Even for you. Now, excuse us, we will be in our tent.”

Chaeyoung bowed his head multiple times before following Mina to the sixth tent on the right. He set their bags down and looked around. Unlike Mina, who’s pissed, he was still mesmerized by everything. Even by the tent.

“Is this a tent or a room?” He said in awe and sat on the bed, bouncing a few times. The childish behavior helped Mina become clear-headed.

“I’m sorry about what happened. Taehyung usually isn’t this cruel.” Mina pinched the bridge of her nose. “If he bothers you again, come to me. You’re here because of me, I also want you to have a good time. Oh.” She dug in her purse, pulling out a pill bottle. “Don’t forget your medicine.”

Chaeyoung hummed, taking it from her, and watched her exit the tent. He mentally took note. ‘Reason number 14, she’s very caring.’ He smiled shyly and followed her outside.

For lunch, he decided to sit alone at the picnic table out near the edge of the camp. He sat on top of the table and inhaled the air as if nothing had ever been so sweet. It reminded him of the times his mom and uncle would take him out camping in the summer. Fond memories that helped keep him falling from the edge. He’s excited to create new ones with her.

Chaeyoung glanced at Mina, who sat with her friends near the shed. Being able to see her unravel, made him feel happy. He hasn’t seen her laugh that loudly or smile like her cheeks would become sore, before. Small tigs snapped as someone approached, he looked to his side to see Rosé taking a seat beside him.

“Want to know something funny?”

He hummed in response.

“My real name is also Chaeyoung.”

“Oh, really?” He chuckled. “What a coincidence.”

Rosé handed him a granola bar, just to take a better look at his face. She’s surprised no agency tried snatching him yet. “Um, I wanted to apologize on behalf of Taehyung. I hope he hasn’t ruined your image of us. We’re aren’t like him.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter