Destiny: 1

Forbidden Desire: Exo Short Stories & One Shots Collections.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was picked by an elderly lady beside the river bank when I was just a child. I had no idea about my real biological parents. I grew up knowing nothing about my origin.

I've tried asking the lady about anything about me, but all she told me was always “Nothing.” I've searched for answers but found none. I was just a hopeless case.

 

I became so helpless when this elderly woman passed on a few months ago. I had so many questions but never got an answer to any. I was the isolated type, trying to study the world from its beginning, but it's not possible at this point.

 

I have always needed someone to call a family, and luckily enough the elderly lady that saved me also adopted a little girl named  Jina a 7 years old girl 3 years back before her sudden passing. I would have been so lonely all by myself despite the fact that I'm already in my early 20s, old enough to take care of myself, but Jina was always there by my side to keep me warm, or rather we kept each other warm. With her around, I knew no sadness, but I still had certain questions that I needed answers to.

 

Jina and I would always go to the pool in the back of our little home and get ourselves all wet in it, loving the feel of the water on our skin.

Jina was always the type that would always bring up the matter about the black winged fairies, asking me if they are real or just a fantasy. As far as I know, all those stuff don't really exist, so I would just kick it off and explain it to little Jina that they are not real, but just fantasy.

 

We always have fun together when Jina comes back from school, and when she's tired I give her a warm bath and put her to sleep.

To me, Jina was my everything, and I promised myself to make sure I keep her happy, but it happened suddenly, unexpected.

 

The loud sound that shook our village in the dead of the night. I was fast asleep when the sound woke me up. I was scared as the sound continued. Jina ran to my room, holding me so tight, so at that point I knew that I must protect her.

 

“Jina be calm, nothing  bad will happen okay?” I tried my best in convincing her despite the fact that I know this wasn't normal at all.

This horrible loud sound lasted for about one to two hours and I was just trying my possible best to keep things calm and normal so I won't scare Jina even more.

 

We were still in the hideout in my bedroom when the sound stopped. It was totally silent. Calmness took over my little village, but I didn't bother about that as far as we all are alive.

I pulled Jina away from my embrace and caressed her face. “We're alive little one. We made it through that horrible sound.” I said smiling happily, but a deep voice brought Jina and me back to reality.

 

“There are two girls in this house, I think they're hiding.” I heard a man saying in a voice so deep and filled with anger.

“Bring them over immediately and make sure not one girl is left out in this village.” I heard another man said.

 

On hearing this, I rushed out of the bed, held Jina so close to my body, but as we were about to run, the door to our living room fell open, and two men walked in.

I couldn't see them properly because it was dark, but as they approached us, I was shocked to my bones at the sight in front of me.

 

These men were tall with a pair of black wings hanging firmly on their back. Their orbs were dark with no sign of white, and they were all on black.

 

"Who are you?" I asked with a shivering voice. I could feel my legs shaking in fear and Jina was no different from me.

The men said nothing but came closer to us and grabbed us before we could even try to run. I tried to fight free from their hold with all the power I had left in me, but they blew a golden little substance into our face and everything became dark.


 

I woke up to the sound of people screaming and crying. Blinking slowly, I looked around me hoping to find Jina, but she wasn't with me.

 

"Jina!" I called in a quavering voice, my hand trembling in fear at the strange surroundings. "Where am I?" I asked trying to stand up. I was weak and so were my bones. I couldn't even see clearly nor speak properly.

 

"You're in the kingdom of the Black wings fairies." A man holding a tray of fruits said.

"Kingdom of the Black-winged fairies? But why?"

"That I can't disclose to you right now, the Prince of this kingdom will do so himself."

 

I was scared and confused. I couldn't do a thing even if I wanted to. My little sister Jina was all that matters to me at that point so I inquired from the man who was frowning slightly down at me.

"My sister, Jina where is she?" I asked ready for anything that would happen to me.

 

"It's none of your concern, so you just keep quiet or I will take that pathetic life away from you." The man's eyes were emotionless and dangerous, so I kept still. I can't find my sister if I'm dead, so I played along with the man's wish.

 

"Get up and come with me." He ordered harshly without giving me the fruits he was holding.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Don't question me and do as I say." The man turned and left without looking at me anymore.

 

As I got to the said place he took me to, I discovered that they captured all the girls in our village and that we were taken captive to work as slaves in the kingdom of the black winged fairies. I couldn't complain about them because we honestly have no choice than to do as they say or we will be killed.

 

Although the girls in my village never associated with me since I was a little girl, now that we are all forced to work as slaves in the black winged fairies kingdom, they were all forced to talk to me.

 

Days went by and I still couldn't find my little sister Jina. I was so scared and just couldn't sleep at night at the thought of how my Jina would be doing. I tried, even more,  to search for Jina but I couldn't find her.



 

Like every night today was no different. It was raining heavily and Jina wasn't found.

I stood by the window side in the room I was asked to stay after my fourth day in staying in the kingdom. I am reaching out both my hands from the window to feel the coldness of the rain, and the rain did drop on my hands, wetting my fingers.

 

It was indeed cold as expected, but it wasn't enough to wash the thought that keeps popping up in my mind. The thought of shouting out to the world, asking the dark night who I really am and where my Jina was, and this night the urge was just too strong.

 

I couldn't help it anymore, so I moved closer to the window and let out a loud scream.

“Who am I! Why don't I have a history of my parents! Where is my little sister Jina! Please, somebody, anybody come to my aid, I want to know my destiny! I need my past back into my life!” I screamed so loud, but I got no response rather a heavy wind blew across my face and in a blink it stopped.

 

“What was that?” I asked no one in particular. I quickly withdrew my hands from the pouring rain and shut the windows closed. “So weird,” I muttered and turned around to crawl back to the mattress on the floor, but I was met with a man more like a shadow. He was standing in the closed darkness in my room and the only glowing thing were his white eyes.

 

“Who are you?” I asked, but got no response only silence. I couldn't see him properly because he was standing far away from me.

 

“I heard you call, and so I came to you.” The voice was deep and dry, but then soft.

I was scared, extremely scared so I moved back.

“As far as I know I don't remember calling out to you,” I said in a somewhat firm tone, trying to pretend as if I wasn't scared, but deep down I was scared.

 

“But you did.” The stranger replied. “You just called for me.” I heard the man say and at the same time taking hard footsteps towards the light that is illuminating my room.

"Your voice captured me." He said calmly.

 

I couldn't say a word but I just stare at the man walking into the brightness of my room.

My jaw fell open in shock at the sight of the man now standing in front of me with two black large wings hanging out from his back. He was so much taller than I and he was wearing a shiny dark suit mixed with silver at the neck collar. His hair was shining black and his orbs were dark, but I guess it glows in the dark.

 

Goodness. I stepped backward as I felt my whole body shivering in great shock. This man was by no means a human, but I can't deny the fact that he's so handsome, a perfection.

 

“W-who are you?” This time around I stuttered while asking him, and I couldn't feel my heart beating incredibly fast at the moment. I was still trying to fathom the event going on when he came closer to me, too close for my own good.

 

“Like I said,” he stopped on his track right in front of me, giving my left cheek a caress. “Your voice captured me.” He leaned closer to me, eyes locked with mine as he moved his large arms to caress my hair off my face.

 

"Why are you screaming so late at night? Are you in distress?" He asked in a tender but yet a deep tone with a charming smile gracing his lips.

I was enchanted by the look on his eyes, but then I looked away surely he's also a black winged fairy just like the rest of them that separated me from my sister.

 

"I'm not in any distress at all, so I guess I don't need you, so you can leave thank you," I said harshly and looked away.

"I see." I heard the man say in a low tone. I guess he was hurt but I wasn't bothered at all.

"I will leave then." He said and left in a blink, leaving no trace behind.

 

I sighed and closed the window, sobbing softly as I was missing my Jina the most. I want to hug her and tell her how much I missed her so much, but it was impossible for me to do so because I have no idea about her whereabouts. In tears, I drifted off to sleep with a heavy heart, but I couldn't get the image of the tall handsome fairy off my mind.

 

Days went by and I still couldn't find my sister. I was getting more frustrated by every passing day and sometimes I just feel like giving up.

 

"Bow!" A scary looking man commanded us while pushing us to our knees. "How dare you show disrespect towards the Prince of our kingdom? Do you desire to die?"

"No." We all said with our heads bowed . Truth be told, I was actually scared and worried, but then I heard the familiar voice asking us to rise on our feet.

 

Once I was up, I lifted up my eyes towards the direction of the said voice, and my eyes met with that of the Prince.

Gasping in shock, I looked away trying to recall where I once saw that handsome familiar face, and it was then I realized that he was the same man that came into my room some nights ago. It was then I realized that he was actually a royalty and I disrespected him greatly, but then he said nothing to me.

 

"I forbid you from treating them as slaves from this day onwards. Why on earth will you treat them as a slave? Was that my order?"

"No my Prince, but the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter