Chapter 15

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 years passed…

The airplane flies above a cotton-cloud Earth. It rode through the sky as if it were on sleek and perfect tracks. The first-class section wasn’t crowded as always. On one of the seats sat Chaeyoung, wearing a black suit and he swept up his black hair. He took a sip of his coffee and kept scrolling on his tablet. Money really changed him and transformed him into a different person. He sat back and took a deep breath as he looked at a picture of Sooae and Jimin at a press conference. He watched the video of their interviews, he frowned when he saw Bobby behind the two. He became their bodyguard. Chaeyoung wondered how they trusted him again after everything happened.

He paused the video and stared at them blankly “I hope you two are ready for what’s waiting for you” he smirked before he turned off the tablet and closed his eyes for a small nap.

~~

The airplane lands upon the brightly lit tarmac, wheels kissing the earth with a small and joyous bounce. Chaeyoung opened his eyes and took a deep breath before he walked out of the airplane.

Finishing the paper didn’t take long, a suited man greeted him outside “welcome back sir” Minho, Chaeyoung trustful bodyguard and assistant said as he carried his bag.

“They don’t know I am here right?” Chaeyoung asked as he walked fast toward the parking lot.

“Nope sir, only Woozi knows”

“Where is he?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Waiting by the car” 

“Great”

The two arrived and stopped next to a black CHRYSLER 300 where Woozi was walking back and forth wearing a beige pant and striped shirt, not forget to mention his round glasses. Chaeyoung smiled at him, Woozi became Chaeyoung’s best friend and his right hand. They planned for many things in the last six years and they are ready to get Chaeyoung’s revenge.

“Brother!” Woozi gasped as he hugged Chaeyoung tightly “leaving for two complete years wasn’t a good idea, I miss you” said the shorter.

“I miss you too, now let’s leave before someone sees us”

The three hopped in the car as Minho drove off. Woozi was busy on his laptop.

“Okay so let’s talk about what will happen,” he said fixing his glasses. “Kitano’s building company is being managed by Halo management company which is secretly owned by you. We are responsible for marketing their rentals, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair issues, responding to tenant complaints, and even pursuing evictions. We also anonymously bought 20% of their share using different businessmen that work of us too”

“Wow” Minho commented. Chaeyoung was looking forward as he was tapping his finger on the door handle.

“Not forget to mention that my father works for them too and they don’t know yet that we are related. My father is planning to take all the bids from them” he muted a bit “using you”

“WHAT?” Chaeyoung yelled.

Woozi nodded slowly “he is planning on making you the CEO of our company”

Chaeyoung widened his eyes upon hearing this.

“Actually, I and my brothers didn’t mind. None of us worked like father and you are the capable one and we know you will succeed especially that in a short term of time you intelligently made so much money”

Chaeyoung loosened his necktie and took a deep breath “where are we heading now?”

“To meet Lee Soonjae”

Chaeyoung smiled “let’s go”

Meanwhile…

Pohang – 1:30 PM

In one of the city’s primary care clinics, the waiting room was flooded with people waiting for their appointment. Behind the desk sat Mina as she was busy on her computer and answering the endless phone calls.

“Hello, this is Pohang clinic… Yes, at nine… Thank you” she hung up and took a deep breath.

“You are such a good secretary; you are one of the reasons I come here” an old woman complimented “such a beautiful girl. God bless you”

Mina smiled shyly and put a strand of her hair behind her ear, growing up didn’t change anything. But she is defiantly more mature and prettier. She smiled at each person in the room before the doctor came out of his office. His appearance always makes women drool.

The white robe made his body looks more muscular and the glasses that make him manlier always attract everyone. He smiled at his patients before his eyes sparkled as he looked at Mina “Mina, can you come with me?” he asked and the latter nodded and followed him to his office.

“Yes, dr. Wonho?”

“You want to leave early, today right?” he asked.

Mina nodded “but I will come back I will just pic-“

“It’s okay” he smiled “I can take care of the patients you can leave and just give me the appointments book”

“Thank you so much” Mina said excitedly “I will stay overtime this week”

“It’s okay” he patted her shoulder “go”

Mina rushed to her desk and grabbed her coat and bag. She revved the engine of her car and drove off…

~~

Hannam

Chaeyoung stood by the river along with Minho and Woozi. The weather was cold and Woozi was the most affected as he was shaking “that’s why I hate leaving my room” he stated earning a glare from the other two.

Not so much passed and a black van parked next to them. An old man came out of it along with other four-man.

Their aura was so dark and mysterious but not to Chaeyoung “sir” he bowed.

“Come to my arms young man” said the older as he hugged Chaeyoung tightly “welcome back”

Chaeyoung’s flashback – 3 years ago

Chaeyoung can’t forget that day, after he got discharged from the military and rolled up in a universit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter