005: Out of the island

Forbidden Desire: Exo Short Stories & One Shots Collections.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​​"I love you, Alice," Baekhyun whispered the word sweetly into her ears, and gently he sealed his lips with Alice's damp ones, pouring all the love he has for her into the kiss.

Alice who has been watching most romantic movies on Baekhyun's laptop blinked her eyes closed, giving in to the kiss, and for some reason she liked it.

 

Baekhyun noticing her over closeness made him sink into the kiss before pulling away to look at his now beautiful lover in those alluring eyes, and he let his smile widen.

 

“I love you Alice, and hurting you will be the last thing I will ever do.”

“What's love?” Alice questioned. She wasn't looking at the said man, rather she was feeling so shy and she hid her face against his chest.

 

“Love is a very strong feeling of affection towards someone who you are romantically or ually attracted to, and will do just anything to keep that particular person safe.”

“Romantically and ually? What does that mean?”

Baekhyun laughed. He held Alice closer to himself and kissed her head. “You will come to know everything when the time comes, so you don't worry about a thing.” Baekhyun smiled before blinking twice. “Let's sleep okay?”

 

“But I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry I can't sleep.”

“Really?” Baekhyun only smiled before sitting up. “I'm also hungry as well, so let's get something to eat then.”

“Thank you.” Alice stood up quickly and ran straight to the area the bag Baekhyun had kept their food was and started bringing the necessary snacks out.

 

Baekhyun sat still watching her every move, but at the same time, he was in a deep thought. Surely he knows he has to take Alice out of the island and bring her to the city to teach her civilization and make her his legally wedded wife, also help her in looking for her biological parents if they're still alive, but then his overly greedy and ambitious parents will do all they can to frustrate him from getting married to Alice.

And then not to mention his company which is currently been run by his manager.

 

“Baekhyun.” Alice tapped him on the shoulder, their face almost touching.

“Alice, what's wrong?” Asked once he was back to reality. “Do you need something?”

“No, I don't need anything. I've been calling you and you didn't answer me, why?”

 

“I'm so sorry my love, I was just carried away by my thoughts.”

“Thoughts?” She asked biting her bottom lips, “Do you mean thinking?”

“Yes, I'm thinking about random things, so don't worry.” Baekhyun pulled Alice closer to sit next to him and they ate the snacks together.


 

It was just the limit that Mr. Lee can take, and at this point, his only daughter Sunmin was beyond sad. Her love for Baekhyun her childhood crush is now becoming nothing but a fantasy, and she was losing it.

 

“Dad why is Baekhyun doing this? Is he cheating on me?” The word came off as a loud yell as she smashed the glasses on the table to the ground, making her father growl in annoyance.

 

“Sunmin!” The man yelled, glaring dagger at his daughter. “What has gotten into you? Did I raise you to be this loud and careless?”

“Please let her be.” Mr. Lee's wife Minseo yelled turning her husband to look at her in the face. “For the past years our baby girl had high hopes that her husband loves her so much, but here we are about to face the biggest embarrassment of our lives.”

 

“And what are you trying to implying?” Mr. Lee asked, more like a yell.

“That Baekhyun will call off the wedding, thereby slapping it on our face and the society will lose their respect for us.”

 

“Never!” Lee yelled tossing the glass of red wine in his hand aside. “This will never happen. I've worked so hard to build my reputation and I won't let some arranged marriage ruin it.”

 

“Really father? Are you trying to say my happiness means ruining your reputation? Wow.” Sunmin let a small chuckle escape her dry throat. “I can't believe this. I thought you love me, father?”

 

“I do my princess, but it seems Baekhyun had no feelings whatsoever for you. I've always noticed it in the way he shows less interest concerning this marriage issues whenever we bring up the matter, so why wait for someone that doesn't love you.”

 

“But I love him Dad, I  love him so much that I see him always in my dreams. I can't live without him Dad, I just can't.” Sunmin couldn't control herself, and she slides to the ground, crying like a child who had just lost his mother.

 

Mr. Lee lost it when he saw the condition his daughter was in. Hopelessly in love with someone that can't give her the happiness she deserves.

“Sunmin get a grip on yourself, I will see what I can do about this, okay?”

“You will?”

“Yes, but if that boy should ruin my reputation because of this, then I will forget I have a daughter in love.” The man said and walked away, leaving his wife and daughter behind.

 

The days went by quickly, and Baekhyun wish he would never leave the island to the city, but then he was reminded of his responsibilities toward his dear lover Alice and his company. A company he had built to higher leave.

 

Baekhyun ruffled his hair with a heavy sigh following. It was the early hours of the money and here he was swimming in the sea of thoughts that he didn't notice that Alice side if the mattress was empty, but a scream of his name made him realized that the energetic girl was already awake.

 

“Dear Lord.” Baekhyun smiled while getting up from the mattress, “I 'm the luckiest man right now.” He grinned widely and rushed over to the direction he heard his name.

 

“My love, what's wrong? I heard you calling-” Baekhyun cut himself off his words when he saw the huge fish Alice was holding in her hands, pointing it towards him with her beautiful dazzling smile.

 

“Here, I got this fish myself.” She explained smiling like a little child, looking all Innocent.

“My love,” Baekhyun moved closer to her and retrieved the huge fish from her.

 

“Did you go to the island river all by yourself in the early hours of the morning?”

“Yes.”

“What?” Baekhyun half yelled. This is something he had warned her about, but she won't listen.

 

“Alice dear why don't you ever listen to me? I asked you not to go closer to the island river all by yourself, but then you disobeyed me and repeated the same mistake this morning. Why are you doing this?”

 

“It not a mistake Baekhyun. I was so hungry because I didn't eat last night, so I went to get what to eat.”

“And why didn't you wake me up to come along with you, why did you have to go all alone?” Baekhyun asked, and this time he was frowning to make her understand what he's saying.

 

Seeing the frown on Baekhyun's face, Alice dropped her head low and moved backward. “I'm sorry Baekhyun. I was hungry that's why I came here. I'm sorry.” Alice muttered the last words with a whimper following.

 

Is she crying? Baekhyun was now upset with himself for being so harsh on her, but then he needed her to stay away from the island because it's dangerous.

 

“Come here, Alice,” Baekhyun said in a low tone filled with love as he held gently unto her soft hands and pulled her closer to himself, embracing her in the warmth of his chest.

“Please don't cry, I just want you to stay out of trouble okay?”

 

“Okay,” Alice muttered after pulling away from the hug and Baekhyun wiped off the tears from her eyes, but then he noticed something quite different from Alice normal temperatu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter