Chapter 1

The Cursed Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My friend A.P was inspired by this song while writing the chapter ^_^:

Enjoy!~

Seoul’s Prison

“Today’s your release?” The officer stared at the inmate disgustingly, he never took a liking for the man. “Here, take your belongings, and don’t let us see your face again.” The man grabbed the bag before walking to the main gate. The first step outside felt different, the sun seemed brighter and sky clearer outside the barbed wire fence. The speckles of blood were stained onto his plain white shirt, as were his black pants. Somehow, the smell of alcohol and cigarettes still lingered on his clothing. The only difference now is that they’re smaller on him from gaining muscle mass since his time in prison.

A few whistles cut his thoughts off by a tall guy leaning against his car waiting for him. “You’re finally out.” He muted a bit. “Son Chaeyoung is finally out of prison!” He cheered as he hugged the smaller man.

“You're talking as if you’re my friend, Mr. Yoo.” Chaeyoung chuckled, slipping under his arms. “Remember, you’re the investigator who arrested me that night, sir.” Their friendship blossomed while Chaeyoung was in prison. Jeongyeon always took time out of his day to visit and fill the emptiness. “But you know that I prefer you over everyone. Plus, I know you’re a good person.” He pointed his finger at his chest. “And, you are my friend.”

Chaeyoung laughed. “Yea, a good person that beat his father. Are you sure I’m a good person?”

Jeongyeon frowned and held his shoulders tightly. “I believe in you. You’re free now! You can find a part-time job and enroll in a university. But, you need to promise me you won’t get involved in fights, please? You had four years to practice how to control your anger.” Chaeyoung bit the inside of his lower lip, “I can’t do that. They used to bully and beat me up there. I had to defend myself so they became like puppies in front of me. I’m sick of people looking down on me.” He spat out. “But, I’ll try to do my best.”

Despite Chaeyoung’s past, Jeongyeon always saw the good in his heart. He understood why he did what he did. So, he never judged his intentions. “Here let me drive you-” “-No, I want to walk around. I missed having freedom.”

“Take care of yourself then.” Jeongyeon smiled. “Remember, if you need anything just call me.”

Chaeyoung hummed in response, walking away from four years of hell. The sight of the busy street and the noise that came from it brought him comfort. The slop the prison served had made him forget how good food can smell. He pushed his black hair back and straightened his clothes before pressing the doorbell. The door opened, a girl jumped into his arms hugging him tightly. Her outstanding beauty could sweep anyone off their feet. Her clear skin, big round black eyes, and soft plump lips. “You have no idea how much I missed you, Sohyun.” Chaeyoung whispered, carrying her bridal style into the bedroom.


 

~~

 

Chaeyoung admired Sohyun’s body, he forgot how soft her skin was. Nothing changed, the way her lips moved in sync with his, her smile she reserved only for him. “I missed this.” Sohyun caressed his arm. “You became muscular.” He smiled shyly. “Being in solitary confinement made me work out all day. Now I’m strong, huh?” He topped her, boring into her eyes. “I love you, Kim Sohyun.” Their moment stopped as the doorbell rang. Chaeyoung swung the door open seeing it was his best friend. “Bobby!~ Did Sohyun tell you that I’m here?”

It surprised Bobby to see his face, almost not recognizing it was his old friend. "Yea, she sent me a text. So, I came immediately." He smiles awkwardly, lying straight through his teeth. "When did you get released?"

“A few hours ago.” Chaeyoung invited him, excitement shooting through the roof. He was happy to reunite with his pals.

“I see.” Bobby covered his eyes. “Can you wear a shirt? Looking at you shirtless disgusts me.” He joked, earning a punch on his shoulder. “I’m going to take a shower and leave. I need to face my parents.” Chaeyoung patted Bobby’s head and headed to the bathroom. Sohyun and Bobby smirked, staring at each other. The intensity grew as the two kept their hands off each other.

~~

A few hours passed…

Kim Jiwon and Son Chaeyoung had met five years ago at a club. Since then, Chaeyoung had thought their friendship was destined to be. They instantly clicked on everything. If something was bothering him, Bobby always offered to cheer him up. Although Chaeyoung’s mother disapproved of Bobby and Sohyun. It never bothered him, he would still choose to follow them until the world ended.

Chaeyoung held his breath as he stood frozen in front of the door. The police sirens and yelling came back in waves, dragging him down into the void. Before he could lay reach for the doorknob, his mother opened it, hugging him tightly as she cried. Her wrinkles became more visible and hair turning grey, yet still, she’s beautiful in his eyes. “I'm finally back.” Chaeyoung whispered. This is what home is supposed to feel like, he thought. Her grip tightened on his shirt with each word. Until they heard his father’s voice from inside. Chaeyoung sighed and gathered all his courage before entering.

The house is small but cozy. It consists of a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and two small bedrooms. Chaeyoung never had the best memories attached to the place, but thanks to his mom it felt like home.

Neither reacted to each other’s presence nor dare to make eye contact. “Hello, father.” Chaeyoung bowed his head. “My useless son is back, huh? What will you do this time? Kill me?” His mother patted his shoulder. “Go to your room. I’ll prepare dinner for you and your father.” He unclenched his fists and obeyed her.



 

The bedroom was left untouched. The same posters of kpop groups still hung, as well the action figures still in the same position on the desk. Chaeyoung laid back on the bed. That night played vividly in his head. He can still see his mother’s petrified eyes begging for him to stop.


 

That day, Chaeyoung was beyond stressed and under pressure. All his peers had abandoned him to finish the project last minute, his boss was ready to fire him from his part-time job. Coming home to see his mother serve five men, including his father, was the last straw. They played poker as they smoked and got drunk off their asses. Everything turned red seeing a hand-print on her cheek. Chaeyoung was driven by anger when he decided to put a stop.

 

He flipped the table, the poker chips flew in the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter