Nineteen

Young Love, High School Love (Discontinued)

Talking about Nu’est Boys second-year juniors, after receiving the order from JR, they started stalking Minhyun and finally found out who were the gangsters that tried to catch Yuna that night and the person behind this. They went to meet Nu’est Boys.

[ At Rooftop ]

“Sunbae-nim, we found out the group of gangsters who wanted to catch your girlfriend that night and the person who ordered them.” -Woozi-

Nu’est Boys looked at each other, wishing that what their juniors are going to tell isn’t what they’re afraid of.

“Say it!” -JR-

“They aren’t gangsters inside our school. They’re stray gangsters on Gangman street. We can find them at night. They receive money from people and do whatever they ask to.” -Woozi-

“Who ordered them to catch my girlfriend?” JR asked the question that he himself is really afraid to know the answer.

“It’s… Min…Minhyun sunbae-nim!” -Woozi-

Everyone got shocked and fragile inside. JR soon closed his eyes to calm himself.

“It’s really Minhyunnie!” Ren sadly exclaimed.

“He is the gentlest among us. Why would he become such….. aishhhh I’m so disappointed.” Baekho kept waving his head with disbelief.

Aron lost his words. He really didn’t know how he should react to this.

“But I think Yuri sunbae-nim is also behind this story.” Joshua added and got Nu’est Boys attention.

“Tell me what you know!” JR opened his eyes and careful listened to Joshua.

“You told us to stalk Minhyun sunbae-nim but I was curious with Yuri sunbae-nim so I stalked her too. She keeps persuading Minhyun sunbae-nim to hate you. This story is revealed because of that day I followed them to musical classroom and heard all their conversation.”

< Throw Back >

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshua secretly followed Yuri to musical classroom. She went to meet Minhyun.

Yuri : Minhyun, why are you so inactive lately? You give up on taking revenge already?

Minhyun : Go away from me! I want to be alone.

Yuri : You really give up on Yuna already? You really want her to be with that gangster JR?

Minhyun : Your plan almost killed Yuna. I stop trusting on you anymore.

Yuri : It’s JR’s mistake not me. She was shocked and fainted to see JR fighting by herself. It’s not my fault.

Minhyun : Anyway, I don’t want to hurt her anymore. You told me to send people to attack her friend and told me to send people to attack her then acted to recuse her… all of these just hurt her instead.

Yuri : We’re doing this to make her hate JR. We’re doing quite good so far. You shouldn’t give up in the middle of the road like this. I have new plan.

Minhyun : No, I won’t join hand with you anymore. I won’t hurt Yuna again.

Yuri : So it means you’ll never get her, Hwang Minhyun. She started having good feeling for you after you risked your life to help her from those gangsters that night. She was amazed by your sacrifice. If you try a little bit more, you’ll surly get her. We have to make Yuna and JR get confused with each other and break up.

Minhyun : But…

Yuri : No but! We’ve been trying quite far already. We should finish it. Believe me, we can do it, Minhyun.

Yuri tried her best to persuade Minhyun and made him fall in her trap again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yuri is so poisonous. She’s using Minhyun. I’ll teach her some lessons.” Aron became pissed off.

“I know Minhyun can’t think of such cheap idea by himself. He’s being used. Poor Minhyun!” Ren showed his sorrow for Minhyun.

“But he shouldn’t have fallen in her trick like this. Stupid Minhyun!” -Baekho-

JR has no comment for Minhyun after listening to what Joshua told. He took out some money and gave to his juniors.

“Take this! You’ve done a good job. Remember from now on stop receiving such bad order from anybody! We’re gangsters but we shouldn’t do cheap thing like this. Accusing someone is really disgusting. If there is anybody force or bully you, tell me! Now take this money and spend it in good way.” JR showed his care for his juniors because he knows they’re so young and innocent.

“Thank you, JR sunbae-nim!” they excitedly received the money.

“I promise to behave well from now on. Thank you for forgiving us!” DK said and they all bowed to JR.

“By the way, there is one more thing that I want you to do. Today after class, let’s go to one place with me! I know you were sent to beat Yuna’s classmate by Minhyun but it’s wrong to beat innocent people like this so go to apologize to him with me.” -JR-

The kids looked at each other for a while then agreed to go with JR. “Yes, we’ll go with you, Sunbae-nim!”

-----

The truth revealed but JR is very sad. He just couldn’t believe that Minhyun could do all of these cheap activities to attack him at the back like this because of a girl. He felt hurt because he really treasures his friendship with Minhyun.

-----

JR called Yuna to ask Jeonghan to meet him after class, telling he found out the gangsters who beat him and want them to apologize to Jeonghan in person. Yuna was relieved that truth is revealed. She agreed to ask Jeonghan for JR.

[ In Class ]

Yuna approached Jeonghan.

“Jeonghan, are you free today after class?” -Yuna-

Their classmates were surprised and started making cheerful noise for them.

