Staining a Stain And Zelo's New Hair?

Thing's Can Go From Bad To Worse, But Then What?

SOYI'S POV

 

“Don't worry about the door...they're finally all gone...And URGH!!!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX THIS!!!” I tightly grasped my hair into my fists ready to pull it out at any moment. I had to get this thing fixed by the end of the week, before TaeSung and JongMin get back.

My hands dropped from my tangled hair as I stared though the shattered glass and onto the still visibly stained wooden porch.

“Well, there's no time to waste now...” Rushing to the door I grabbed my coat and jammed my sneakers on enough to run down the side walk and to the nearest bus stop. Halfway down the block I stopped, wondering if it was a good idea to leave the house unattended with the back door unlocked. But none the less I continued sprinting to the bus shelter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although I didn't know my way around all that well, I manged to find my way to a hardware store with the help of a few kind bus drivers.

“Kamsahabnida Ajusshi!” I bowed multiple times before leaping of the bus and bounding down the foot path to the front door. Without a second thought I headed in the direction of the large section titled Wood Stains. I grabbed the first one I came in contact with not even taking note of the price before bolting to an empty register. Without looking up I began digging into my pocket for the money that TaeSung and JongMin left me, I made a mental note to start calling them Umma and Appa.

“Would that be cash or cre- Soyi?”

“Yongguk Oppa? You work here?” I looked at him, awed by the coincidence, but quickly shook my head, “Never mind I really need to get back before I miss the bus!” I slapped a couple of bills onto the counter and waited for the receipt to print out in a more than impatient manner. I felt bad that I couldn't talk to Yongguk but I needed to get started on the porch before the sun went down.

“If you're really in a hurry, I could give you a ride if you just wait a couple of minutes for my shift to end.”

I thought about it, and decided that I'd have to wait for the bus to arrive and even then I'd have to transfer buses and wait even longer. So, in short it would be in my favour to catch a ride with him if I didn't want the house to be robbed.

“Thank you so much Oppa! I really owe you one!” I hugged him from over the counter as he chuckled his brotherly laugh and patted my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we road down the quiet streets I guided him – to the best of my ability – in the direction of – what I hoped was – my house. And after much hesitance we finally arrived in front of the small house. He stopped by the curb of the sidewalk and handed me my supplies from the back seat.

“Thanks again Oppa! I'll see you at school!” I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door.

“No problem, and tell me if you need any help with the repairs! You know, I am a master craftsman.” He playfully brushed imaginary lint from his shoulders before sending me a gummy grin.

“What ever you say.” I rolled my eyes jokingly and shut the car door with a light slam.

Heading to the backyard with my newly purchased stain and paint brush I rolled up my sleeves and watched the sky turn to orange. As I walked up the porch steps I read over the instructions on the back of the can. It seemed to be simple enough. Apply one coat, wait a day then apply another coat.

I plopped onto the wood surface of the deck and pried the can open with a kitchen knife, the stench hit me like a tonne of bricks. In fear of developing lung cancer from the smell, I fashioned a face mask out of a dish rag before getting down to work. Dipping the brush into the stain I applied even coats onto the wood, starting from the side closest to the fence and going toward the steps. This way I wouldn't get trapped waiting for the stain to dry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been working for a good hour or two and covered half of the deck. Though I still had some more work to do my arms were sore and covered in brown streaks, by now I was too tired to worry about the dangers of getting this stuff on my skin.

I puffed a tired breath, pulling down my home maid mask I wiped my face with my arm and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

“Yes, yes! Work it darling!”

I glanced behind me in alarm by the sudden voice, but slowly smiled as I saw the familiar, giant like figure dramatically pretending to snap pictures of me.

“What are you doing here?” I stood from my spot and stretched out my sore arms and legs.

He pulled his 'camera' away from his face and smiled brightly at you, “Hyung told me about your little problem and I decided I should help you!” He pulled his ball cap so the visor was at the back of his head and cracked his neck with a serious expression.

“You couldn't have showed up a couple of hours ago?” I walked in front of him and poked his forehead, breaking his concentrated look.

“Sorry, I went to get a hair cut.” He sheepishly rubbed his neck, taking his cap off to reposition it. There was a brief flash of black and my eyes widened.

“You dyed your hair?!” I gaped at him as locks of his newly coloured hair laid over his pale forehead.

“Yeah, do you like it?” He took his had of completely now and ran his fingers though his hair. "It was a random decision actually."

I looked him up and down, trying to figure out how one person could change so much with actually changing so little. Just hours ago he was this little ball of cute sunshine with his curly locks! And now...

I tore my eyes away from him, suddenly flustered, “U-um yeah, I think it suits you well.”

I heard him chuckle briefly before I felt a tug at my 'mask'.

“What's this for?” Looking up I met eyes with Zelo.

“Its to prevent lung cancer...er, I m-mean...so I don't...yeah...” I stumbled over my words and killed myself multiple times already.

Jeeze, things can not continue like this...

My eyes suddenly widened again, “CHOI JONG HOON ARE THOSE PIERCINGS!!!” I grabbed his head without thinking and turned it to the side to get a better look.

He tore his face from my grasp and rubbed his sore ears from my yelling. I secretly reprimanded myself once again for doing that.

“Yah...I've always had these...” He his star shaped earring between his finger.

 

ZELO'S POV

“Really? I never noticed them before...” She came to my side and held onto my shoulder for support as she took a closer look at my ear.

“W-what are you doing?” I twitched as her hand moved to my ear, I felt her breath against my neck as she giggled.

“Kyaaaa~ Your ears are so cute!!”

Feeling the heat rise to my ears I gently pried her hands of my shoulder, “W-we should get to work before it gets dark, eh?” I smiled as she nodded eagerly.

“But I only have one brush...” She showed me the brush in her hands.

“Hmm, how about I finish the rest and you make dinner? I'm starving!” I rubbed my stomach in over exaggerated agony to keep my mind off of my flushed ears.

“Are you su-” I gave her a pointed look, “Fine.” She sighed in defeat and walked in though her broken glass doors.

“So what happened anyway?” I called while painting, and using my shirt to cover my nose. I wouldn't want 'lung cancer'. I chuckled thinking back to her cute stuttering.

“Your arch nemesis-s threw a pot of dokkbokki out the window this after noon. It was kind of my fault though...” I tensed as she spoke.

“Teen top was here?” I questioned as she emerged from the house with a dishrag.

“Yeah, they forced me to make them dokkbokki then this crazy chain reaction started and it ended up out here.” She sighed tiredly, placing one hand on her forehead while the other rested on her hip, “I don't even know what to do about this door. I'm just lucky I wasn't robbed blind earlier today.”

My anger dulled as I noticed the worry in her face. I had an idea. It was bold one, but it was an idea.

“If you want I could stay with you today.” She stared at me questioningly, “You know, defend you from the monsters.” I stood up and showed her my ninja-defense-techniques.

She smiled and pulled my shirt away from my nose, replacing it with the rag in her hand, “Thank you, Jong Hoon.”

I smiled back from beneath the cloth as she helped me tie it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!

Boy a lot has happened since I last updated...Plus it's been over a year since I started writing this...I REALLY NEED TO FINISH THIS!!!

But seriously, since I last updated B.A.P has released Power, No Mercy, Crash, Rain Sound, and One Shot. And Teen Top released Crazy, To You, Be Ma Girl, I Wanna Love, and Miss Right.

-le sigh- Please forgive this lazy author-nim for the gazillionth time and more...

I hope this pathetic chapter has done something to relieve your resentment for me, and if not then I'm greatly sorry for my recent absence. I can't promise that I'll update soon or even more frequently...but March break is in a week or so...So maybe then? And if you're wondering why I'm even updating now, let me remind you that I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The fridgid North, if you will. And although I don't take a yellow school bus to school, and supposedly in highschool we don't get snow days (because I take the public bus), yesterday it snowed a good couple of feet and I had to wait for half an hour for the bus to arrive. Then the bus got stuck four times...If you're wondering why you haven't heard about this on the news, it's because in Canada this happens almost every couple of weeks...

But anywho, yeah that's why I stayed home and finally updated > . <

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU AWESOME PEPOPLE WHO DIDN'T UNSUBSCRIBE AND WERE PATIENT WITH ME (UNLESS YOU JUST FORGOT ABOUT ME WHICH IS COOL TOO)