Bestfriend's Confession

Dreams Do Come True

March

You’d been seeing Johnny for three weeks now. It was all going well, you actually had more video content then you needed for the one week experiment. Screw that schedule. You actually went on several café and movie dates with Johnny. He made you really happy and you suddenly felt some kind of infatuation towards him. You actually kind of forgot about your life in Singapore and the fact that Johnny is an Idol. You’re glad that SM Entertainment knows that both of you are ‘friends’ so when Dispatch came out with an article of both of you spotted at CGV, you were not caught off guard. Plus the members kind of back you guys up every time Johnny goes out from the NCT Dorm.

Sometimes you even invite the boys over to your loft in Gangnam for Gogi Party, binge watch Netflix series or even playing PUBG or Overwatch together. With that also it will look less suspicious to the public eye. I guess you really got used to leaving in Seoul alone now. Occasionally, Johnny and Jaehyun will sleepover at your loft after practice as your place was nearby the SM Headquaters. It just so happened that they crashed to your place yesterday after their dance practice. Thank god your loft had extra sofa beds but sometimes you know they just self-service to sleep in your queen bed on the second floor. And you let them. Why? You can’t really say No to this beautiful creatures right? So you just let them be. You're such a fangirl.

‘’Sooo Jaehyun? Is he treating you well?’’ Johnny asked while drinking your last Banana Milk that you had saved for later first thing in the morning.

‘’You know he is Jaehyun...’’

‘’Right now, I’m not Johnny, your friend, but Johnny, your ‘Boyfriend’. And I really need to know this in order to work around this experiment properly. You know it is only been three weeks and I’m feeling a bit off whenever Jaehyun looks at you. Are you falling in love with him?’’

‘’Johnny, how is Haechan? He texted me yesterday saying he is down with a bad flu.’’ You darted the question from Johnny.

‘’He’s alright don’t you worry but you kept asking Jaehyun about him instead of asking me directly. I’m your boyfriend remember.’’

‘’That’s not it, you idiot. Its just-.’’

“(Insert your name), I’m just stressed whenever I caught Jaehyun looking at you one kind. I don’t know what’s on his mind. Does he like you or what? Or is there something I don’t know. Tell me baby.. I’m scared of letting you be here by yourself with him. He’s still comes here often right?”

‘’Of course you are. You wouldn’t dare to leave me alone. I won’t let you.’’

‘’Okay good, now answer my question. How do you feel when you’re with Jaehyun?’’

Johnny could see the way your eyes smile when he mentioned Jaehyun. He also realized how your cheeks turned red and how you played with your family ring on your finger when you got embarrassed. He found it cute. He thought you were cute but he wouldn’t admit it, never.

He could see why both Jaehyun and Haechan liked you. Yes, he was sure at this time Jaehyun liked you too but he still didn’t admit it. But the thing was, Jaehyun liked the part of you which you showed while Johnny likes you the moment he first saw you. It was love at first sight.

He lowkey wished that you will not fall for his bestfriend instead of him. Jaehyun is his best buddy in NCT and if he were to lose you to him, it might break this friendship that they have.


d98eafb8e98664b2583b68e8464d31a3.jpg

Johnny had taken Jaehyun out to get some drinks and chat for a while. The thing Johnny didn’t know unlike you was Jaehyun’s low alcohol tolerance. Only one beer was enough for him to start to speak the truth.

‘’I didn’t even realize I liked her until last week when she told me that she had feelings for you John. She told me like it was like love at the first sight. I text her quite often to talk about some stuff and she really seem to be a very genuine person. One day, she told me that she is willing to drop everything back home for you, for us if her father allows her to stay here for good. I took her to get some ice cream that day. I asked her what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. She told me she wanted to fall in love and in that moment I knew my life was going to be ed up. The way she said it, the look in her eyes… Whenever I close my eyes, that moment comes in front of me. I told myself to open up to her but then I realized that she didn’t want to be loved but she wanted to be in love. After that I searched some language courses and booked a class for (Insert your name). The least I could do to make her stay slightly longer in S.K. You’re lucky Johnny, she is in love with you. I’m pretty sure that I would’ve fallen in love with her. I love her as a friend, she’s my best friend now for god’s sake but I won’t be able to deal with losing my best buddy for over a decade. I won’t get over it. I don’t want to throw our friendship away. She always tells me that she will look after you when I’m gone and I truly believe that. She would want me to move on, get married and have kids in the future. If I fall in love with her THAT would never happen-‘’

‘’I think it’s time for you to go home Jaehyun. You started babbling again.’’ Johnny says, patting his drunk friend’s back. ‘’But I’m really curious about something. Do you think that if you had ever told her, would your relationship be different?’’

‘’She would probably reject me, saying that I don’t deserve somebody like her even if she liked me back. That’s why she’s saying that she wants to fall in love. Put that in your mind Johnny, she doesn’t want to be loved. That’s how she is, it’s only been three weeks since I met her but I understand how her mind works. She’ll probably fall in love with somebody who is willing to break her walls and that guy is not me.’’

Johnny just nodded.

‘’Promise me Johnny.’’

‘’Promise you what?’’

‘’Don’t let her fall in love with a guy that you don’t approve of. I trust you Johnny. I trust you with (Insert your name). Please take care of her.

That night when Johnny went back home, he thought a lot of what Jaehyun said to him. It was a bit weird. He thought Jaehyun was being selfish and not selfish at the same time. Jaehyun was ready to love you but also he wasn’t. He wanted to spend your remaining days in Seoul with you but he was scared. Jaehyun was scared of breaking his friendship with Johnny. In Johnny’s opinion Jaehyun didn’t deserve you as a lover. You deserved a person who’s willing to get hurt for you. You deserve a person who was willing to love you even if you’re dating long distance. You deserved a person who was like Johnny but even Johnny didn’t know what that meant yet.


- Omo Jung Jaehyun? I didnt know you felt that wayyyyyy... to be continued-