002: Innocence

Forbidden Desire: Exo Short Stories & One Shots Collections.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being inside the black tent with lines of light blue around it, Baekhyun sat down and also asked Alice to do the same, but the girl was carried away by the strange thing Baekhyun took her into.

 

“Male or female?” She asked suddenly while her eyes searched around.

 

“Male or female?” Baekhyun repeated after her giving her a questioning look as he tried to understand what she meant. “What do you mean?”

 

“This.” Alice pointed to the tent before looking back at Baekhyun who is now smiling as he finally understood what she's talking about.

 

“This is neither a male or a female, this is a thing, and it's called a tent.”

 

“A tent.” She nodded her head and sat down before playing with her fingers, Baekhyun stared at her, and he could swear that Alice is the goddess of beauty herself if not that she's a human.

 

Kicking off the thought off his mind, he grabbed his bag and took out some toasted bread he made before coming to the forest. He also brought out a cup of butter and set it in front of them. He saw the strange look on Alice’s face when he picked up one of the bread, and he immediately knew that she must probably be confused. 

He spread some butter on the bread and brought out a bottle of apple juice.

 

“Take this, it's called toasted bread and apple juice.”

 

“Thank you.” She retrieved it and gently bit on it, smiling as she enjoyed the strange taste of the bread and juice.

 

For a moment, Baekhyun wondered who taught Alicia how to say thank you. For the look of things, it seems she has been in the forest for a long time, so how could she probably know the word that and when exactly to use it. He smiled and let the thought rest.

 

“Do you like it?” Baekhyun couldn't help but ask.

 

“Yes, I like it.” She reached for more bread and spread the butter on it herself, smiling happily when she did it perfectly.

 

“You're a quick learner, I must say I'm impressed, but how did you end up here in the forest all by yourself?” Baekhyun asked as he couldn't control the thought of it coming into his mind, moreover, he really wanted to know why a girl would be all alone in the forest and it was now becoming a heavy burden in his heart.

 

Alice was silent. She remained quiet while looking at Baekhyun in the eyes as she tried to fathom what he just asked since she knows nothing about herself.

 

“I don't know, all I know is that I'm a female from this…” She stopped and slowly bit her button lips trying to recall the name Baekhyun called their surroundings earlier.

 

Noticing Alice's sudden behavior, Baekhyun reached out his hand and tapped her face to bring her back to reality.

 

“Tell me, what's wrong? Why are you biting your lips?”

 

“Nothing is wrong, I'm just trying to remember the name you call this place.”

 

“You mean forest?”

 

“Yes, forest.” Alice nodded trying to store the names in her brain.

 

“So you don't know anything yourself?”

 

“No, not a single thing.”

 

Baekhyun felt bad. He knows what it feels like to be left all alone not to mention to be abandoned. There must surely be something about her in the forest that he can use in locating her family if she still has one left, but what's wrong is that he doesn't know where to start from.

 

“Are you okay? Why are you staring at me?” Alice questioned when she noticed that Baekhyun's eyes were on her all along, but unknown to her that he was in a deep thought.

 

Baekhyun only let out a small smile and shook his head, letting her know that he is okay. “It’s nothing, just that I was thinking about a few things.”

 

“Few things? Like what?”

 

"Like how you learn how to speak english, and use the correct word when required."

 

"Many male and women always come to this forest a lot. I always hide and listen to them whenever they're speaking." Alice explained and it was pretty clear to him. Of course, Alice probably learned how to speak english by listening to people that always visit the forest for picnics or sightseeing.

 

“So, where do you stay. I will love to know where you stay in this forest.”

 

“Okay.” Was all Alice said before jumping up on her feet. “Follow me.”

 

“Where to?”

 

"To the place I stay here in the forest.”

 

Baekhyun gladly got up and rushed behind the girl who was now very fast on her feet. Getting outside his tent, he was met with a swinging girl on the tree top, moving as fast as possible, from one branch to another.

 

“What the…” Baekhyun's jaw dropped at the sight in front of him, shocked and mesmerized by the performance the girl was currently carrying out.

 

Baekhyun tries to keep up the fast movement by running on foot, and calling her softly. It got to a certain point that Baekhyun saw the fun in it. He saw the fun in leaving a free life. A life where you control everything about you without being forced to do things.

 

“I never knew that the forest would be more fun than I imagined, this is just so perfect.” Baekhyun couldn't help the joy equipping his heart, and he let out a scream of happiness, as the whole thing was just too good to be real. All this while he was still running after Alice who kept calling his name, asking him to catch up with her.

 

Alice finally made a stop at a particular part of the forest, beside a semi-big river and there was a beautiful little cave, covered with huge leaves and beautiful flowers. It really looked nice and really really beautiful.

 

“Wow…” Baekhyun was speechless at the sight in front of him. Yes, his mansion back home is also beautiful with modern facilities, but never in his life has he ever felt so relieved and peaceful, and not to mention the beautiful scenery around him. God this was beyond his imagination,

 

“This is where I live, do you like it?” Alice asked cheerfully while looking at Baekhyun in the eyes.

 

“Are you asking me if I like it?” The man questioned, his expression unreadable as he stares at Alice.

 

“You don't  like it.” Alice asked softly, and her smile dropped and she unknowingly made a pout because now she was sad, but damn she was dangerously cute in that sad pout she made. Baekhyun became enchanted once again at the sight of the girl in front of him, or maybe he has always been enchanted by Alice's down to earth beauty.

 

Baekhyun slowly moved closer to Alice, he reached out his hands to her face and slowly caressed her soft chubby cheeks gently. Feeling bad that Alice was hurt. 

 

“I don't like it, I love it. This is the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen, it's just perfect. So please smile.”

 

“You do really like it?”

 

“Yes, I do so can you smile for me, please…” Baekhyun stressed the word and at the same time made a funny face, and Alice quickly smiled.

 

“This is where I sleep, come, and I will show you around here.”

 

Baekhyun followed her behind without saying any more words, but his facial expression said it all.


 

__________________

 

 

Mrs. Lee smiled as she stepped down from the limousine, heading straight to the waiting section at the airport to welcome her dear daughter.

 

The airport was a bit crowded due to so many people coming to pick up their arriving loved ones while some were sending theirs away.

 

Mrs. Lee let out a relaxing smile as soon as she sighted her only daughter, Sunmin from afar. The said girl was holding a red handbag which actually fit her heels, and wheeling the other big bag in her hands.

On seeing her mother appr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter