-Chapter 16-

Grocery girl

Tzuyu POV

My hands were shaking and I was sweating buckets when I arrived at the address that Sana was supposed to be at. I looked at my watch. '12:24' Only twenty four minutes from when Sana was supposed to be here.

 

The police told me that It will take them about half an hour until they get here, but I couldn't wait that long. I know what that man can do. If he doesn't hesitate to beat up a child, I don't even want to think of what can he do to Sana.

 

I pushed open the door, the chain was already on the ground which I assumed was thanks to Sana's entrance earlier. 

 

The door creaked slightly. When I looked around the spacious building, I could see at least twenty doors on both sides of the hangar like house. " me." I sweared under my breath, how can I find Sana like this? I kicked a rock on the ground from frustration. 

 

The rock rolled for a bit, until it stopped in a small dent on the ground. When I looked at it more closely and realized it was a long line that led from the entrance and further down the hall. 

 

I decided to follow it. The line was more visible in some places, and wider in the others. It stopped at one door, with the number 99.

I tried to open them, pushing with more strength as It opened slightly. I pushed a bit more, until they opened with a loud bang, that echoed threw the whole building. 

 

I tried to see something in the darkness. All I could see were old stairs little down the way. I quickly hurried down, scared that I'll be to late. 

 

I tripped at least two times, until I stood at the bottom of the stairs in-front of a set of another doors. 

 

I could see light from the small crack under the door. I tried to open them, but they were locked. "!" I slammed the door, but nothing happened. I kicked the door, again and again, hoping to see them open. I gave up on kicking and started body slamming them. Nothing happened for a while, but after some time I heard a creaking sound and saw the door move a little. That only motivated me more as I slammed the door with more force. 

 

The door flew open, banging the wall, making a loud noise, but I didn't care, all I saw was Sana sitting on the chair, tied up with bruised body and blood coming from and nose.

She looked at me with scared eyes, duck tape muffling what she was trying to say to me. 

 

I quickly ran to her, untying the rope with urge. 

She was trying to say something the whole time, so when I untied her, I quickly tore the tape from . "Tzuyu! You have to leave, please leave now! It's a trap!" 

 

I looked at her, the desperate tone in her voice and eyes looking behind me making me turn around. The door slammed shut. A dark figure emerged from the dark. 

 

"You....you er!" I yelled at him. Jong-Bum only smirked a little and lifted his hand and waved at me. I didn't miss how Sana flinched when he raised his hand, making anger spread through my whole body. Just what the had he did to her. 

 

"Hey Chewy, did you miss me?" 

 

"Don't ing call me that you bastard!"

 

"Come on, Chewy, don't use such harsh words, your parents would be disappointed."

 

"I told you to not call me that! What the did you do to Sana!"

 

"We only talked a little, right Sana?" He smiled and looked at her, to which she quickly looked away. "Don't talk to her! Don't even look at her!" I yelled at him, hating him the more he talked, oh how much I despised him.

 

"Now now Chewy, let's talk this out. I want you to give me your shares of the company, in exchange of Sana." 

 

"No ing way, you can't touch Sana now, and I won't give you ." 

 

"I can't touch Sana? Really?" He looked around, to one of the dark corners and motioned someone to come to him.

 

A few seconds later, two figures emerged from the dark. "M-mom?...Dad?" I could hear Sana whisper from behind me. Jong-Bum still had that sly smirk on his face. "Come here Sana, don't you want to greet your parents?" Sana looked at me in panic, and slowly stood up.

 

"I'm sorry Tzuyu..." She then ran to her parents, only to be stopped by Jong-Bum. "Not now Sana, we have something to discuss, don't we?" He said and grabbed her, dragging her in-front of him. "Let me see them please!" Sana cried out, as she tried to get from his grip. Jong-Bum grabbed something from his back pocket and pressed it against Sana's head. 

 

It was a ing gun.

 

Sana froze still. I froze still. Sana's parents froze still. 

 

I felt the temperature drop. "You won't." I said below whisper. "Oh trust me, I will. After all, I have nothing to lose." I felt my hands tremble. Sana was on the verge of tears, her parents already crying. I can't even imagine what they must be going threw right now. 

 

I could hear the police sirens, muffled by the doors. "It's over Jung-Bum, the police is here, you don't have a chance of escaping, don't try to make your time in jail even longer by hurting Sana, don't do it, it's not worth it." I started to speak slowly, in hopes of stopping whatever he had in mind. 

 

My words fell deaf to his ears. Maybe the sound of police cars and their sirens made him act so foolishly, but his grip on Sana got loose and the gun in his hand trembled a little. I took this chance and charged at him at full speed. 

 

I could hear the sound of a gun going off as he fell to the ground. Sana's parents yelled out.      I grabbed his gun and threw it across the floor to one of the corners. Something dropped beside me. I saw a horrified look on Sana's face as she fell to the floor, grabbing her stomach. Her shirt was soaked with blood and a lot of it was gushing out. 

 

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! ! Sana!" I kneeled beside her and turned her on her back. "S-sana!" I tried to apply pressure to her wound. Looking around frantically, not knowing what to do. "T-tzuyu..." Sana whispered quietly under me. My head snapped towards her. 

 

"Tzuyu......I-I...." 

 

"Shhhh, Sana, don't waste your energy. The ambulance will be here soon, they will take care of you, a-and everything w-will be just f-fine! Yeah! Everything is just fine!"

 

Her eyes were losing light and her skin was draining of color, her breaths were getting more shallow and slow. Her chest barely moving. My hands were trembling. I could see her struggle to keep her eyes open. 

 

"T-tzuyu, I-I...love you..."

 

"I love you too Sana. You can't leave me now, I love you, I love you so much! We have so many things to do, like....like adopt a dog! Move in together! H-have a kid! N-no two kids! A-and....and..."

 

Sana looked at me for the last time. She smiled at me, caressing my cheek with her trembling hand, wiping the tears that kept flowing down without me even noticing. She held so much adoration in her eyes, so much love that made me want to hold her forever and never let go. Her eyelids fluttered, slowly dropping down, as her eyes eventually closed. Her chest stopped moving and I couldn't hear her breathing anymore. 

 

"Please don't leave me Sana, I love you to much to let you go." I whispered as her heart stopped beating.