Chapter 12

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Chaeyoung was having a hard time concentrating on his work was an understatement. He couldn’t stop thinking about last night and how he can’t face Mina and confess his love to her. He scrabbled randomly on the paper before he hit his head on the desk earning a gasp from his co-workers but he didn’t care. All he cares about now is Mina.

Meanwhile, the latter was in the meeting room, Sooae was sitting on the head of the long table along with Jimin and other partners.

“We will reveal the votes now,” said Sooae assistant as he unfolded a paper. Everyone had their eyes fixed on him as he smiled at them. Mina’s hands were shaking under the table. They just voted for the next CEO after her father’s passing. Mina closed her eyes in defeat. She wished she can disappear and run away. Everyone was clapping for Sooae who bowed to them, her eyes met Mina’s and she smirked.

“I’ll do my best and make the company better than before. And on this special day, I would like to announce something” Mina watched with observing eyes, what is this woman planning to “there is a special person that stood by my side through the hard time and I am sure he will always be there for me” she smiled as she held Jimin’s hand. The latter wasn’t expecting this he got up abruptly as the partners gossiped and looked at Mina who was frozen like a statue.

“What are you doing?” Jimin whispered “this wasn’t what we planned”

“I am making our love public so Bobby can’t have anything against us” she whispered back.

Mina excused herself and rushed to her office, she locked herself in the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror after washing her face. Wishing this is a nightmare but no, this is real.

She felt useless and weak. As if her father’s death destroyed her, she was hopeless and she didn’t know what to do. The person who supports her is gone, she is too young and inexperienced. Mina left the bathroom to see Sooae standing by the window. Mina stared at her blankly, the older was wearing a short dark red dress. Looking fiercely charming.

“I surprised you, right?” she said while facing Mina “unfortunately no one is here to defend you, no one saw you as the company’s CEO. You are too fragile to be one” Sooae smirked, she slowly walked to the younger who was speechless “I took everything from you, you have nothing” she spat.

With strength she didn’t know, Mina glared at the older “and I will take back what’s mine. I promise you” she smirked and leaned in “but for Jimin keep him, I don’t have interest in him anymore. But for this company and everything my father owned. I will take it back, if not now after a while”

Sooae yelped and stepped back “you are powerless honey; I am not scared of you”

Mina shrugged her shoulders and smirked “you should, honey”

Sooae rolled her eyes and left the office, Mina collapsed on the couch “oh god, please give me strength” she prayed as she cried alone.

~~

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was about to leave work when he saw the news about Mina’s elimination “oh my Mina” he whispered before rushing to her house. He ran to her front door and knocked multiple times. Mina opened the door in no time, she looked at him blankly before her eyes got full of tears.

“Chaeyoung” she cried as she hugged him tightly. The latter shushed her and caressed the back of her head.

“It’s okay baby girl” he cupped her face and wiped her tears with his thumbs before pulling her into a tight hug.

 

Not so much passed and the two laid on the couch, they covered their bodies with the blanket, Chaeyoung was back hugging Mina tightly as she silently cried.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter