Fall

Dreams Do Come True

maxresdefault.jpg

‘’Johnny, are you busy?’’ you asked on the phone.

‘’I’ll always have time for you, what’s up?’’ Johnny said, eating some cereal. It was 9pm but for Johnny, he could eat cereal at any given meal.

You and Johnny remained friends even after the breakup. It has been months since and you have learned to move on from the relationship. It was for the best and you felt better after letting go of all the painful past.

‘’I’m at the airport-‘’

‘’Airport? Oh you’re back? Is Jaehyun with you?’’ he said, leaving everything on the kitchen table and went to the door to wear his shoes and put on his jacket.

‘’Johnny, I’m alone-‘’

‘’I’ll be there in 20 minutes, okay? Which airport are you at?’’

Johnny was next to you within 15 minutes. He was lucky he was not caught speeding by the authorities.

‘’You shouldn’t drive that fast if you don’t want to get killed on the road.’’

‘’I can’t believe you are making jokes even when you needed help. What did they feed you on the plane? Sarcasm?’’ he joked, sitting on the bench next to you at the arrival pick up point.

Johnny made you laugh, like every single time. You always laughed at his lame jokes, not because you felt bad but you loved to see Johnny’s smile when you laughed at his jokes.

‘’Anyways, mind telling me why you’re here?’’ Johnny asked, concerned.

‘’Fall tour. I was about to faint when I got here. I didn’t sleep at all throughout the 6 hours flight. I was busy editing my vlog trailer. I’m all good now since my rescuer brought me coffee.’’

‘’Where’s Jaehyun? I thought he was supposed to pick you up.’’

‘’He doesn’t know that I’m here.’’

‘’What? Why-‘’

‘’He told me that he was in love with me Johnny…’’

‘’Oh… ‘’ Silence. ‘’What about you?… Are you in love with him?’’

Silence again.

You look down at your hands while you played with your cup. You shook your hand.

‘’I don’t think so. I mean… not yet. I don’t know.’’ You hold your cheeks.

‘’What did you say to him?’’ he said in a low voice.

‘’I said that I needed some time. Don’t you think that he’s moving too fast? It’s only been like a few months?’’

‘’So you were stressed and then you felt like fainting due to jetlag? Um excuse me but where was Jaehyun?’’

You nodded.

‘’Jaehyun got angry at my words and hung up on me before my take off, so yes.’’

‘’That bastard-‘’

‘’It’s okay Johnny. At least you came.’’

‘’I can stay the night if you want.’

‘’I don’t want to be a bother to you, John. My dad will video call me tonight.’

‘’Call and tell him that he doesn’t have to worry. We’re having a sleepover tonight.’’ He said, patting your thighs.

‘’Are you sure that you’ll fit in my bed? You’re like 2 meters tall!’’ you said as Johnny squeezed your cheeks beside you.

‘’I think we’ll work it out. I have a drama series on Netflix that I wanna watch, care to watch some Itaewon Class with me Ms. Lee?’’

‘’That would be an honor Mr. Suh.’’

tumblr_p4ymt2IC4d1tfr8cho3_500.jpg

You were at your Gangnam Loft. 40 minutes into the drama, you were asleep on Johnny’s chest which made him blush a lot. You had an arm wrapped around his torso as he played with your hair. He could feel his cheeks getting hotter. Johnny would give up everything so you could stay like this forever. Slowly, he felt his eyes getting heavier and the next thing he knew he fell asleep with you in his arms.

The next morning, you woke earlier than Johnny. He was gripping you tightly like a teddy bear since the bed was small, he was probably worried about you falling down or something, it was hard for you to move. You slowly turned around to fake Johnny, trying not to wake him up. His breath was steady. The strands of his black hair were covering his closed eyes. He looked like an angel. You couldn’t help but stare at his sleeping figure. It was a different feeling waking up next to Johnny.

You’d had millions of sleepovers with your cousin Hyuck in which you shared the same bed, you didn’t feel something like this. The only thing you wanted was to wrap your arms around his giant body and cuddle him. It was weird but a good weird. You liked it. Everything felt familiar with him. He made you feel safe and comfortable for some reason. You pushed the strands of hair off quietly, trying to take a better look at his face.

In that moment you realized that Jaehyun could never be Johnny. Your Johnny. The guy who spent all his summer running around you, the guy who went against all the company rules while dating you, the guy who bought you every Winnie the Pooh themed stuff because it was your favourite plushie, the guy who was right next to you instead of your own family in Seoul. The guy who you’d been longing was always right next to you but you were too selfish to see it.

You were in love with Johnny.


 

‘’(Insert your name), thanks for meeting me. Look I was a jerk-‘’

‘’Cut it, Jaehyun. Do you know how I felt after you hung up on me? I had jetlag and had to stay there for a few hours at the airport because I felt like fainting. You put me into too much stress-‘’

‘’I didn’t-‘’

‘’You didn’t even call me or send me a ing text? Were you not worried about me at all? And you said you loved me, pfft, I guess that was a lie.’’

‘’You know that I’m serious about you, about us. I was just angry-‘’

‘’You were angry because your ing ego got hurt Jaehyun. Because all your life, you always had what you wanted but now when a girl that you ‘love’ didn’t love you back, your ego got hurt. I can’t believe this.’’

‘(Insert your name), listen to me for a second-‘’

‘’I don’t have time for your bull Jaehyun. My time is important since I’m here for work and trying to earn a living. But thank you, I realized that you weren’t worth my time, there are people out there who truly care about me.’’

‘’Like Johnny? As expected from Mr. Suh, he came to save the day, didn’t he?’’

‘’Don’t dare to talk about Johnny like that. He was there with me that night when you weren’t. At least now I know who I love and it’s not you Jaehyun. I’m drawing the line now Jae.’’


 

‘’You what?!!!!!’’ Hyuck screamed over the phone as you facetimed him.

‘’You heard me right. I ended my some.’’

‘’But… you don’t seem sad at all. I thought you liked him. Like… you were going to give him a chance’’

‘’Turns out he was a jerk and a certain somebody opened my eyes.’’

‘’Is that certain somebody… Johnny?’’

‘’Why do you ask questions when you know the answer? Jaehyun left me alone then Johnny came in and save the day as always. It’s always been him.’’ You mumbled the last part.

‘’Uhh Noona? What was that? Are you trying to say-‘’

‘’I loved him Hyuck and I’ve always regretted that I didn’t understand him enough. I realized it too late. Anyways as I said before, I’m willing to love him from a far.’’ You confessed as you played with the hem of your sweatshirt – Johnny’s sweatshirt.

“Pabo-yah. Why the would Johnny come to the airport in the middle of the night and spend the night next to you, and giving you his sweatshirt like as though you didn’t have comfortable clothing with you. It was like 5 degrees outside okayyyy? Can’t you see that he loves you too?’’

Your heart skipped a beat. Was Johnny in love with you like the way you were still?

‘’Stop thinking (Insert your name), go get your man. He’s been waiting for too long.’’

‘’Thanks Hyuck, tell Youngjae that I said hi, I gotta go. Kkeno’’


-omo omo... are you gonna be back with Johnny again?? also this chapter reminds me of the song Fall by Crush. Link below. to be continued-

https://open.spotify.com/track/28rrN7Ld05dEpnzfbveu0A?si=VANqPSKgS3yIdCNEEgRVlQ