Returning to Homeland

Dreams Do Come True

July

image

Jaehyun still had feelings for you but he didn’t know if it was the right time for him to open up to you. He learned about your breakup with Johnny through Haechan last month. He kept his distance with Johnny aside from work schedules. Jaehyun lowkey texted you to check up on you from time to time. Just like before, he was back as your Peterpan. You were comfortable with him being around you.  

As the days passed Jaehyun replaced Johnny over everything. He picked you up and dropped you off everywhere. It was NCT127’s free month before their next comeback. He went to Korean language class with you, he held your hand during your movie dates and he kept you company at night in your apartment.


 

Johnny needed to get his mind of things so he decided to meet up with Taeyong and Yuta.

‘’If you didn’t like Jaehyun with (Insert your name) together, why didn’t you stop them?’’ Taeyong asked.

‘’You idiot, can’t you see that he’s lovestruck? Johnny, do you know the real reason Jaehyun and (Insert your name) break it off before? Jaehyun could see that you liked her months before you realized it yourself! He knew that you’d be the right person for her, not him, YOU! Like Taeyong said, if you loved her that much why didn’t you stop the two of them together?’’ Yuta said.

‘’Because she’s happier with him! ! She’ll be gone in a few months and I just want her to be happy! I made a promise to her months ago that I would help her fall in love! I’m not ruining that because of my selfishness. In the other hand, since she’s not hanging out with me anymore because of Jaehyun. It just shows that I wasn’t a good enough boyfriend to her.’’

‘’Will you be okay if the girl that you’re in love with, fall in love with somebody else?’’ Taeyong asked, patting his friend’s back.

‘’I have to do this, for her.’’


 

Later that night Johnny got a call from you. Its been almost a month since he last texted you after the breakup.

‘’Johnny-‘’

‘’Oh my god Hi, (Insert your name), did something happen? Where are you? Is-‘’

‘’Calm down idiot!! I have something to tell you. I went to the embassy today. I went alone since Jaehyun was busy-‘’

‘’Why didn’t you call me? I could’ve come with you-‘’

‘’I didn’t want to bother you. Anyways, the admin said that my visa will be expiring soon and I don’t think I want to renew it since I’ve been here for almost half a year already. It’s time for me to go back home. My work here is done anyway. I’m heading back to Singapore this weekend’’ you said, trying to hold back your tears.

Johnny couldn’t believe his ears. You were going to leave? He won’t be able to see you anymore? Johnny didn’t realize that he was crying until you put it out.

‘’Johnny, you’re making me cry more. If I knew that you were going to be a crybaby, I would’ve called Jaehyun or Haechan first.’’ You stammered, your sobs getting louder.

The fact that you called him before anybody else, made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

“(Insert your name), I love you.’’ Johnny didn’t know why he said it. He was just in the mood and there was no turning back. He needed you to know.

‘’I… I love you too Johnny. Thanks for being my best friend.’’

Best friend… It hurt more than it should have. After all the time you had spent together, he was just your ex-boyfriend and nothing more now.

‘’Thanks for being you (Insert your name)… Look I have to go now. Let me know if you need anything, alright?’’

‘’Okay.. miss you..’’


Late October

‘’Johnny I have to talk to you about something, it’s important.’’ Jaehyun said, grabbing Johnny’s arm.

‘’About what? I have to get to recording.’’ Johnny said uninterested.

‘’It’s about (Insert your name).’’

‘’You have 10 minutes.’’

‘’Let’s get some coffee.’’

db3985226de66dac070d30626ae75e46a53f14d9.png

Johnny and Jaehyun sat near the window of the coffee shop. It was your favorite place to hang out. You used to come here with Johnny and sit on the exact same spot even if you only drank water. You called it ‘our spot’ until you started to bring Jaehyun over and stopped calling Johnny to hang out at your spot.

‘’I’m not going to babble, Johnny, I’m in love with (Insert your name).’

Johnny choked on his coffee and started coughing.

‘’You’re what?!’’ Cough. “Are you sure about it? Don’t play with her heart Jung Jaehyun, I will break your pretty face.’’

‘’Johnny, I’m not playing around with her. I’m serious about it. Also since she’s coming back to Seoul this fall, you know, I wanted to tell her how I feel-‘’

‘’So you weren’t in love before when you got her drunk and almost took her ity away? Jaehyun, are you some kind of sick joke? What the -‘’

‘’Johnny, what the are you saying? Why are you twisting my words like that? I’m being serious. I’m in love with her.’’

‘’NO JAEHYUN! You’re not in love with her. You can’t fall in love with her. I know that you’ll end up hurting her. Jaehyun, she can’t handle this. Her heart is too small for her big personality.’’ Johnny’s hands were shaking and he was having a hard time to breathe.

Johnny was having a panic attack and Jaehyun didn’t know what to do. He grabbed his shoulders and gave him a tight squeeze.

‘’Johnny, stay calm. Your face is white as snow. Take deep breaths. Just like that.’’

It took Johnny a while to get himself back together. ‘’I’m just scared Jaehyun. She’s like glass, so fragile. Did you know that she had an asthma attack and fainted while making out with you?’’

‘’I know, she told me. She even tells the most serious things like they were some kind of a joke.’’ Jaehyun chuckles making Johnny smile a little. ‘’I’m serious about her Johnny. I want to be next to her when it happens, you know. I want to be with her.’’

Now Johnny could see how much you meant to Jaehyun. He was really in love with you and you deserved to be loved. He couldn’t give the love you deserved but he hoped that Jaehyun could.


-omo omo... so is Johnny gonna let Jaehyun be with you? to be continued-