001: The abandoned forest

Forbidden Desire: Exo Short Stories & One Shots Collections.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being born into a proud and wealthy family comes with so many restrictions. Baekhyun and his elder sister Jiwon were restricted from certain activities from their childhood until they became mature and filled with wisdom. At a certain point in Baekhyun's life he started making decisions regarding his life and his first decision ever was to fulfill his childhood dream. A dream to venture into the abandoned forest which was once an accommodating place of sightseeing, a fun-filled forest, and so he decided to make it to the forest before his said wedding to his betrothed bride.

 

“Baekhyun I see no reason why you should embark on this silly journey of yours. I mean you're getting married in a month's time, and here you are talking about going to fulfill your silly childhood dreams in that so-called abandoned forest, all in the name of adventure. What is wrong with you?” Mina Byun, Baekhyun's mother asked in a loud and angry tone. Of course, she has the right to be mad about Baekhyun's sudden decision since his wedding is just a month away.

 

Baekhyun sighed deeply in tiredness and frustration. He has been hearing about the same thing over and over again from his Mom and lately she has turned into a complainant and he's slowly going crazy with all her shouting and screaming.

He is an adult who can make his own decisions.

 

“Mom I've already told you what I have in mind, and that's final. I want to make my dream a reality and I'm afraid no one can stop me from going, not even you.” Baekhyun made his thoughts known to his mother for the last time and this time he wasn't ready to back down no matter what.

 

All his life, he did all his family wanted, even to the extent of asking him to get married to someone he doesn't even love. But this time he won't back down on what is on his mind.

 

“But what about your wedding to your betrothed bride Sunmin, What will happen?” Baekhyun's father asked on stepping into the room with a frown on. “What do you want us to tell them?” He looks so irritated and Baekhyun isn't even bothered about it anymore.

 

“That's what I'm talking to him about and yet he's not ready to reason with me. I wonder what has gotten into him.” His Mom complained, trying so hard to get Baekhyun to agree with what she wants, but all amounted to nothing.

 

Baekhyun got up from his bed and put his last blanket into his bag and then his cell phone, charger and his power bank that he fully charged over the night. He was set and now ready to leave to the place of his dreams with so much happiness written all over his face.

 

“Mom, Dad I won't say this again because my heart is fixed and there's no room for turning back. I don't even know this betrothed bride of mine yet, and moreover, since I was a kid all my age mates all went to the abandoned forest with their parents and they all said it's strange but fun. But all you and dad kept doing was to make fake promises to take me there someday, but you never did that. I'm sorry, but like I said nothing can talk me out of going for this adventure of mine.”

 

“Then go, but make sure you're back in two weeks before your wedding, okay?”

 

“Yes Mom, I will.” Baekhyun picked up his bags and walked over to his mother and kissed her right cheek. “I will be back soon,” Baekhyun said and with that, he left the mansion for exploring the wonders of the abandoned forest.

 

_____________

 

The ride toward the direction of the abandoned forest seems to be a bit farther than Baekhyun had expected, or maybe Baekhyun was the one so impatient to get to the said forest. 

 

He always heard from his friends and those that visited the forest that it's a wonderful experience. However, they also warmed him never to venture beyond the surface, which means he should stay in the open and not venture deep into the depth of the forest, but Baekhyun couldn't take note of those warnings because he was set to have fun, to fulfill his childhood dreams.

 

Finally, the bus arrived at the last bus station, and Baekhyun jumped down. Actually, he refused to come with his car because he really wants it to be a real adventure and not just some fake stuff. 

 

He stood along the road that leads to the forest, but everything didn't feel the same anymore. The road has become so lonely and kind of deserted.

 

Shocked at the current situation, Baekhyun blinked his eyes trying to recall the picture of the road from his friend's phone, but nothing in front of him looked familiar to the pictures he saw.

 

“What happened here?” The young man asked himself while looking at the forest ahead. Sighing, he picked up his bag from the ground and started walking into the forest.

 

Getting to the main entrance to the forest, Baekhyun smiled and set his bags to retrieve his camera from the bag.

 

“So,” Baekhyun smiled yet again at the sight of the forest, the sound of the birds chirping happily, singing their songs in their own language, the trees waving its leaves and the windy sound it made got Baekhyun all excited. “I've come to explore for real.” He said with a soft chuckle following. He is sure ready to have the most beautiful moments of his life.

 

Baekhyun never had fun like other kids, he was always indoors and restricted from seeing his friends apart from Jongin who he occasionally sent to school. 

He almost forgot how to have fun, but he wasn't ready to live a long boring life, so he made time to get some adventure movies. He needed to keep his spirit alive and active, so he made sure he watches it every day.


 

The walk into the forest wasn't that calm because the little rabbits and lizard are on the run for who knows what. Nevertheless, Baekhyun didn't fail to take the pictures of such little creatures because such things are hard to find back home. 

 

He kept walking till he got to what seemed to be the middle of the forest, so he thought because he was now deep into the said forest.

 

“I need water, perhaps I can take a little rest over her and contact my friends.” Baekhyun mutters to himself before setting down his bag under a huge apple tree. It is quite a nice area to rest his head throughout his stay in the forest, moreover, the shade the tree provides is so relaxing.

 

Baekhyun quickly clears some part of the area, trying to make a home out of it before setting his tent on it. At first, it wasn't as easy as he imagined, but as he kept on doing it, he was able to make a nice spot for his tent.

 

“Great!” He smiled and brought out his tent from the second bag he brought along and started fixing it. Baekhyun never thought that he would be able to make a tent all by himself, but when he was done making it, he congratulated himself by clapping his hands proudly for a job well done.

 

He sat down inside the tent and sighed deeply in tiredness before reaching for his laptop in his bag. He switched on the laptop to start chatting away with his friends, but there was no network and so he wasn't able to do a single thing with his laptop.

 

Baekhyun shook his head in disappointment and decided to have his lunch before strolling around in the cool of the evening.

 

 

_______________


 

“Look here Mr. and Mrs. Byun, I really can't understand the meaning of what you're saying to my wife and I right now. I don't understand what's going on here and why you should even approve of him going on that so-called adventure when their wedding is just a month away.” Mr. Lee couldn't help the anger boiling in his blood at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter