Chapter 16

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pohang – 10 AM

Chaeyoung parked his car in front of the clinic. He wore a white shirt and black pants. Looking fancy and simple at the same time. He took a deep breath and swept back his short black hair. To say that he was nervous is an understatement. He might be meeting Mina after 6 years… It has to be the hardest meeting in his life.

“Pohang clinic” he read before he entered the clinic.

He stopped by the door as he saw Mina sitting behind her desk, busy with her computer and appointments book. An old woman was standing in front of her blocking the view until her eyes met Chaeyoung’s.

As if time froze the two were lost in their memories, the last six years felt like six days now. He slowly walked to her desk. With every step, he takes a single memory was hitting them, from their abnormal first meeting, till their confession and kiss. Ignoring everyone in the waiting room, they kept staring at each other blankly until Mina cleared and looked down nervously when he stood in front of her.

“Mina, won’t you fill his file? He is a new patient” said the nurse as she noticed how Mina was uneasy and not her usual self.

“Your name, sir” Mina said as her eyes didn’t meet Chaeyoung’s who was standing in front of her with a light smile on his face.

“Son Chaeyoung” he replied but Mina already wrote that.

“Age?”

“Thirty-one”

“What are you suffering from, sir?” she asked and finally she was brave enough to look into his eyes now. She deeply knows that Chaeyoung is fine and he just came to see her but she wants him to leave as soon as possible to not put him in danger.

“My heart” he muted a bit “is hurting. I am in pain” he stated.

Mina frowned and wrote down what he said “you can wait for your turn right here,” she said offering him a seat and he sat in front of her. He couldn’t believe that a few inches separate him from her. He grabbed the old newspaper from the table that separated them. Wishing it can distract him but no, his eyes were focused on Mina and what she is doing. He would smile when the elderly would compliment her and how she would blush from time to time.

“It’s your turn” Said Mina “sir” she continued while staring at Chaeyoung who entered the doctor’s room.

Mina excused herself to the staff’s bathroom. She washed her face with cold water wishing this is a dream but no. The feeling in her heart are so real. She took a deep breath before leaving where she saw Chaeyoung waiting by the desk ready to pay. She passed by him as she went to the doctor’s room, wishing he will be gone when she leaves the room.

“What’s his condition?” Mina asked as she took the file from the desk.

Wonho took off his glasses and smiled “I guess he is just tired; his heart is in perfect condition but I wrote him some vitamins”

Mina nodded and was about to leave when Wonho asked “Are you okay? You look pale”

“I am fine” she smiled and left just to see Chaeyoung leaving. A sigh of relief left and she prayed she can continue the day with no mistakes and full concentration after what happened.

 

A few hours passed…

Mina left the clinic in a hurry and was about to open her car’s door when she saw Chaeyoung’s reflection on the glass. She turned to face him and she swore her legs were about to give up when she was this close to him.

“How are you?” he soft-spoken.

“I am fine” she replied as she avoided his eyes “how did you find me?”

“Is that what matters now?” he chuckled “it’s been six years-“

“Chaeyoung” she cut him off “leave! I beg you, I am happy on my own and I don’t want anything from my past!”

“Thing? I am a thing now?”

He rubbed his nape and frowned “why are you hiding? What’s the reason?”

Mina was about to fire back when Wonho interrupted them “is everything okay Mina?” he asked as he glared at Chaeyoung “you are the patient from the morning, is everything alright?”

Chaeyoung gritted his teeth and clenched his fist “and if things weren’t alright? What would you do?”

Wonho was about to step forward when Mina stopped him “Stop you two! He is an old friend and he was just saying hi, nothing serious”

She spoke as the two guys were still glaring at each other “okay I won’t leave until you drive off” said Wonho.

Mina rode her car and drove off followed by Chaeyoung who didn’t stop staring at Wonho.

~~

Mina rushed inside her house, not knowing that Chaeyoung was right behind her. He parked a few blocks away from her car, with heavy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter