Eight

Young Love, High School Love (Discontinued)

Today Nu’est Boys went to school without JR. JR is still hospitalizing. He got pneumonia after he was inside the pond for too long while he was already having high fever.

[ In Class ]

Yuna was curious of JR’s absence. She wondered if he has gone to fight again.

Today before class ended, Aron went to her and asked to have a private talk.

“If you don’t mind, can we have a talk?” Aron went to her desk and asked.

“Wh-what do you want to talk?” Yuna was surprised and worried at the same time.

“I won’t bully you. Go with me!” Aron said then left.

Yuna was still scared but she decided to go with him.

[ At School’s Play Yard ]

“What do you want to talk with me?” Yuna started the conversation first.

“Can you tell me about this necklace?” Aron took out the necklace to show her.

“My necklace? Why is it with you?” Yuna got surprised to see her necklace with Aron.

“JR was finding it inside the pond for you yesterday. He was having a high fever but still spending a long time inside the pond to find this necklace then ended up fainting. He has been hospitalizing since yesterday. That’s why he doesn’t come to school today.” Aron told and Yuna became so shocked.

“He found it for me?” Yuna couldn’t believe this.

“I’ll give you back but tell me about this necklace! Why is it important to you?” Aron asked.

“Because my grandma gave it to me since I was small. She told me to keep it but refused to tell me who is the owner. I think it might have something related to my mom so I want to keep in safe.” she answered.

“Can you tell me about your mom? Why are you finding her?” he continued asking.

“Hmm I don’t know about her too. I was grown up by my grandma and after she passed away, my father took me to stay with his family in Seoul. Nobody ever tells me about my mom. They’re trying to hide it from me for some reasons so I have to try to find out by myself.” she answered.

“So your mom left you since you were small?” he asked.

“Kind of! Well, I don’t really know what exactly happened in the past that’s why I’m finding out.” she replied.

“How about your father’s new family? How do they treat you? Do they treat you like Yuri do?” -Aron-

“Hmm… what should I say? Maybe they don’t like me. I’m sorry but I shouldn’t say more about them. Can you give my necklace back now?” Yuna showed that she didn’t want to reveal her father’s family’s real face so Aron dared not to insist too.

“Alright, if you don’t want to say! Here you go.” Aron handed the necklace to her back.

“Oh by the way, you’d better go to see JR. He’s in this situation because of you. He’s staying at Seoul Central Hospital.” Aron said then left.

Yuna felt sorry because JR got fever because of jumping to help her that day and ended up becoming serious like this because of finding her necklace. She decided to go to see him after class.

-----

After class, she tried to escape Minhyun and left school quickly. She went to flower shop to buy some flower to visit JR at hospital.

“Should I buy anything else? How about some fruits? Yes I should buy some fruits but what does he like?” Yuna was lost, wandering inside convenience store.

-----

[ At Hospital ]

Nu’est Boys went to visit JR at hospital. They were asking why he ended up in such condition then JR told everything.

“So you risked your life to go to find the necklace for her? Why would you do this?” Ren was surprised.

“Don’t be confused! I did it because Yuri caused the problem. It’s her precious thing and I don’t want she blame everything on Yuri.” JR tried to lie.

“You really did it for Yuri’s sake not Yuna?” Baekho asked.

“Why would I do that for that silly girl?” JR quickly responded.

“Good then! I already gave that necklace to her back.” Aron said.

“Good! I’m not owing her anything.” JR acted like he didn’t care at all.

“It’s a relief. If you did this because of liking her, I don’t really know how our friendship would end up.” Minhyun started talking.

“Why would I like that girl? I don’t have poor eyes like you. Silly and useless, not my type!” JR replied.

“Good! Mark your word!” Minhyun seriously warned.

“Hey, it’s not a big deal. JR will never like her. He loves Yuri so much. Don’t think too much, Minhyun!” Ren tried to cheer up the uncomfortable atmosphere between JR and Minhyun.

“Alright alright! Let’s leave! I’m so hungry now. Maybe JR’s older sister will come to take care of him soon. Let’s leave!” Baekho joined hand with Ren to prevent the tension.

Then they left JR alone.

(While they were talking earlier, Yuna entered the room and was standing near the door. She unintentionally heard their conversation. When they were about to leave, she rushed to leave the room not letting them to see. Yuna felt upset with JR’s answer for no reason. After building up her feeling already, she entered JR’s room again.)

-----

[ In JR’s Room ]

“Noona(older sister), you come now? I have no power. Hurry come and feed me!” JR heard the opening sound of the door and thought it was his sister.

“Yu-na?” JR got shocked to see that it was Yuna.

“You come?” -JR-

“Yes I heard you’re hospitalizing and it’s because of finding my necklace so I want to see you if you’re getting better now.” she stood still.

“Come in!” JR called her in.

“I’d like to say thank you and I’ve some flower and fruits…” she slowly put it on the desk next to his bed.

“I think I should leave now.” she said then bowed, turning back ready to leave.

“Is this the way you visit patient at hospital? Is it what you do to someone who helped you?” JR shouted.

“I… I thought I would disturb you if I stay here longer and I don’t know what to do here either.” she replied.

“I wanna eat your fruits. Cut it for me!” he said.

“Oh… fine then!” Yuna came back, washed the fruits and cut for him.

“Here you go!” she handed a plate of fruit to him.

JR took it and ate.

“Then I’m leaving now. Get well soon!” she said then was about to leave again.

“Ouch my head… why is it so hurt? I’m so headache.” JR pretended to have a headache.

“Are you ok? Should I call doctor? Wait here, I’ll call doctor for you.” she quickly went back to him.

“No need!” he grabbed her hand.

“I mean I’ll be fine soon. Just stay here with me a little bit more until my sister comes!” he said.

“Oh fine then! But can you let go of my hand!” she hesitated to ask.

Instead of letting her go, JR grabbed her hand tighter and pulled her to sit on the bed next to him.

“JR-shi…” Yuna became shocked.

“Sit still! Don’t move!” JR grabbed her waist and laid his head on her chest.

“JR-shi, what are you doing? Let go of me!” Yuna tried to fight but JR won’t let go of her.

“I’m tired. Sit still right here with me! I want to rest.” he said then closed his eyes to sleep in that position.

Yuna noticed his tiring and sickness so she stopped moving, letting him rest like that.

A moment later, Yuri came and saw them in such position, she became so furious.

“Song Yuna, damn girl! Are you trying to take JR from me? Go to die!” Yuri ran to pluck Yuna’s hair and pushed her to the floor.

“Yuri, it’s not like this. Ouch it’s hurt. Stop it!” Yuna cried in pain.

“Yuri, stop it! Stop!” JR became awake and tried to stop Yuri.

“Yuri, I’m really hurt. Please stop it!” Yuna was hit seriously by Yuri.

JR tried to separate them. He grabbed Yuri and pulled her from hitting Yuna.

“Let go of me! I’m gonna kill this cheap girl. She is so shameless. How dare she want to steal you from me! Song Yuna, I hate you.” Yuri tried to release herself from JR.

“Yuna, hurry leave!” JR told Yuna to leave. Yuna quickly grabbed her bag to leave.

“Song Yuna, you’re so shameless. I’ll kill you at home.” Yuri shouted.

Yuna became so scared. She kept crying, running away.

-----

“Explain to me! Why were you both hugging each other?” Yuri angrily asked JR.

“Stop yelling like this! I don’t want to explain because you’re so violent.” JR shouted back.

“I’m so violent? You really fall for her that’s why you’re opposing me everything I do.” she cried.

“It’s not like that. I just feel sick and want someone to comfort me and that’s all.” he explained.

“But the truth that you oppose me when I want to bully her is true. How are you going to explain this?” -Yuri-

“It’s… Well, I’ll listen to you. After leave this hospital, I’ll follow you whatever you say if it’ll make you happy.” JR didn’t want to argue more so he made a promise.

“You’ll do whatever I say, right?” Yuri asked to make sure.

“Yes anything everything you say so don’t get confused with what happened just now!” he replied.