“Jeonghan, go go!... Good luck and have fun!” -classmates-

Yuna and Jeonghan have no idea why their classmates react to them like this. It was so noisy so they went out to talk.

“Omg they must be very shy to contact each other in public like this but it’s so cute.” -Hyesoo-

“New couple finds it shy like this when people catch or tease them. They need more time to get used.” -Seoyoen-

“Kaeun, why are you so quiet lately? Do you have any problem or are you sick?” Hyesoo noticed Kaeun’s strange behavior.

“No! There is nothing wrong with me. I just don’t know what to talk.” Kaeun tried to fake a smile.

Seoyoen and Hyesoo started to feel curious with Kaeun more and more but they dared not to insist.

-----

Yuna and Jeonghan left the class and went to football field to have private talk.

[ At Football Field ]

“So why do you ask me to go out this time? To meet your boyfriend again?” -Jeonghan-

“Mmm yes, he said he found out who beat you so he wants to take them to apologize to you in person.” -Yuna-

“He doesn’t have to do this and I really want to forget this nightmare.” Jeonghan didn’t want to go.

“But you should go. Those gangsters may want your forgiveness too.” Yuna turned to be sad.

“That face again!!! You really make me weak with that face. Alright I’ll go.” Jeonghan finally agreed to go. He couldn’t stand seeing her sad face. Yuna was happy that Jeonghan agreed to go.

-----

Yuna and Jeonghan left school together again after class. Their classmates kept gossiping but they still didn’t notice it at all. Kaeun is sure that they’re really dating. She is hurt but she thinks Yuna suits Jeonghan more than her. She decided to move on.

-----

[ At Korean Resturant ]

Yuna and Jeonghan went to meet JR.

“Hi, Yuna, hi Jeonghan!” JR quickly stood up to welcome them along with his 4 juniors.

Yuna got scared to see the 4 gangsters. She stepped to stand behind Jeonghan.

“Yuna, come to sit near me! Don’t scared of them!” JR noticed his girlfriend’s fear.

Yuna walked to sit near JR. JR held her hand.
“There is nothing to be scared. Calm down!” he kept holding her hand tight.

“Jeonghan, please have a seat too!” JR turned to invite Jeonghan.

Jeonghan sat down but he felt so uncomfortable to meet the gangsters who beat him badly that day.

“They’re the people who beat you that day but they were sent to. They didn’t mean to hit you by themselves and now they want to apologize to their bad behavior to you that day.” -JR-

“Please forgive us! We did it for money. We know we never have any problem with each other. We shouldn’t have beat you badly that day but we needed money so we forced ourselves to do it. We hope you will forgive us. Please accept our apology!” Seungkwan expressed his sorrow and they all bowed to Jeonghan.

Jeonghan remained silent. He became tearful, thinking about that moment. He felt so painful.

“Jeonghan, are you ok?” Yuna became worried of his silence.

“How do I suppose to say? I feel so painful. It’s the worst moment I ever had in my life.” Jeonghan held his fists, trying to hold his anger and pain.

“Jeonghan!” Yuna rushed to go to him and patted his back to console.
“Don’t be hurt! I’m sorry to make you face this. If you don’t want to stay here, let’s leave.” -Yuna-

“Sir, please forgive us! We’ll keep kneeling here until you forgive us.” the 4 juniors rushed out from the table and kneel next to Jeonghan.
“We’re young and stupid. We wanted money so bad that we can’t think of right or wrong. We feel so regret and sorry for what we have done to you. You can beat us back if you want. We’ll receive all types of punishment from you.” -DK-
“You can do whatever you want but please forgive us!” -Joshua-

Jeonghan was watching them for a moment. He gave a big sigh. He felt moved by them.

“Stand up! Let’s forget about it! We’re human. We all make mistake. I hope you all can correct yourself and give up all gang activities.” Jeonghan gave them a smile.

“Thank you, Jeonghan-shi! We’ll correct ourselves.” the kids excitedly thanked Jeonghan and went back to their seats.

JR and Yuna felt relieved. Yuna went back to her seat too.

“So everything is solved now. Thanks Jeonghan for forgiving them.” -JR-

“But who gave money to them to bully me and accused you?” -Jeonghan-

JR became silent. He turned to look at Yuna before spoke up.

“It’s my enemy. Someone I used to fight with. He wanted to take revenge on me….. Let’s forget about this and enjoy the meal together. It’s my treat today!” JR decided to hide that it’s Minhyun. He didn’t want Yuna to know and get upset with Minhyun.

They enjoyed the meal together. Jeonghan and the 4 juniors talked a lot about many things. They seemed to be fine with each other now and even exchanged their contact before left. Jeonghan is very kind. He could feel that the kids can be educated to be good so he decided to make friends with them.

-----

“It was a nice meal. Thank you, JR! I’m gonna leave now.” -Jeonghan-

“Jeonghan-shi, we’re going to take the train too. Can we go with you?” the kids asked to go with Jeonghan. Jeonghan nodded with a smile then they left together.

Yuna and JR felt so happy to see Jeonghan forgave the kids and even made friends with them.

“You’ve done so well, Jonghyun.” Yuna gave a proud smile to JR.

“This is your boyfriend.” he smirked at her.

“Yes you’re now a boyfriend that I can be proud of.” Yuna kept smiling to him.

“Then you need to love me more and more.” -JR-

“I’m loving you more and more every day though.” -Yuna-

“I’m so happy to hear.” JR smiled at her and patted her face.

“But are you sure you’re not hiding anything from me?” -Yuna-

JR looked at her with his emotional face for a while then hugged her tight before he replied her.

“Just trust in me! Everything I do is for our good. I love you, Yuna.” he kissed on her head.

“I trust you. I love you too, Jonghyun.” -Yuna-

They were hugging and expressing their miss for each other after one week no meet. Then Yuna asked to go home before dark with her own driver.

-----

~ Next Day ~

JR sent message to Minhyun, asking to meet at rooftop just two of them.
Minhyun ignored his message at first but then he decided to go.

[ At Rooftop ]

JR was sitting, waiting for Minhyun. Minhyun finally came. They were looking at each other for a while without saying anything.

“You didn’t call me here just to stand and look at me like this, I hope” Minhyun broke out the silence.

“I think we have a lot to talk. So today I want to clarify and end every problem with you. I found out you were the person who sent our second-year juniors to beat Yuna’s classmate and also the gangsters you sent to catch Yuna. I’ve found out everything.” -JR-

Minhyun was shocked to hear but he tried to act normal.

“Then what? You can go to tell Yuna or maybe you told her already?” -Minhyun-

“I didn’t tell her and I’m not going to tell her.” -JR-

“Why not? Are you saying that you pity me and want to help me to hide it from her?” Minhyun gave JR a dead laugh.

“Minhyun, I know I hurt you and broke our friendship but I didn’t mean it to be like this. I know I’m wrong to love the girl you love but it’s heart, I can’t control myself too.” JR became emotional, trying to explain to Minhyun.

“Stop acting! You win me everything now. I’ve nothing to talk with you anymore. I’m leaving now. I hate seeing your face.” Minhyun finished his word and turned back to leave.

“I know I was wrong that dared not to confess to you that I love her too. The day you asked me if I have any feeling for her, I felt really complicated because I did have feeling for her but I couldn’t say it because I don’t want to destroy our friendship. I’m sorry Minhyun. I was coward. I’m really sorry to love the same girl you love.” JR sobbed.

“You don’t just love the girl I love, you stole her from me. You’re so cheap and shameless. Go to die!” Minhyun soon walked to beat JR with his fists. JR fell on the floor. His mouth got bleeding. Minhyun grabbed JR’s collar, ready to give him another fist.

“I was loyal and been following you for years. How could you betray me and stole my first love? You’re very cheap. I really want to beat you to death.” Minhyun cried out and kept beating JR. JR didn’t fight back. He knew he was bad to steal Yuna from Minhyun so he accepted the punishment.

“Fight back! Fight me back, you bastard, JR!” -Minhyun-

“Hit me as you want! I was bad to you so I’ll receive this. Hit me! Throw all your anger and hatred to me.” -JR-

Minhyun became even angry. He kept beating and kicking JR seriously. JR didn’t fight back at all. When JR was beat bad enough, Minhyun stopped.

“I’ll stop right here for now because I don’t want you to die yet. I’ll let you see how I take Yuna from you. She was supposed to be me so I’ll take her back. Wait and see!” Minhyun gave JR the last kick on stomach.

“Minhyun, I…I’m so-rry.” JR struggled to say sorry to Minhyun with his weak voice before Minhyun left.

Minhyun got very emotional to hear his sorry but he tried to ignore JR then left.

-----

JR was beat badly. He laid on the floor for hours until he could collect some power to get up. His mouth and forehead were bleeding. His stomach, chest and back are seriously hurt too.

That moment Yuna made a phone call to him, asking if he’s going to come to her after class or not.

~ On Phone ~

Yuna : Jonghyun-ah, are you coming to me after class or not today? My father will be arriving home late so I think we can hang out a little bit.

JR : Hi, my love! I’m sorry but today I’ve appointment with my friends. I’ll see you later. Please hurry go back home and take rest! I love you. (JR lied her. He didn’t want Yuna find out about his current condition)

Yuna : It’s fine. Have fun with your friends! But don’t go on fight! Please love yourself. Take care! I love you.

JR : I love you. Bye bye!

They hanged up the phone. JR burst out crying with the pain inside his heart. Minhyun has changed and hard to talk with. JR doesn’t know what he should do with Minhyun anymore but he won’t reveal Minhyun’s bad side to Yuna. He knows Minhyun became like this because of him. JR decided to try more to make Minhyun accept his relationship with Yuna and forgive him.

“Minhyun-ah, I’m really sorry. Please forgive me!” -JR-

-----