Night Meeting

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

“I’m sorry Hyewon but I just don’t feel the same way towards you.”

She saw through it. The lie, the fear and the hesitancy in Eunbi’s voice as she uttered those words. How she avoided making direct eye contact with her while saying it.

She should have just held it in a little bit longer but couldn’t anymore. Not after what happened last night. Hyewon didn’t think Eunbi needed to know that now. Maybe in the near future she will tell her.

She really wished the woman would just have faith and not burden herself with so many worries.

“I understand.” Hyewon said, her voice deviate of any emotions. She had to keep it together for both of their sake. “Sorry for that just now. Guess I needed it to get it off my chest. I hope we can still be friends.”

She lied. She wasn’t really sorry at all and didn’t want to just be friends anymore to be honest but she did feel a lightness in her body after the admission. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) for her, she had already predicted that answer from Eunbi.

Before she could even hear the other woman’s response, Eunbi rushed out of the room.

“You okay Hyewon-unnie?” a voice suddenly asked.

Hyewon blinked when she saw Chaeyeon’s upturn face above her. The girl had a concerned look on her face.

“I’m fine.” She smiled reassuringly at her friend.

She sat up and glanced over at the wall clock, surprised to find out she had been laying on the ground for nearly an hour, feeling bored while waiting for her friends at their studio. Next thing she knew her mind unknowingly went off to that scene again and she had been unable to stop it from playing.

Just then the door clicked opened and entered Yujin and Yena.

“Have they arrive yet?” Yujin asked referring to Nako and Wonyoung. She put down her and Yena’s bags on the table.

Chaeyeon shook her head which led to the younger girl muttering something under her breath and taking out her phone to text someone.

“What are you guys doing?” Yena asked as she and Yujin walked up them before noticing Hyewon’s expression. “Did something happen Kwangbae-ah?”

“You had a pensive look on your face just now unnie. Care to share?” Chaeyeon prodded softly.

The three of them just sat there waiting for their unnie’s who just remained quiet, staring at something in the distance.

“It’s her isn’t it?” Yena broke the silence.

Hyewon just sighed tiredly.

“Honestly sometime you amaze me unnie. Even after she rejected you, you’re still able to look at her as if nothing had happened. If I were in your shoes, I would try to avoid her as much as I can. At least until I get over her, I think. So, what gives?” Yujin wondered as were the rest of the other girls.

Hyewon had told them everything that had happen between her and Eunbi a month ago. Shockingly, she didn’t even look heartbroken nor dejected at all when she recounted it to them. In fact, she looked like she was regaling them a story. As if she just didn’t go through a painful experience.

“Well the fact that I know she feels the same way towards me. She’s just in denial about it.”

Chaeyeon, Yena and Yujin shared a look with each other from hearing that confident answer.

“And how would you know that unnie?” Chaeyeon asked curiously.

Because I always caught her staring at my lips whenever we talk and she also give me that ‘look’ like she really wanted to kiss me. “Just a woman’s intuition” she replied instead with a sly smile.

“Wow! Such confidence.” Yena expressed in awe while the other two girls just looked at their friend in bewilderment, not satisfied with the answer.

Who would believe that? Probably Yena only.

In response, Hyewon just shrugged unapologetically.

All of them swiveled their heads when the door clicked again and in walked Nako and Wonyoung with several plastic bags in their hands.

“Yah! You’re late.” Yujin said.

“Sorry about that. We just went to the nearest convenience store to buy some snacks.” Nako told them as she and Wonyoung put away the bags on the table. “And rest assured, I also ordered our dinners so we’re ready for tonight. It’ll be here in the next ten minutes.”

The four girls cheered at the mention of dinners.

So, while they were waiting, the girls decided to fool around with Yujin, Yena and Wonyoung hilariously challenging Chaeyeon to a dance battle to which the latter amusedly accepted. The music was on full blast.

“How long has it been since we last recorded?” Nako asked as she started recording her hyper friends with her Canon camera, a gift from her parents and also the girls’ vlog camera for their YouTube channel.

The decision to launch it last June was when Nako and Wonyoung who took courses in multimedia wanted to learned more on video production on their own. Both girls discussed it with their four friends about their ideas and worries especially since they needed an office space/studio for it. It didn’t take long for them to find one as Yujin told them that her aunt had decided to rent them an empty place free of charge not far from their university. In exchange they have to help her in her restaurant on the weekdays which they agreed.

Currently the studio only has a long wooden table, several plastic chairs, a mini refrigerator and a mobile whiteboard as result of them chipping in their money from doing the part time work there and some bought from a garage sale.

“Last December I think before Christmas break.” Hyewon replied. They laughed as they watched at the hilarity ensued before them with Yena trying to outdo Chaeyeon with a b-boy dance only to fall on her back hard.

Then Hyewon whispered “This meeting we’re about to have, it’s related to Valentine’s Day, right?”

Nako pursed her lips. She knew nothing would escape Hyewon. She’s just that sharp. “You’ll found out later Kang-chan.”

“This is going to be fun.”

***

“I’m so full” Yena exclaimed as she and Nako laid back on their chair feeling stuffed.

The table was literally filled with all assortment of foods and drinks they had ordered and was now left with only empty plastic plates, cups and containers. Because of the quantity in ordering, they nearly didn’t have a space to put their camera tripod to record their mukbang.

“I’m done” Chaeyeon stated a moment later, wiping with a tissue.

As expected, Hyewon, Yujin and Wonyoung still haven’t finish with their food yet as they continued eating the remaining jajangmyeon, fried chicken, tteokbokki and dumplings the others weren’t able to finish.

Moments later after clearing off the table and dumping the trashes on the garbage outside, it’s time for their meeting to start. The other girls waited while Nako and Chaeyeon dragged their whiteboard to the front.

Wonyoung, meanwhile took out her own Canon camera, tripod and mini microphone from her bag which she later attached on top of the camera. A different camera than Nako’s as this one more towards video recording. She hit the pause button on Nako’s and pressed the record button on hers.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N : Hi guys! Just wanted to say sorry for not updating for the past few days after posting the first chapter. Been resting and going through some stuff but dont worry, I'm still writing further chapters. I also wanted to say thank you for subscribing and especially reading this fanfic of mine. Feeling overwhelmed and really grateful to you guys even though it had only been one chapter XD. I hope it would at least lift y'all spirit up during this hard time we are facing and stay safe. 

P.S : this fanfic is a slow burn. More details will be reveal as you read more :)