“I got it. I’m sorry to get confused with you.” Yuri stopped angry and hugged JR.

Actually, JR did this in order to save Yuna from being bullied by Yuri. He thought if he made Yuri happy now, she will spare Yuna for what happened today.

-----

Yuna felt so sad and scared of being bullied by Yuri tonight. But when she arrived home, Yuri only said a few words to her.

“You poor creature, you will see what you will receive soon.” Yuri gave an evil smile then went inside her room. Yuna had no idea what she means, but at least Yuri didn’t bully her like what she was scared of.

-----

Next day, JR insisted to leave hospital and went to school.

s were surprised to see him back to school this fast.

[ In Class ]

Yuri went to meet JR as soon as she heard about his comeback.

“JR, you left hospital now? Are you fine now?” Yuri asked.

“I’m fine now. I can’t stay in hospital for too long because I really miss you.” JR replied.

“You’re so sweet. How about going for a movie together tonight?” -Yuri-

“I would love to, my love.” JR replied.

They were so sweet and it got everyone goosebumps. Before left the class, Yuri walked to Yuna.

“You see right. You’d better know your position.” Yuri mocked Yuna then left.

Yuna didn’t really understand what Yuri meant but she somehow felt upset.

“Yuna! Do you want to go for a movie too?” Minhyun walked to ask Yuna out.

“I…” Yuna wanted to refuse.

“Please go! Let’s think it’s to repay my kindness I’ve done to you before. Please don’t refuse me this time! Let’s go together after class!” Minhyun said then left to his seat. Yuna couldn’t refuse.

-----

After class Minhyun really took Yuna for a movie. JR and Yuri also went to the same cinema.

They met inside the cinema.

"JR, you also came to this cinema. Oh we're watching the same movie? It's good. Oh it’s time now. Let's go!" Minhyun approached JR and Yuri as soon as he saw them then they went inside the hall together.

Yuna felt really uncomfortable but she could do nothing besides remaining silent. Their seats are a few rows far from each other.

During the show, JR couldn't concentrate on the movie. He kept secretly looking at Yuna.

It's a romance movie but Yuna didn't enjoy it at all. In the middle of the story, she became so uncomfortable so she asked to leave first.

"Minhyun, I'm not feeling well. I'll go to wait for you outside." Yuna said then left. Minhyun followed her behind.

[ In Front of Women Toilet ]

Yuna went to toilet without realizing Minhyun was waiting for her outside.

"Oh Minhyun, has the movie already finished?" Yuna was surprised to see Minhyun.

"Not yet but it's not interesting without you so I left too." he replied.

"Are you feeling unwell? Are you sick?" he asked.

"No, I just don't really like watching movie so... " she couldn't finish her words properly yet, Minhyun pushed her softly against the wall then came close to her.

"Minhyun, what are you doing?" Yuna became worried.

"Yuna-ah, don't you know what I'm thinking about you?" he asked.

"I..." Yuna was stuttering.

"I like you." he said then soon kissed her. Yuna couldn't manage to escape this time. She was trying to push him but he wouldn’t let go of it. JR was passing there and accidentally saw them. He became so shocked and hurt then quickly left.

"Yuna!!!" Minhyun released the kiss and looked at her. Yuna was still lost and became teary.

"I'm sorry. I was too fast, right? I'm sorry." Minhyun apologized.

"I wanna go home now. Sorry!" Yuna said then quickly ran from him.

Yuna couldn't get it. It was all of sudden. She felt complicated. She walked to catch a train.

JR was sad. He couldn't stop thinking about that moment. He couldn't understand why he felt so hurt inside his heart like this. He was sitting on a bench inside train station. Yuna ran into him in train station. She saw he was sitting and looking so sad. She walked to him.

"Do you have any problem?" she stood in front of him and asked.

JR looked up to look at her.

"Why do you bother to care? Stop appearing in front of me because I hate seeing your face!" he talked to her with his mean face. Yuna got shocked with his sudden change. JR stood up and walked to crash her from standing on his way then left. Yuna felt hurt and started to have the same vibe when he was that scary JR who was bullying her before.

-----